The England Cricket Thread

Soldato
His face when he got the 5for was one of almost disbelief that someone caught it. Then proper sarcastic smile when they didn't restart due to bad light.

Soldato
I did grimmace at those drops, but the light and with them standing in more closely makes sense. Buttler's dolly this morning was awful though, ball wobbling or not.

Foakes got his hundred today, not bad for a bloke who hasn't played a FC game in 11 months. I am biased as a Surrey member, but I still regard him as the better keeper who can also bat quite handily.

Man of Honour
I've gotta say I'm surprised it's taken this long to get the early starts introduced, if you are playing a match with no fans and everyone involved (players, officials, broadcasters etc) are literally staying at the ground, waiting until 11am to get things going seems terribly antiquated. Arguably 10:30 is a bit conservative but regardless I hope they retain this rule for future tests, it forever irks me how many missed opportunities there are in test matches to make up time.

Caporegime
Mark Wood is hitting 95mph. What's this man capable of (in addition to rapid boundaries to third man)? His slowest ball has been 89.7mph.

Get him in the test team.

Edit: Archer cranking it up too. 94mph first ball of 2nd over. Slapped to square leg for 4.

Associate
Mark Wood is hitting 95mph. What's this man capable of (in addition to rapid boundaries to third man)? His slowest ball has been 89.7mph.

Get him in the test team.

Edit: Archer cranking it up too. 94mph first ball of 2nd over. Slapped to square leg for 4.

Both getting smashed about. Just bowling quick isn't enough.

Associate
The Aussies running has been very impressive helped by some very deep fielders. Utterly outclassing England here. You would never have guessed that it was Australia that haven't played an international match in ~7 months.

Back
Top Bottom