The England Cricket Thread

Soldato
Great stuff from Curran after getting nailed for 6 first ball of the over.
Thought he was incredibly lucky, Stoinis missed out on two length balls and a full toss, he should've been taking at least two boundaries from those three balls. Excellent last delivery, but he was lucky Stoinis wasn't at it otherwise

Caporegime
Thought he was incredibly lucky, Stoinis missed out on two length balls and a full toss, he should've been taking at least two boundaries from those three balls. Excellent last delivery, but he was lucky Stoinis wasn't at it otherwise

It's just pure pressure, he was swinging all over the place.

Associate
A very interesting final over tactic of bowling length. On another day perhaps Curran would have been carted round the park but as easy as it is to say Stoinis bottled it, the ball was nipping about so perhaps it was the right decision?

What I will say is that this is yet another example of why Langer is nothing more than a fraud and an Australian version of David Brent. Talks a very big game about "elite mateship" and having big characters in the dressing room and all this jazz but yet again when the going gets tough, the Aussies fall apart. If it wasn't for the fact he has arguably the greatest Test match batsman since Bradman in his squad, his results would be appalling.

Caporegime
Missed the start of the Australian innings for the Monza GP. Sounds like Archer and Wood's opening spell will be one to check out on the highlights.

On another note, what are the rules around massive gold distracting necklaces for bowlers? Seems a bit unfair / distracting. Clearly it's allowed but I'm a little surprised.

Soldato
The way we've won these two games makes me more disappointed there won't be a World Cup this year, we have a barrage of riches in terms of a team that can compete and we seem to have a really good momentum right now. Not sure many teams would be able to get much out of the Powerplay with Jofra and Wood at full pelt like they were today, although the latter's final over was a bit naff; think death overs are more suited to Curran/Jordan

Back
Top Bottom