1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Fashion Thread... personal tastes, musings, and recommendations

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Richdog, 30 Dec 2010.

1. Flare

Mobster

Yeah I know but the jeans as I am would wear it with are black jeans but slightly faded so it would not look like double denim at all.

*edit* I am a bit drunk.

2. RoboCod

Capodecina

Went to house of frazer and picked up some more discounted wool vneck jumpers. Can't ever have too many of them.

3. AGD

Soldato

Hi fashion gurus. :p

I'm looking for a new suit, budget £200-500 max. I'm fairly skinny but about 6ft 1 tall so am looking for brands which have a really good, tight fit around the chest. Obviously I will go and try stuff on, but it'd be good to get a few pointers for brands. Ideally, it should be fairly modern in style and I don't want to look like a banker.

Thanks!

4. hyper_piper45

Mobster

If you are in/close to London visit Suit Supply. They have modern suits, with good detail and quality at a great price.

http://www.suitsupply.com/suits/Suits,en_GB,sc.html

5. tres

Soldato

More pics! I hate hate online shopping, but I like coming in to this thread and seeing lots of nice things to buy (and of course, lots to avoid)

6. Participant

Caporegime

Bought this in the end, mainly for work. Arrives on Monday. Got a 42 as that's my chest sized, only that was the second smallest size available and it's probably fairly tailored, so I fully expect to be swapping it the very same day. Online clothes shopping can be a bit of a nightmare like that, but still better than traipsing through town centre imo.

7. AGD

Soldato

Thanks, yes I'm in london so will definitely check them out. :)

8. Bes

Soldato

Wow some great suits on that suitsupply website- might have take a trip down to their Mayfair shop :)

9. hargi

Wise Guy

Right guys looking for some advice and a wardrobe overhaul. Gone from working in a crap office to working for myself. So going to chuck out all my old cheep rubbish shirts.

Im looking for a nice but not expensive shirt to go with my brown with a light blue pin striped trousers that I can wear when I have to attend meetings or see clients. What color/style do you think?
    I'm thin and a 15.5 collar.

Also most of the time I work from home but was thiking can you get away with a nice pair of jeans and a shirt?

10. Kamwah

PermaBanned

Depends on what your business offers IMO.

I wouldn't say shirts are that varying in quality unless you have a stupid amount of money to spend so it's mostly color/pattern you'll want to look out for. Obviously if you wish to be seen in a professional light it's just the same several colors you can choose from really.

11. RoboCod

Capodecina

I got a couple of nice shirts from Jaeger at the weekend, they had some nice lines in.

I assume those shirts will be thrown out into a charity bag ya? :p

12. hargi

Wise Guy

Yep all bagged up in a charity bag.

So what color would you recommend with brown trousers, take it that it should be a plain shirt if the trousers are pin striped

13. Begbie

Capodecina

Quick heads up that American Eagle has 40% off, some nice stuff and the polos fit me awesome!

£15 shipping, which is damn cheap considering.

14. Richdog

Caporegime

White or cream goes best with brown imo, it's a classic look.

15. Nitefly

Man of Honour

I was in the market for a casual jacket with a layered effect and set myself a budget of £250 for something nice I could wear out and about but wouldn't drop out of fashion (a barber jacket just seemed too obvious).

Tried on several and had my heart set on a G-Star Raw that was slightly over budget.... until I chanced it in H&M and bought an equivalent that looked practically identical for £17.50 :eek:

Great fit, good textures, snug and warm... perfect. BILLY BARGAIN \o/

16. Azza

Caporegime

Wouldn't you have to pay customs? Which could be anything really depending on how they much they insure the parcel at.

17. tres

Soldato

link?

18. Nitefly

Man of Honour

Can't find it online, sorry.

19. tres

Soldato

Thanks for trying

20. Nitefly

Man of Honour