The Fashion Thread... personal tastes, musings, and recommendations

Permabanned
KD, I approve :)

I've realised this thread is rather interesting. Male fashion is something that's just passed me by for a number of years except for what I see the great unwashed masses in when I'm out and about.

Overall, you guys have good taste, folk would do well to emulate your choices.

May I suggest a fashion meet for the regular contributors :p

Soldato
I briefly considered a flat cap to honour my northern birthness, but I just don't really suit headgear for some reason.

I'm thinking jeans with the tweed, but can you get away with dark trainers?

Lucy, I'm wearing pyjamas right now. Striped.

Soldato
Yeah, the flatcap conveniently suits me :)

Jeans + White t-shirt is the normal, easy, lazy casual choice.

I definitely need to sort out warm upper wear though... Hoodies are not suitable unless I'm lazy and at uni. But at the moment, they seem like the only option around :S

I'm thinking I'll have to go for Leather Jacket, but not too sure. Would rock the Blazer, but it doesn't really suit cycling, and is more of an evening wear choice, alongside a shirt. So am instead looking for something commuter suitable, but still reasonably fashionable.

What do people think?

Also, Lucy, it's not the most common for the forum members, hence this is only 12 pages :p

kd

Associate
Not really. Fashion just means popular, which Canada Goose is. It's also a high quality coat that will last for a very long time. Fashion can be functional too, and it's not really for you to define the boundaries of this thread as that which you define as fashion.

Well don't get butt hurt when people don't like the stuff you like ;)

Soldato
I'm thinking I'll have to go for Leather Jacket, but not too sure. Would rock the Blazer, but it doesn't really suit cycling, and is more of an evening wear choice, alongside a shirt. So am instead looking for something commuter suitable, but still reasonably fashionable.

I always think that leather jackets can be one of the hardest items of clothing to get right. It has to really suit your shape and style or you just look like a twit.

Soldato
Have you guys put your hand bags away yet or are you still fighting about a jacket?

I'm going to quote myself because it got last in all the fuss :p

Can someone spec me a denim shirt that would go with black worn jeans and a pair of old Doc Marten boots pleeease. I have never worn denim other than jeans so don't really know where to start. I saw a picture in Shortlist magazine of someone wearing a denim shirt, dark jeans & boots (the shirt may have even been open with a t-shirt underneath) and thought it looked great so I thought I may take the plunge and move away from just t-shirts all the time! Unfortunately I can't find the magazine or the article on a web for it & I can't remember what the shirt was like.

Not the article I mentioned but I have found this article on denim shirts http://www.shortlist.com/style/top-denim-shirts

Soldato
Yeah I found that out when I tried the All Saints one and it really did not suit me. The M&S suede one was much nicer and I went for it in the end. I will post up a pic of me wearing it soon.

Soldato
I always think that leather jackets can be one of the hardest items of clothing to get right. It has to really suit your shape and style or you just look like a twit.

Yeah, I have one that's a bit Christopher Eccleston Dr who, that's just too long. I think I need something a bit shorter. Think I need something a bit more Zac Efron 17 again really...

It's a right pain to find the right jacket though :(

kd

Caporegime
Have you guys put your hand bags away yet or are you still fighting about a jacket?

I'm going to quote myself because it got last in all the fuss :p

Not the article I mentioned but I have found this article on denim shirts http://www.shortlist.com/style/top-denim-shirts

Double denim generally is seen a bad fashion no no, if you are going to do it, make sure there is a big difference is colour, dark blue jeans with light denim shirt and break it up with a white t-shirt or something or you'll look a bit like the Cookie Monster.

Soldato
Just bought a dark navy suit, does anyone have any recommendations for shoes?

I'd like dark brown/dark tan or a very deep red. Brogues would be best. £70 tops! I'll be looking in town on Monday, but keen to see what you guys suggest.

Soldato
It's just plain navy. I'm an adult, and therefore I'm not going to be buying slip ons. ;)

They aren't bad, thanks KD. Are Next shoes OK? Burton ones are truly awful.

Soldato
I had some grey Next ones that I used on a day to day basis for a couple of months. They took about a week and a half to wear in, but after that they were great. Now back at uni, I obviously don't need them at the moment, but will wear them again when I need to :)

kd

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom