• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The end of my 2500k :(

Associate
So I've had my 2500k for about 6 years and it' been great. A few months ago I was lacking a bit of umph so I went to a 4.8 overclock. Fully stress tested it and no bsod issues. The Last week or so I have been getting random bsods. I rempved the overclock bacl to default but it continued. Had one when I was clutching a win in pubg. Not ideal. And today is when it all went down the pan. I was demoing some rift games to the fam and just kept getting bsod aftr bsod which eventually resulted in a bsod loop. I'e managed to get it to boot by keeping the clock speed at the base speed but giving it a bit more voltage. But it still bsods after about a hour of prime95. I'v run the ram test and that came back fine. I guess it' time to upgrade. Hope there is a tempting boxing day sale for me !! 8700k yes please :)

Caporegime
pick up a 8700k move into the future.will last you just as long and youll be glad you done it.also wonder why you waited so long ;)

Caporegime
I can't see DDR4 pricing dropping until 2019 when the factory being built comes on stream. There's a lot of demand for memory and it' s in manufacturers interests to keep pricing high.

Soldato
I can't see DDR4 pricing dropping until 2019 when the factory being built comes on stream. There's a lot of demand for memory and it' s in manufacturers interests to keep pricing high.
They can keep prices high sure but at some point it will stop others from upgrading, if they keep the prices to high then people won't be upgrading to newer platforms because of the prices being too high.

Caporegime
They can keep prices high sure but at some point it will stop others from upgrading, if they keep the prices to high then people won't be upgrading to newer platforms because of the prices being too high.
True, but demand from businesses and mobiles will mean plants will be retooled to flash memory than DDR4.

Soldato

PC enthusiasts represent a rather small part of the total demand for ddr4 which is being driven a lot by mobile phone sales. So a drop in consumer computer upgrades due to high memory prices is unlikely, on its own, to have much of an effect on global pricing for DDR4

Back
Top Bottom