The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Remastered - MODS & TWEAKS

Caporegime
OP
Ouch just tried the reshade mod and my frame rates tanked and my GPU temps shot up to 85C :o, never done that before... So I'm avoiding that one

Caporegime
OP
Yeah i was losing a fair bit of fps with Reshade, didn't check my temps though.

Fixed it :)

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/1089/?

+Reshade +Vanilla Lighting or True Storm Users (Install 2nd) +Quality Version (Good Image)

It seems as if the extra effects in the ultimate edition is not only clashing with the DOF ( blurred menus ) but the filters are causing havoc with the frame rates in the new Skyrim SE. Thankfully only 4FPS loss with the Quality Version and no over temp issues :cool:

Caporegime
OP
It may also be recommended to adjust the SweetFX.CFG

////-------//
///**DPX**///
//-------////

#define RedC 0.42 //[0.20:0.60] //-

//>TECHNICOLOR 2 settings<\\

#define Technicolor2_Red_Strength 0.47 //[0.05:1.0] //-Color Strength of Red channel. Higher means darker and more intense colors.

Associate
Guys please stop posting some amazing looking mods (Neil79, JTrickle) I am trying to play through the game properly for the first time and have already restarted twice to install mods :)

Associate
Wow, the emphasis on modding here is borderline absurd! Has anyone thought about discussing the game's content? It seems most people spend their time tweaking the game instead of actually playing it! A sad state of affairs indeed.

For the record, I strictly play vanilla. My reasoning is that I don't relish the idea of playing Skyrim as envisioned by a collective of fans.

Caporegime
OP
Wow, the emphasis on modding here is borderline absurd! Has anyone thought about discussing the game's content? It seems most people spend their time tweaking the game instead of actually playing it! A sad state of affairs indeed.

For the record, I strictly play vanilla. My reasoning is that I don't relish the idea of playing Skyrim as envisioned by a collective of fans.

As Skyrim itself is years old, there isn't much worth in discussing the games content in this thread, better the original thread for that. However what these mods do is enhance the game beyond vanilla, while having the performance and memory improvements of Skyrim Special Edition. Which was severely lacking in the 32bit version of Skyrim.

PS there are mods here that are recommended even if you haven't installed Skyrim before, such as realistic NPC AI, realistic Animals and Predators, character texture overhauls. Combat changes not so much

Associate
Fixed it :)

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/1089/?

+Reshade +Vanilla Lighting or True Storm Users (Install 2nd) +Quality Version (Good Image)

It seems as if the extra effects in the ultimate edition is not only clashing with the DOF ( blurred menus ) but the filters are causing havoc with the frame rates in the new Skyrim SE. Thankfully only 4FPS loss with the Quality Version and no over temp issues :cool:

I noticed the same.. great reshade but FPS was getting battered.. will try the quality one later

Associate
As Skyrim itself is years old, there isn't much worth in discussing the games content in this thread, better the original thread for that. However what these mods do is enhance the game beyond vanilla, while having the performance and memory improvements of Skyrim Special Edition. Which was severely lacking in the 32bit version of Skyrim.

PS there are mods here that are recommended even if you haven't installed Skyrim before, such as realistic NPC AI, realistic Animals and Predators, character texture overhauls. Combat changes not so much

I've just realised this is actually the mods and tweaks thread, and not the regular Skyrim thread! Clearly I misread the title! :p

Soldato

This made me LOL. :D

Caporegime
OP
nmaxc3.png

rXCjy70.jpg

9IhTW7m.jpg

ios3Wog.jpg

QUqsfaM.jpg

Associate
Having said that, my outburst was misplaced! Wrong thread, sorry!

I think some mods can be overpowering to the original vision but most work really well with (if not outright fix) the vanilla version. I've played over 250 hours of this bad boy. Mods keep it fresh and keep me coming back.

But I admire you sticking with the original. Nothing wrong with that at all. As long as you enjoy it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom