**The Dragon Age Origins Thread **

Soldato
Also can someone give me some basic tactics, so I don't die straight away even on easy. I'm still at the tower part, where the big LOTR style battle has just started. I'm still on the first level of the tower. I have Alistair, a random mage and a random tower guard in my party.

Also, get used to each character and use them in a particular order. For example at the stage of the game you're in, throw Alastair into combat first (unless you're a tank yourself), then position yourself where you're most useful (mage - nearby, but not between alastair and more enemies; Rogue - in the thick of it, but move yourself behind the enemies so you're taking less damage and get the backstab bonus; Dog - with alastair, but try not to get aggro)

Aggro is "attention" of enemies. IE, a tank is best to get all the aggro, meaning all teh enemies are attacking that one guy, and everyone else can then attack the enemies without being hurt. If someone "steals aggro", then they've attracted too much attention (through high burst damage usually) and the enemy turns to attack that guy instead.

Soldato
Also, get used to each character and use them in a particular order. For example at the stage of the game you're in, throw Alastair into combat first (unless you're a tank yourself), then position yourself where you're most useful (mage - nearby, but not between alastair and more enemies; Rogue - in the thick of it, but move yourself behind the enemies so you're taking less damage and get the backstab bonus; Dog - with alastair, but try not to get aggro)

Aggro is "attention" of enemies. IE, a tank is best to get all the aggro, meaning all teh enemies are attacking that one guy, and everyone else can then attack the enemies without being hurt. If someone "steals aggro", then they've attracted too much attention (through high burst damage usually) and the enemy turns to attack that guy instead.

I see. Well, Alistair seems to run off and fight anyway, and he dies very quickly lol. By the time I manage to get my other characters to do anything, he's dead and that's basically game over for me at that point. I need to use the spacebar more I guess.

Soldato
I can't help but shake the feeling that more characters will be enabled via dlc ;). There are conversation options at camp where you can ask party members to leave, though i've never tried one out.

I think I read on the official forums that DLC characters are unlikely (unless they're already coded and were taken out) as it's a lot of work to slot them into the plot with dialogue, pay voice actors etc. More likely we'll get completely new areas.

Man of Honour
Not really, mage/healer hybrids are pretty cool, just have to be carefull with mana. Saying that, why not just user her and Wynne? more healing and more damage.

My current set up is:

Me = Tank.
Sten = 2H DPS.
Moriggan = AoE spammer, almost unlimted mana due to regen items.
Wynne = Pure healer.

I am practicaly unkillable.

Even with just Moriggan ranged and healing my group I am almost unkillable. So I can only imagine how strong you would be with her and Wynne!

Soldato
LOL gotcha. Yeah there's a 'switch character' button on the load menu.

Some people have mentioned that if you switch without shutting the game down, gender can get confused (e.g. play as a woman, load a bloke, keep getting called a woman) but it's suspected to be caused by installing the level builder.

Associate
sometimes i find it hard to click on things, its as if the clickable area is too small
it happened a lot with the notes i was finding in the mages tower but it also happens on the party select screen with people in the back row, it keeps hilighting people in front of them and it sometimes takes a while to pick who i want, does anyone else have this problem?

Soldato
How good is this game? how long would it take to complete?

The key components of Dragon Age are win and awesome. Speed run could be done in maybe 20-40 hours or something but thats skipping most talking and any exploring. If you take your time and enjoy it its at least 60 imo.

I have played for about 20 hours already and have not wanted to put down :)

Back
Top Bottom