**The Dragon Age Origins Thread **

Associate
I'm a complete noob at this game... my main character (Warrior) died and I didn't know what the hell to do? I was just playing as the rogue which obviously got hammered by the next pack.

Is there any way to bring him back to life?

Soldato
I'm a complete noob at this game... my main character (Warrior) died and I didn't know what the hell to do? I was just playing as the rogue which obviously got hammered by the next pack.

First things first have you read the manual?

Soldato

If a party member (or your main) dies then they will come back to life after the battle is won by you

if they all die you will need to re load

Associate
Got neither of them first time. The armour didn't appear of the end bosses body. And the game didn't say, "If you leave without completing this quest you won't be able to do it later". Plus all the rewards are only for warriors. What about mages and rogues? I'll be rather ****ed of if I had actually bought it.

Not sure what you've done wrong, but you definitely get some good warrior armour and weaponry. Mages and rogues benefit from this DLC too - I picked up a great tier 7 stave for Morrigan, and once the Keep is conquered you have access to a trader that sells top quality items for all classes, and at a reasonable price.

Soldato
Had a Mage but I just keep having to resort to spamming heal then using a mana restore pot thing, I've tried setting tactics and stuff to try to make sure that only one person is taking damage but it just never works out :/

Associate
If someone dies... they just stand straight back up after the enemies are dead.

I must have encountered a bug of some sort then, because I killed the rest of the pack, I was stood there doing nothing, trying to find out how to get my main character back to life for a good 5 minutes.

Associate
Probably a silly question, but is tier7 the highest?

I think so, it's the highest tier I've come across in game thus far.
That said, a tier is just an approximation of an items potential strength. Some higher-end items within a tier will be better than lower-end items of the next tier up.

Soldato
What are people's party makeup looking like?

Alastair, Morrigan, Wynn and Me (Rogue Ranger, Archery-heavy).

Problem is, I can't see me changing. I need Alastair to tank, and his Templar abilities are great against casters. Wynn as healer is essential, and Morrigan's mage abilities (AoE, CC) is essential also. Due to the fact that you spend most of you time fighting large groups, AoE and CC are a requirement, rather than being useful, which limits you a lot in party makeup.

I sometimes wonder if a PC Mage, Morrigan, Wynn and a Tank (Alastair) would be das uber-party.

I've looked at the other available possibly party members and I can't see how I'd fit any of them into the team without gimping?? So I expect to have the same members when I do my next playthough, for example.

Its like the Dog - as much as I think he's a great "Charachter", he's pretty limited in his abilities compared to other classes. In fact, I'd think he'd be much better off as a weaker "familiar" type that mages used to have in BG2.

Associate
My party consists of me ( shield warrior ), Morrigan, Wynne and Leilanni ( sp? ).
I agree, that with the four member limitation, the game sort of ties you in to certain characters with little prospect of variation. The only way out of this, is to have your own character as a mage - that way you can realistically drop one of Wynne or Morrigan, which gives you a little bit more freedom to use one of the other less frequently used characters ( Shale, Zevran, Dog, Sten etc ... ).

It's one of my few gripes about the game - wish they'd allowed a five man party.

Soldato
Eurgh, just bought this off steam, damn download is going so slow :(.

Do Steam use different servers for different games? Bought a couple other games too and combined they max out my connection, but with them paused DA:O doesn't increase in speed at all :(.

Got work off tomorrow too, at it's current speed of 60-200KB/s i won't even be able to play it tomorrow :(.

Ah well, saw KOTOR on there for 7 quid which should be done soon, so looking forward to that atleast :D.

Soldato
3 Mage 1 Warrior is working so good-damn well, just wish I could have either;

a. a 5th (and 6th!) party member(s) so I can drag a rogue around with me.
b. a 'knock' spell for opening chests.

Associate
No, £4.76 for a few hours compared to $29.99 for 80 hours poor value. The bank you get out of Warden's Keep DLC nice but there's a mod to add it to your camp.

I need to work on my dexterity as my point obviously missed its mark. While I totally agree DLC as a business model needs a good deal of refinement I consider £40 for the full package to be good value. The artwork, the writing - a hell of a lot of time and thought has been put into this game - it's a crime to reduce the whole to a hours per £ metric.

< Other opinions are available. All small print is binding >

Associate
What are people's party makeup looking like?
Alastair, Morrigan, Wynn and Me (Rogue Ranger, Archery-heavy).

Me (two hand warrior), Morrigan, Wynne and Leilanni. I do ok tanking with a two hander, Alastair a crap tank. I agree theres not room for flexibility without gimping yourself. Love to have my dog but he doesn't fit at all.

Back
Top Bottom