**The Dragon Age Origins Thread **

Caporegime
I was also able to sneak into a room and loot a chest under the noses of two guards. When I say sneak I mean throw open the door and walk straight across the middle of the room...seems sneak=invisible. That's lame. Only played for a couple of hours but I'm a bit disappointed so far.
Well, it means the guards rolled a lower number and so lost the roll.

Caporegime
Managed to get through the Ashes quest without many major problems, though i'm yet to return to Redcliffe and finish it for good. Trying to purchase all the skill books I can at the minute just to maximise skill points, made a lot of money from mission loot thats just doing nothing at the minute.
Where from? I've not found many merchants selling them.

Soldato
I'm probably going to fail at this game, mostly because i'm loathe to get rid of my dog.

But he's so cute and he rolls over and his name is Groo.

I actually turned away the rogue chantry chick (Leliena?) because it was either her or morrigan that had to be booted. Since i'm a rogue, i decided she had to be left behind.

RaV

RaV

Associate
DampCat theres no reason not to accept ppl as they just end up in your camp if you dont want to use them. Though I just found her annoying anyway.

Associate
I'm probably going to fail at this game, mostly because i'm loathe to get rid of my dog.

But he's so cute and he rolls over and his name is Groo.

I actually turned away the rogue chantry chick (Leliena?) because it was either her or morrigan that had to be booted. Since i'm a rogue, i decided she had to be left behind.

You do realise you can have more than 4 people in your "entourage" for want of a better word.

Soldato
I had 4 people in my party, and when she turned up and invited herself along, I was presented with a screen in which i had to remove someone?

So i removed her again. She dissapeared from the area i was in though, so presumably she went someone I can get her from later?

Soldato
I have put mine on easy and it's still a challenge but soo much more fun

I found this too. My easy still has friendly fire on though :p. Its nice to just play through without having to bother with tactical analysis and reloads after every little mistake. I switch up to Normal every now and again but if I get frustrated i'll just turn it down so I can keep enjoying the game.

Think that on the next playthrough i'll go as a Warrior and do it on normal all the way.

Soldato
Im not very far in (at the first town with the chantry where the guy tells you about the Ashes quest after you defeat the bandits), but only once has a guy been "killed".. and so far as i can tell, he just gets back up and you remove the debuff?

Doesn't seem that hard so far on Normal. This isn't bragging, i'm putting it down to the fact i'm not very far in.

Soldato
Im not very far in (at the first town with the chantry where the guy tells you about the Ashes quest after you defeat the bandits), but only once has a guy been "killed".. and so far as i can tell, he just gets back up and you remove the debuff?

Doesn't seem that hard so far on Normal. This isn't bragging, i'm putting it down to the fact i'm not very far in.

I had that too, the only reason I encountered problems is due to the fact I just don't like some of the characters (Sten, Morrigan) so I put myself at a disadvantage by not using them. If the tradeoff for me using a party I like is playing the game on easy, thats fine with me :).

Soldato
Passed a few minor spoilers so far in this thread, so i think i'll stay out of it until ive finished it :)

Just had to say one thing though. Only a small feature, but very often overlooked in pc games, ALT-TAB actually works brilliantly :eek: fast, smooth and it doesn't crash the game, bravo Bioware!

Soldato
Passed a few minor spoilers so far in this thread, so i think i'll stay out of it until ive finished it :)

Just had to say one thing though. Only a small feature, but very often overlooked in pc games, ALT-TAB actually works brilliantly :eek: fast, smooth and it doesn't crash the game, bravo Bioware!

I know!

I love alt tabbing in and out. I can't believe how well it works :D

Soldato
Has anyone else had to turn up the difficulty setting? I started on normal but found it too easy, so now im set to difficult. Maybe its because I im so used to hardcore nwn servers and haven’t been spoilt by mmo's?

I don’t ever think a battle should be won first time, I like at least a few goes. Also as im doing all the side quests im picking up decent gear and xp to lvl. Enchanting is also very handy.
Its also probably because I use poisons and the like to their full effect, making sure everyone is buffed before battle is a winner. Pausing is also a luxury to be used to full effect.

Anyone who completes this game in under 50 hours or says its too hard needs to go back to basics.

Back
Top Bottom