The effects of drinking too much at dinner parties..!!

Soldato
And if you ever stay the night at her folks remember to get wasted then do a Spud from trainspotting :p

it could only get better from there

Soldato
OP
Well I took flowers, smiled (hmm maybe not) and it wasn't pretty.... She is well angry. I've offered to take her out, say sorry, cook Sunday dinner for the whole family and she wasn't impressed...

Why? As apparently I said somethings whilst drunk that she felt shouldn't have been said??? I've not been dumped, just think I'll give her some time on her own and let her chill and cool off...

I personally think its because she's embarrassed about me not turning up for Sunday lunch. I know her, she's very proud and doesn't like to be made to look like a fool, even though she has in the past done just that. She would've told everyone in her family about us... Cut it short, I've let her down just at the right moment.. Well wrong moment.. I know her mum, as we've already met, but there were a few that I'd not met yet...

And, the fact she spent, yes I got this tonight.... Spent nearly £150 in hair, nails and clothing etc to look nice for my 'friends' as she called them so I would be proud, and apparently, I called her ass big whilst drunk?? To which no one found funny, but honestly. I didn't remember saying any such thing..!!

And to top it off, I never said how nice she looked..

So its no nice comments when she walked through the door... Oops I forgot. I got drunk, called her ass big whilst drunk, woke up with a hangover and missed her family gathering to which I was to be introduced to more of her family...

Ooops.. Yeah I can see why she is a tad unhappy TBH.

Oh yes... We'll be fine.. I still got a love you, when I left with a hug but she just wants to lick her wounds... I'll make it up to her..

Last edited:
Caporegime
So its no nice comments when she walked through the door... Oops I forgot. I got drunk, called her ass big whilst drunk, woke up with a hangover and missed her family gathering to which I was to be introduced to more of her family...

Ooops.. Yeah I can see why she is a tad unhappy TBH.

Oh yes... We'll be fine.. I still got a love you, when I left with a hug but she just wants to lick her wounds... I'll make it up to her..

They're quite substantial wounds, to be fair. You acted like a colossal fool and you deserve what you're getting.

/sympathy

Soldato
drinking beer (from a can) at a dinner party, at the age of 35 = epic fail I'm afraid.
What happened to post-dinner chat? Blokes in one room putting the world to rights, women in the other talking about hair and nails etc.

Maybe I'm just a relic of the distant past.
Yeah, when I first saw 'dinner party', I thought you meant some kind of smart 'get-all-dressed-up-and-smart' things, but turns out it sounds more like a drunken night in with the lads - probably explains why your gf is upset (assuming she was expecting something more civilised), especially if you said something nasty while drunk :p

OP, i'll give you a fiver if you text your gf saying "sorry, it's all my fault, i accidently the Sunday Dinner".
make it a tenner :D

Soldato
OP
You know, if you really want to come across as an insensitive moron to someone, tell them this story.

Hmmm been called something along those lines already tonight... She does know it was just me trying to be funny whilst drunk but nah. Its not funny.

And it was a proper dinner party but it kinda turned in a bit of a heavy drinking session..

In all honesty, I'm not worried about being dumped, well not know, I'm more worried about how much this will cost me, as trust me.. She'll milk it once she's over it..... Already had a text from her brother saying 'drinks on me next time' his wicked sense of humor coming through... Git.!!

Soldato
OP
[FnG]magnolia;15081062 said:
So, in summary, you're in the doghouse because you said she had a fat arse?

You know, yeah. Doesn't help really that she's pretty sensitive about this, we had a whole year of her trying to loose weight, so ern wasn't the best... But that's being drunk..

If I'd said that whilst sober, we'd be over.

Soldato
You know, yeah. Doesn't help really that she's pretty sensitive about this, we had a whole year of her trying to loose weight, so ern wasn't the best... But that's being drunk..

If I'd said that whilst sober, we'd be over.

So, she does have a bit of a chubby behind but you usually lie to her?

Soldato
OP
You're a poet and you don't even know it brap brap innit.
[/lolwut?]

Actually its part of a poem I'm writing to her now to say sorry... I tend to send her poems in text messages from time to time, to either cheer her up, or say sorry for doing something etc....

She likes a poem, not going to post it here.... Its for her only...!! I'll send it tomorrow if I can think of something else to add.... Writing it now, poems and creativity can make some girls hearts melt..!! *ahem* :p

Soldato
OP
Oh and I am taking this all very seriously. She is hurt, and I'll do all I can to make it up to her....

So I'm not messing about and joking around with her feelings, shes not looking to be a control freak, but I did something wrong, even though I don't do it all the time.... But she is hurt so I'd make her feel a little more special, give her time and a lovely poem txt, and leave her to get over it.....

Associate
what a pickle you are in, insulting her when she is deprived of compliments, missing a family meal, drinking too much. You have done well my friend.

She made all the effort and didnt even get her pasty smashed like an army of ninjas snuck into a bakery which she obviously wanted, you now have a bakery full of fail on your hands.

The only way out of this is via your wallet, take her away for a long weekend which involves shopping. stop saying sorry as it only dilutes it, say it once and then make up by doing nice things, perhaps also apologise directly to the family, this will show you are a good willed man who isnt hiding.

Associate
Quite the entertaining read. Reminds me a little of "Things me and my girlfriend argue about".

Smooth it over, get back in her good books, and then do something else to **** her off - post the results :D

Soldato
You don't remember most of the night....remember? :p

Not worth saying,same goes for blaming the drink.

I had some mean making up to do tonight after blowing a weeks wages in two nights and being an absolute **** to her on saturday. Tonight was my last chance....and I had nothing to say and was verging on behaving like I did on saturday...she was going to leave. Had to man up(or down) and be all emotional!

Well done on making enjoying yourself though! Hope you know what you could have lost etc etc etc

Back
Top Bottom