The Dentist

Soldato
I have a hyperventilation-panic-attack-inducing-hysterical-crying terror of dentists. One once told me to go away and stop being so stupid.

The upside is I have an impressive pain threshold.

Caporegime
Pebbles said:
I have a hyperventilation-panic-attack-inducing-hysterical-crying terror of dentists. One once told me to go away and stop being so stupid.

Did you take his advice???

I dont mind the dentist, mine is pretty cool...a guy from S Africa and is a rugby bloke but always manage to have a good ole chinwag with him before he has a look at my lovely gnashers :D

Sic

Sic

Soldato
Pebbles said:

duly noted.

i know a lot of people who are afraid of the dentist...apparently they used to be really nasty and rough....but now they're all nice and fluffy. i used to like my dentist, before she went private. now i cant actually afford the dentist so i'm the most anally retentive person about my teeth, evar.

Soldato
Spawn said:
Did you take his advice???

I dont mind the dentist, mine is pretty cool...a guy from S Africa and is a rugby bloke but always manage to have a good ole chinwag with him before he has a look at my lovely gnashers :D

I'd rather have an injecting in my eye then in my gums.

People are just funny about somethings..

FTM

FTM

Soldato
I didnt go for years then had to due to a tooth cracking

I now see my dentist once a year and go see the hygenist at the practice twice a year for a scrape and a polish

I would rather suffer a little discomfort at the time then have a mouthful of rotted teeth

N3M

N3M

Associate
OP
Mine was more of an accident than not brushing or flossing...

I can see where some of you guys are coming from tho, i used to start shaking in the waiting room and not stop half hour after the ordeal.

Im shocked at how straightforward the whole process was! it does help to have good hygene and gums... the dentist said some times the tooth cracks and they have to pull all the bits out n stuff! :eek:

Luckily for me it came out in one piece :D

Dentists are good guys, granted there are butchers around, but if your not happy in your current dentist, shop around...

Associate
My only fear of the dentists is the smell of the Dental Surgery. I'm always greeted with this foul smell which is enough to upset my stomach whenever I set foot into my Orthodontist. The worst thing about it is that I sometimes taste the smell in the back of my mouth for the rest of the day. :(

Wise Guy
Permabanned
sniffy said:
My dentist didn't even wait for the local to kick in when he started on me last time.

"Is that painful?"

"Yeah is a bit mate"

"..."

*continues butchering my tooth

I need to go get a tooth removed now, not looking forward to that :/
You just haven't got the technique of dentist-management sorted out yet.

What you do is you lay down in the chair, and when he is ready to start work, you grab hold of him, firmly, by the goolies, and assure him in your best straight-faced voice, that it IS going to hurt him more than it hurts you. ;)

Works wonders ..... I'm told.

PS. There is a technical flaw in this method if you have a lady dentist. I'll leave the adaptation to the technique as an exercise for the student.

PPS. If you get arrested, or end up with no teeth at all .... don't blame me. :D

Soldato
Sequoia said:
You just haven't got the technique of dentist-management sorted out yet.

What you do is you lay down in the chair, and when he is ready to start work, you grab hold of him, firmly, by the goolies, and assure him in your best straight-faced voice, that it IS going to hurt him more than it hurts you. ;)

Works wonders ..... I'm told.

PS. There is a technical flaw in this method if you have a lady dentist. I'll leave the adaptation to the technique as an exercise for the student.

PPS. If you get arrested, or end up with no teeth at all .... don't blame me. :D

LMAO. Classic :D

Associate
Im 19 stone howitzer and im crying here typing this lol.
im terrified beyond belief in regards to the dentist. :(

Speaking of which ive got my appointment 2moz.

Soldato
Piggymon said:
I'm wierd ... I LOVE going to the dentist :o

YAY! There was me thinking I was the only one. :D I really like my dentist so always end up chatting with him about dental technology and stuff, then go chat up the dental nurses afterwards :o

Permabanned
Don't know why, but having had several dentists over the years, due to house moves etc, I have always found South African dentists to be the best.

I hate having anything done at the dentist's as I don't respond properly to the local anasthetic and have to have loads put in, so my mouth is always numb for over an hour. Aparently it is because of the way the nerves run in my jaw and about 1 in 10 people have the same problem.

Good luck :)

Man of Honour
I didn't go to the dentist for at least 20 years and when I eventually did it cost me £1500. I then left it about another 7 years and ended up paying about £800. I've just gone through another 5 year lapse and I needed to go and amazingly a new Polish dentist started at my local dentists and I got in as a NHS patient. So far I've had 3 fillings and a tooth out and its cost £46. This is one dentist I will keep even though she's not too good with the needle.

Soldato
My dentist shouted at me for damaging one of her instruments. I had an infected tooth and no amount of painkiller was going 2 numb it. Anyway, off she went with that long fish-hook type of thing they use to prod into your tooth- and bang-she hit an infected nerve. The pain caused me 2 half jump out of the chair and twist my kneck with the impliment still inside my mouth. When she pulled it out, the impliment, which had previously a fish-hook kind of shape, was now straight. She then shouted at me for straightening it out and huriedly filled my tooth with a tempory filling-arguing the infection was too severe 2 continue the work. Hope this helps :D

Soldato
I'm scared stiff of the dentist. I really need to go now as I know I've got a problem with one of my front teeth but I get nervous just thinking about it.

I don't mind the injections at all but I still feel a lot of pain when the drilling starts. I know it's only for a short period of time but I just can't bring myself to go through it, then fork out about a grand for the privilege.

If they just knocked me out totally and did the necessary then it'd be ok, is this an option?

Back
Top Bottom