The English.

Soldato
JRS said:
The question:

My answer:

If they aren't out by the next General Election, they will be soon after. I doubt Labour have got anything left in them to win another term in office, unless the Conservatives manage to self-destruct again....which is always a possibility.

Options for getting out before the GE - as soon as there's even the slightest chance that the country will remain stable for the 39.06 seconds required to drop everything and beat a hast retreat, they'll take it.

Wait, 16years of labour? That's not possible.

ojo

ojo

Permabanned
Gavstar said:
This is how I see it.

No matter the validity of the initial invasion, it would certainly be better to actually see the job through and try and install some stability into the country rather than just scarper surely? I think that it is naive to think otherwise.

Hmm but surely the intervention to install stability after the initial strike brought civil instability between Shi'a and Sunni...

Soldato
SoSolid said:
When will the english leave Iraq and stop the war that has caused so much death? Thoughts / opinions on the matter.

I think that you don't know enough to have an informed opinion, given you can't seem to grasp what country is there in the first place.

When we will leave ?

When we have oil production back on track and with the contracts signed. I sure didn't support the war for the welfare of Iraqis.

Jet

Jet

Soldato
Oil extraction has decreased since the invasion in 2003. So in 3 years there hasn't been a priority to 'thieve' the oil.

Not to mention if it wasn't for the oil demand in the first place, the country would have been devastated a long long time ago.

Last edited:
Soldato
Tru said:
There is already a civil war in Iraq, they are fighting with each other, not us. It wont stop if the English (sic) go home.
At the moment it's not Iraqi's fighting, it's people coming over the border to fight (mostly).

fini

Associate
OP
Gavstar said:
This is how I see it.

No matter the validity of the initial invasion, it would certainly be better to actually see the job through and try and install some stability into the country rather than just scarper surely? I think that it is naive to think otherwise.
Yup I do agree with this point, I guess we have passed the point of no return.

Zip

Zip

Soldato
ojo said:
Really, mostly? How do you figure that? Are they coming over to fight amongst themselves?

No but there are coming over to stir up **** with the locals and any other people there.
Like things such as blowing up mosques and other things the people hold sacred.
Also the come over and try take out as many of the allied forces as they can so they can get 50 virgins in heaven

ojo

ojo

Permabanned
Zip said:
No but there are coming over to stir up **** with the locals and any other people there.
Like things such as blowing up mosques and other things the people hold sacred.
Also the come over and try take out as many of the allied forces as they can so they can get 50 virgins in heaven

I am sure that the figures of foreign insurgents were inflated. The Sunni object to the Shi'a having so much power in government and the Shi'a are, to some degree, taking advantage of the situation. Tit for tat killings, kidnappings and attacks are taking place.

Of course, it is far more complicated than that but, hey, it is GD not SC :p

Zip

Zip

Soldato
Beansprout said:
Neat....I haven't seen a proper troll for a long time :)

mvc14206e6bi.jpg
:p

Soldato
The English (British) will leave when our government develops a spine and the capability for independant thought, or America tells us to. Whichever comes first........ So that'll be when the yanks tell us.

I think we should pull out of Iraq and invade Zimbabwe. If we're going to completely foul something up lets do it for the right reasons.

Permabanned
SoSolid said:
When will the english leave Iraq and stop the war that has caused so much death?
You think the english leaving will help anyone? We went over there to improve the country, not begin a job and not finish it leaving them worse off than when we went in. Its a full on regime change, its not guna happen over night, give it time, it is a war after all.

Zip

Zip

Soldato
All these people complaining about how the war has been going on for too long and should have been finnished by now :rolleyes:

May i remind you that you were the ones that once had a 100 years war :p

Back
Top Bottom