The Expendables

Soldato
Shipinabottle, we get it, YOU don't think its a good action film. Theres no point with constant back and forth arguments because it is just different peoples opinions at the end of the day. There is no right or wrong answer.

Sorry, i was under the impression these boards were for discussing topics of interest, clearly Ive misunderstood the intentions of any forum...

Soldato
Sorry, i was under the impression these boards were for discussing topics of interest, clearly Ive misunderstood the intentions of any forum...

No, but when you go off insulting somebody because you disagree with their opinion on a film, people get bored of talking to you.

Man of Honour
I think it is an amazing film. It is an action film so will lack being realistic or an indepth story line.
But it is brilliant non the less, because it is action and exciting.

And some quality cheese, he wants to be the president got the entire cinema laughing as well as other cheese points.
And that shotgun cannon, omg awesomeness.
It was back to classic action movie territory.

Last edited:
Soldato
Can't see how anyone would give this film anywhere near 10/10!

Average action film at best imo. Shotgun scene rescued it for me.

Soldato
Thought this was really crap, it really did very very little to keep me engaged. I walked out just before it finished and went to watch Salt instead, which although is just a Bourne vehicle for Angelina, at least held my interest until the end.

Went in with high hopes, but this film is just fail, sorry. Watch Universal Soldier: Regeneration if you want to see cheesy 80's action flicks resurrected properly.

Soldato
Ha I watched the new universal soldier last night, was quite surprised although did you get that some of the actors didn't really need to be in the film?

Still, wasn't as good as expendables in my eyes lol plus the first one came out in 92 :D

Soldato
*** Spoiler! ***

At the end when they basically blew everything up and then told the girl that the Island was hers, did anyone anyone else laugh at the thought that there probably wasn't anything left of the Island? I was half expecting the Team America theme tune to play the film out.

Associate
Dropkick to the chin in the hallway scene made the film for me, apart of that it fell short of expectations, though the first half hour was impressive. Just saw it and the cinema was deserted so obviously word of mouth hasn't done it any favors.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

**SPOILER**

Only thing that I was gutted about, was that Terry Crew never used that bullet he hyped up :(

It looked like it would have sunk the whole island!

Soldato
**SPOILER**

Only thing that I was gutted about, was that Terry Crew never used that bullet he hyped up :(

It looked like it would have sunk the whole island!

i thought that was what he was using?

the idea being it was a tiny tiny nuke that whatever it hit exploded. hence why everything he shot exploded?

obviously it can't be using normal shotgun shells at 280rounds per minute. impossible to throw them out, so it must have been the mini nukes which gave it a similar(more explosive) impact to shotguns, hence it being an Auto Shotgun?

Soldato
thought it was pretty good, and exactly what i expected it to be. was nice seeing so many old familiar faces in the movie...and not just jet li, ss etc - im talking charisma carpenter, David Zayas.

yes the story was lacking but moved the movie along nicely. i thought the action sequences were good if a little dark. the church scene that a lot of people were saying was rubbish or a let down i thought was actually funny and im glad to see arnie and bruce at least briefly in the film.

best bit: the plane machine gun into oil fire lol.....oh and of course the shotgun.

overal im glad i watched it, mrs liked it too (and shes a typical girl), would have been a great film if it was fleshed out some more...but would love to see a sequel.

Soldato
I love action movies but as shipinabottle says that still means good action sequences and camera work.

Sorry to say, because I really wish it wasn't the case, but this is nothing special at all. It was an average old school action film at best.

I recently watched "Universal Soldier:Regeneration" and as cheesy and straight to DVD as it was the camera work and generally cinematography was leagues ahead of this and it has some kind of plot.

VanDamme1 Stallone 0.

Man of Honour
Superb. Loved it.

It took it as the slightly tongue in cheek action movie it was meant to be and wasn't disappointed.

Mickey Rourke is still as cool as a snowman's nuts.

As for Steve Austin, I wasn't expecting any oscar winning performance from him as he could not act to save his own life.

Soldato
people watched this for good action, instead we got **** choreography, bad camera work and rubbish action sequences...

Wow, you really don't like this movie do you? Thats 3 times you've said you don't like it I think, hoping someone will change their mind because of you. If you don't like the movie the answer is simple, don't watch it and don't post in here :rolleyes:

Soldato
Wow, you really don't like this movie do you? Thats 3 times you've said you don't like it I think, hoping someone will change their mind because of you. If you don't like the movie the answer is simple, don't watch it and don't post in here :rolleyes:

its not i didn't like it, i just think it was mediocre, and i have every right it discuss this on a discussion board.

whats with the lack of debate available on a forum board. opposite opinions not allowed to voice them?

some people tend to agree with me, this film was awful in so many aspects considering the array of talent at hand.

This was not a good Action movie, because the action was not good... that's the point here. Your being disrespectful to the great action movies if you put this on the same level and say this is 'great', 'Amazing!' or 'Immense!'

Soldato
Where not saying you can't voice your opinion, its just a bit dull when you repeat it over and over almost like your looking for people to agree with you to give you some validation.

Whats wrong with saying you did'nt like it once and then leaving it at that rather than jumping on the limited negative comments that come into this thread?

Back
Top Bottom