**The Dragon Age Origins Thread **

Soldato
Am at the tower level with alistair and random mage,so far the story line has been great, the game looks ok nothing that really stands out, the music is ok too but by far the worse item has to be combat/skill system,
its like they used skill/combat system from a game 10 years ago rather then modernising it with new skill/combat from modern rpgs.am farid it soo bad i may have to uninstall it and perhap come back to it at a later date,
Don't get me wrong i love rpg's but.... it soo meh

zia

If you're only at the tower, you've barely started the game. Wait until you get into the wide world before judging it.

Soldato
I just finished the Story line.

The possibilities of expansions is unreal!

There's so much I want to finish up, so much that needs doing.

Spoiler skip if you want.

*Spoiler*
I want to see my son! I want to find out what happened to him and his mother. I need to find her!
*Spoiler*

Argh the ending is amazing! But I don't want it to end!
I don't want to wait another year maybe more to continue my story. :(

Sem

Sem

Soldato
how come so many people are completing this already

from the reviews i read it takes 50-60 hours to complete and that's just the main storyline
and it only came out last week are you guys playing non stop or something lol

Soldato
how come so many people are completing this already

from the reviews i read it takes 50-60 hours to complete and that's just the main storyline
and it only came out last week are you guys playing non stop or something lol

Took me just over 30 hours for main story line.

It'll easily take a lot longer if you want to unlock everything.

I love the game.

My only gripe is that I need a new character if I want to play through it again.
Can't use the same one :(

Soldato
Spoilers would do well to sit in the Spoiler thread which still sits on the front page of this forum because we dont have spoiler tags and its easy to scan read something that mullers the storyline. rant off/

colouring it blue doesnt help, big titles above it dont help.

Soldato
30 hours!? I've clocked that already and I've only completed one of the three main locations!

Yeah I kinda rushed it :(

I've made a new Warrior and now I'm really going to take my time.
It's a pity all the unlocks I got on my last one won't count for this one.

Although atleast now he's not slightly ginger and doesn't look like a stuck up arse :p

Associate
Spoilers would do well to sit in the Spoiler thread which still sits on the front page of this forum because we dont have spoiler tags and its easy to scan read something that mullers the storyline. rant off/

colouring it blue doesnt help, big titles above it dont help.

I'll second that, i've seen a couple of things i didn't want to in this thread. Miffed me slightly.

So your far in, it looks awesome, you feel the need to express what you experienced, you just can't contain yourself.... Don't cos no matter what you do to highlight as a spoiler its so easy to read without actually looking. and to be honest, nobody wants to have a game this good spoiled

Associate
Initially i thought the old mad hermit was rock hard, tried and tried for a couple of hours to kill him. But if you setup your team tactics correctly he's extremely easy on normal difficulty.

The key to this game is to have the right tactics setup for each main encounter, some boss fights may feel like they are impossible after the first few tries, but it generally only takes a small amount of thought in the tactics window and your soon doing far far better than you were a few mins ago.

Its been said before, the game is all about the tactics setup.

Associate
One thing I hate about this game is the way sneak is realised, what's the cloud of smoke about? Preferred the way BG and NWN did it all those years ago...actually I think I've preferred the way every other game has done it compared to this.

I was also able to sneak into a room and loot a chest under the noses of two guards. When I say sneak I mean throw open the door and walk straight across the middle of the room...seems sneak=invisible. That's lame. Only played for a couple of hours but I'm a bit disappointed so far.

Associate
Made the game even harder by killing the only healer you can recruit, was late she was rambling on and I just wanted to go kill things. Didnt even know had done it until a day later when I looked up what companions could have. Morrigan does ok, have to control her in battle though to top up other party members health but whe wants me to do a quest without her, I tried and well going to need a lot of healing pots for that :(

Associate
It depends on your level of sneak and the level of the person you're trying to sneak past, surely?

Well I'm at the very lowest level of sneak and opening a chest right next to a guard should disable it. Same with opening doors.

Would also like to have seen it light based but that's probably asking too much. I can roleplay it by not using sneak in that situation but it's pretty poor.

Soldato
Had a huge session on this last night and am feeling the effects today :(. No more 3am bedtimes when I have to be up for work at 7 :p. Things are finally starting to click with my party, most characters being around level 12 now. Still using the combination of:

Warrior Templar (Secondary Champion)
Rogue Duelist (Secondary Assassin)
Rogue Bard (Secondary will be ranger)
Mage Spirit Healer (Not sure about secondary yet)

Managed to get through the Ashes quest without many major problems, though i'm yet to return to Redcliffe and finish it for good. Trying to purchase all the skill books I can at the minute just to maximise skill points, made a lot of money from mission loot thats just doing nothing at the minute.

Back
Top Bottom