The Expendables

Associate
6.5/10 but only because of the Terry Crews shotty scene, that was brilliant.

The church scene with Arnie, Sly and Bruce was embarrassingly poor.

Soldato
i thought it was alrite.

8/10 for me, thats only because of the amount of legends it had in it, some of my favorite actors all in one, but i think the film could have been allot longer, and it did take some of the glory away from some of the big actors, they did not have enough screen time.

Last edited:
Soldato
It was crap, really crap and I'm an action whore.

Waste of time tbh with the only fun bit being the shotgun scene.

SHould have seen toy story 3 again instead.

Soldato
2/10 would have been 0/10 but for Terry Crews and his shotgun, it was the only bit I enjoyed.

Awful writing, multicam switching fight scenes because they are so old now.

The only other bit I enjoyed was watching Sylvester Stallone trying to run!

Soldato
I really dont get all the hate, I think some of you were expecting War and Peace or something. It was a throwback 1980's action film, similar to Rambo 4, I really enjoyed it.

Soldato
One of the worst films I've ever watched, and that's saying something, I've seen The Human Centipede and Tommy Wiseau's The Room.

Exactly it was always going to be rambo/commando like with plenty of cheese and it delivered.

See this annoys me. People often forget that the first Rambo film, First Blood, was actually a very good film in it's own right, with none of the terrible cliches that the rest of the franchise films cached in on.

Caporegime
One of the worst films I've ever watched, and that's saying something, I've seen The Human Centipede and Tommy Wiseau's The Room.

See this annoys me. People often forget that the first Rambo film, First Blood, was actually a very good film in it's own right, with none of the terrible cliches that the rest of the franchise films cached in on.

I'm not sure what people are talking about, there were some great action films in the 80's and 90's, that had GOOD ACTION IN IT. EVerything in the room doesn't have to explode to be good action, infact I always class that as bad action in general, a good believable fight, between people acting as trained killers. Total Recall had plenty of action, its cheesy and dodgey as hell but its still fun, just throwing in the same people and putting in truly dreadful over the top impossible action that literally makes no sense. I could barely get past the first fight scene it was so painfully poor. bunch of guys, high ground, night vision, no one knows they are there, opens up a stupid dialogue, gets into stupid fight, more awful dialogue, give up every advantage, etc, etc, etc. All of it was ridiculous start to finish. Guns out, huge advantage, shoot them, its over, then add in a daft line.

Infact an old great action film would have watched a sneaky approach with some cool gadgets to get past the security and get in place then just shoot them all and it would have been a decent scene. Instead this just ignores everything, they are just there, and they utterly screw up the fight.

Utter utter rubbish, there were truly dreadful action films back in the 80's and 90's, and this is a throw back to them. Die Hard was fantastic, as were several of the Arnie and Sly films, this, was utter utter turd.

Associate
Watched this the other day.

Wasn't expecting much but still came away feeling mildly disappointed. Best to just turn off your brain and watch the explosions, don't bother trying to understand what Sylvester Stallone is mumbling either.

Caporegime
Both me and the other half really loved this. I had a big grin on my face coming out of the cinema.

Quality film to just turn off the braina nd enjoy the on screen action.

Don
Saw this over Christmas, after all the grief it had on here I wasn't expecting much

When it finished, I felt as if I'd just watched the sequel to Commando -in a good way :p

Statham didn't ruin it like his usual rubbish American roles he has.

The 'just got a text' scene was the only cringe for me. The arnie scene was nice touch too :D

Back
Top Bottom