The etiquette of the election all-nighter

Soldato
So, I'm planning on staying up on June 8th unless too many counts take place on the 9th. But this time around, I'm in a block of flats. The TV room isn't underneath a bedroom, which is a good start, but I do still have neighbours. So, how can I enjoy the night and still be considerate of my neighbours?

Caporegime
Have the TV on at a reasonable volume like a normal person? Seems to work in every other flat I've lived in.

this would be the common sense solution

for some reason though people on here seem to lack common sense and instead ask GD for advice re: rather mundane and basic decisions

Soldato
Are you hard of hearing? How high do you have the volume when watching politics programmes, ffs?!

Problem is you have to have it turned up to hear the dialogue properly then you get caught out by an unexpected explosion, you could turn the sub off but you don't get the same feeling of suspense and tension without it.

Soldato
Watched the preliminary results late Thursday evening, 23 June. Turned off television.
Turned on television early hours of Friday, 24 June. Turned off television.

Conclusion; never turn on the television EVER and reside in a reality of complete and utter ignorance and ultimately bliss. Ahhhhhhh.

Soldato
There will be many unexpected explosions during the election results.

Are you having a few friends round? This could be a bigger noise issue than the tellybox.

flat_party.jpg

Back
Top Bottom