1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

**The Dragon Age Origins Thread **

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by bakes0310, 29 Aug 2009.

1. MoNkEyMiKeY

Mobster

Anyone else got starfang sword? Or found the meteorite metal?

2. bushmins

Mobster

I got the meteroite, but not found anyone to forge it yet... but then again ive only been playing for 30 hours and am only 20% through the game.:D

3. Envoy

Gangster

Wynne got in my way in the mage tower so I had to kill her. But thats ok as my main is a human mage fully specced into spirit healing, just find shes short on mana a lot. Wish I took Wynnes gear before I took her out, prob would have been locked to her though I bet.

I run with Sten in the the Dragon Armour as 2 hand DPS and tank, Morrigan as cc and dps, Shale as main tank, and me healing, dpsing and ccing. No rogue for boxes, but when I complete Deep Roads I'm gonna come back in with Leiana and open all the locked boxes.

Love this game. Its tough but great. Wish there was more loot too, seems a bit stingey so far, just beat a couple of bosses and the only loot is for warriors.

4. MoNkEyMiKeY

Mobster

I'm about the same. I got the smith at wardens peak or what ever its called to do it. Its way better the austerians might.

5. platypus

Caporegime

Ladies and Gentlemen!

Death Of The High Dragon!

Sorry for the size, got a bit lazy. And I know its largely naff, but hey ho, I got bored ;).

6. SiD the Turtle

Sgarrista

Scroll past my post if you don't want to see pictures of fighting a mid-game dragon

I was just about to post some screenshots of that, just brought the scaly beast down. At first I thought, this won't end well (yes that's Alistair being bitten in half there):

[​IMG]

But then after many health and mana potions and the lucky fact that the beast was susceptable to cold spells so I could freeze her for a second to give my tank a brief respite:

FATALITY!

[​IMG]

(Click pictures to embigen!)

Last edited: 12 Nov 2009
  7. KPeh

Mobster

I'm not sure if people'll be happy about those spoilers! (There's another thread for those...)

8. SiD the Turtle

Sgarrista

(Post edited accordingly). To be frank, I would have thought the name of the game would have given it away :p

9. _TubbZ_

Gangster

I am really tempted by this since i just started my annual "its time for me to actually finish oblivion thing" and i am into the old fantasy RPGing :D

10. Redman

Wise Guy

I cracked up at the superman reference with the meteorite cutscene :)

11. S7rider

Gangster

I cant seem to access the wardens keep, ive downloaded the content its enabled in the main menu, when i speak to the guy at the camp he says that he will mark the area down on the map, it cuts to a black screen for a few seconds the back to the camp. i cant see the location on the map, am i missing something? cheers

12. [email protected]

Capodecina

i have downloaded my extras ie wolfs charm and rings in game , now where do I get access to them?

13. DampCat

Capodecina

Should be in your Inventory. My rings were.

14. platypus

Caporegime

LabRat - took me a few restarts (of Steam, not just DA:O) before an EA installer popped up and added them.

15. Raumarik

Capodecina

Anyone else get annoyed at long load times? noticed when I turned it down from high to medium textures load times were dramatically reduced. Not as pretty but it's a damn sight more playable when zoning a lot!!

16. platypus

Caporegime

I do get annoying load times but I assumed thats because I'm playing on a laptop.

17. stooeh

Wise Guy

It's called Soldier's Peak; should be at the top of map:

[​IMG]

18. Lysander

Capodecina

The thing that's getting me so far is that after I cast spells I have to wait a few seconds before doing another one. And then after I've done a certain amount in a large battle I'm not 'allowed' to do any more.

Real pain in the arse.

Also, even with all the settings on low the play in the larger areas isn't as smooth as I'd like it to be [4870, 5GB RAM]. Still, the Witcher had this problem too - really badly on Act III. I'm putting it down to coding rather than my inferior hardware.

19. Bumhug

Hitman

I had the exact same thing happen to me, would talk to him accept the quest and he would still be standing there with a ! above his head. My hard drive failed and I lost the save game so had to start again, when I got to speak to him the next time round he vanished once I had accepted the quest and the location was on the map

20. Robbo

Capo Crimine

Question: How do you get the wider quickbar? :p