The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Remastered - MODS & TWEAKS

Soldato
Wow, the emphasis on modding here is borderline absurd! Has anyone thought about discussing the game's content? It seems most people spend their time tweaking the game instead of actually playing it! A sad state of affairs indeed.

For the record, I strictly play vanilla. My reasoning is that I don't relish the idea of playing Skyrim as envisioned by a collective of fans.

fSZWD.gif

Why even discuss in this thread then? Mods for me are great. I certainly couldn't enjoy the game without some of them. Some really do add to the immersion of the game.

Associate
You at least like, use the unofficial patch right?

No, seeing as I haven't experienced any major headaches in 400 hours of gameplay

Why even discuss in this thread then? Mods for me are great. I certainly couldn't enjoy the game without some of them. Some really do add to the immersion of the game.

Evidently you missed what I tried to convey earlier. I mistook this for the regular Skyrim thread. :rolleyes:

Associate
All I can say is mods aren't the be-all and end-all! :p

They are not.... and I can state that ENB ruined playing Skyrim for me, as it turned the game into a pursuit of visual perfection and screenshots, rather than game-play, and the more complex ENB became the more time it consumed. I have 500 hours logged on Skyrim, but only a tiny fraction of that was following the story or side quests :o

I've now bought the S-SE on my PS4 to play the bloody game without the temptaion of ENB... I've still added a few mods though :D

Soldato
No, seeing as I haven't experienced any major headaches in 400 hours of gameplay

Yeah it's not overly broken but it just fixes a lot of grammar mistakes in books/quests and lessens or removes the odds of quests breaking. I remember on 360 playing the base edition after it's final patch but before Dragonborn and a 90 hour save became worthless when Ulfric's mate at the peace meeting in High Hrothgar broke and wouldn't sit down, which caused the meeting to never happen. Even went back to the earliest save and battling my way back to that quest and the same thing happened.

It also adds in a couple of quests that don't trigger properly afaik, mostly 'misc' quests without their own full journal entry.

There's really no downside to the USSEP.

Last edited:
Associate
Just got a 945MB patch which I assume is the uncompressed audio. However, I'm now getting frequent crashes to the desktop. So beware, just in case you get the same problem.

Soldato
They are not.... and I can state that ENB ruined playing Skyrim for me, as it turned the game into a pursuit of visual perfection and screenshots, rather than game-play, and the more complex ENB became the more time it consumed. I have 500 hours logged on Skyrim, but only a tiny fraction of that was following the story or side quests :o

I've now bought the S-SE on my PS4 to play the bloody game without the temptaion of ENB... I've still added a few mods though :D

I used to be a little bit like that :D

I got annoyed with perfecting the game and resorted to just sticking a few basic mods that I liked and enjoying the game from then on. Don't use ENB's anymore

Mainly immersion, combat, audio mods for me now.

The only other mods I use nowadays are either bug fixes, ultra wide fixes and a couple of lighting, texture mods. Nothing too crazy.

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm getting triggered by these screenshots. People have lower model cards and are running the game at a higher resolution with higher FPS AND bloody graphic mods while I'm running vanilla SE graphics and tanking into the 40s in some places at 1080p!? :mad:

With top notch graphics mods and 1440p+ I'd be lucky to hit 30fps anywhere judging by my current performance! Unless it's just a resolution bottleneck, IDK.

Caporegime
OP
I'm getting triggered by these screenshots. People have lower model cards and are running the game at a higher resolution with higher FPS AND bloody graphic mods while I'm running vanilla SE graphics and tanking into the 40s in some places at 1080p!? :mad:

It's a bit of a beast my 980 GTX :p See those clocks :D

Btw, in what you said, something is wrong... Try deleting the ini files, repairing the files using Steam and then use my ini tweaks :p

Hmmm my CPU is an i7 running at 4.7 GHZ

Associate

Evidently you missed what I tried to convey earlier. I mistook this for the regular Skyrim thread. :rolleyes:

400 hours of game play and you don't use mods? :eek:

Personally, I agree to the part where you should play through the game as is, how the developer intended on your first play through. But once you have completed it, mods add a whole new dimension. Not just aesthetics, but new quest/zones which can add even more to the game.

Soldato
It's a bit of a beast my 980 GTX :p See those clocks :D

Btw, in what you said, something is wrong... Try deleting the ini files, repairing the files using Steam and then use my ini tweaks :p

Hmmm my CPU is an i7 running at 4.7 GHZ

Yeah I've done it all, used vanilla ini files and modified ones, it's still the same story.

True your CPU is a lot better but I always thought Skyrim was a GPU heavy game and the 3570k is confirmed to not bottleneck a 1070.

Still, 60fps @ 1080p from a 5 year old game with a paint job isn't much to ask. :(

Caporegime
OP
Well I noticed a huge difference from a stock clocked I7 to my clocks now, true GPU plays a major part in this game, but so does the CPU, at least in my testing. Even more so in this Special Edition

Back
Top Bottom