The England Cricket Thread

Soldato
Awful awful start, no confidence against even the mildest of spin. Can see this being over before the end of the day.

Without a doubt, India aren't even likely to need their second innings.

Root seriously needs to look at some squad changes and start benching a few players who's performance has been absolutely dire.

Soldato
There's a voice that keeps on calling me.
Weve not been able to play spin for aslong as I remember. The most annoyoing thing is the poor decision making, not many of the teams are prepared to hunker down and stay at the crease, the captain doesnt seem to offer much when the chips are down. The Ashes will be horrific to watch at this rate. Lets hope we can get our own back on India this summer.

Soldato
And England breaking down completely out on the wicket. Absolutely cruising to needlessly giving wickets away again and again. That should have been an easy win.

Soldato
English summer starts tomorrow, wonderful time of the year. Waiting to hear from Edgbaston if my tickets are still good for Day 3 next week, been strange to believe I've not been to an England game since that final Ashes test in 2019.

Soldato
Once again the Great British press shows goes out of it's way to try and undermine one of the countries sports teams by publishing a story about one of the players posting offensive tweets 10 years ago when they were a kid!

Soldato
Once again the Great British press shows goes out of it's way to try and undermine one of the countries sports teams by publishing a story about one of the players posting offensive tweets 10 years ago when they were a kid!

Wasnt he 18? The tweets were vile. Thats all on him im afraid.

Associate
Wasnt he 18? The tweets were vile. Thats all on him im afraid.

I really don't understand why you have to be a paragon of virtue to be a successful sportsman. If people of uncertain morality weren't ever allowed in sport, we'd have never had James Hunt, Mike Tyson, Babe Ruth or half the modern footballers.

Let them speak with action on the field, and let them be humans off it.

Back
Top Bottom