The Fez is no longer :(

Man of Honour
You hit a deer at 60mph and that's all that happened? :eek: Whoah, count yourself very lucky. A mate of mine hit a deer in his A4 at about 40mph and the whole front end was absolutely mangled along with a smashed windscreen.

You came out of that very well you lucky sod! :p

Man of Honour
It was definately a deer, right? I mean you didn't invent that to save face after last time? :p

Only joking - sorry to hear about the car but I'm sure its repairable?

Permabanned
Me too! 60mph you say! Speedo out by any chance!? A sure way to check is if you can hit 60 in the Festa in less than 15 seconds!

Sorry to hear about the deer, hope your car gets sorted too! :p :D

Soldato
OP
Think I've spent enough cash on it, it's just one thing after another really. You should see it now, has no headlights or indicators they where all loose.

I'm going to get the scrappies to take it off of me hopefully.

I'll just get another cheap car for the time being. I guess that deer was in the wrong place at the wrong time.

RIP deer. It was a big one too but to be honest the first thing I thought when I hit it was my poor car, totally selfish :(

Thanks Oracle, it's the 1.6 version and it gets to 60 in just over 10s, 10.6 or something (official), very sure that my speedo is correct.

Think there is less damage because the bumpers on this fez (mk3.5) are quite chunky...

Don
Enfield said:
Think I've spent enough cash on it, it's just one thing after another really. You should see it now, has no headlights or indicators they where all loose.

I'm going to get the scrappies to take it off of me hopefully.

I'll just get another cheap car for the time being. I guess that deer was in the wrong place at the wrong time.

RIP deer. It was a big one too but to be honest the first thing I thought when I hit it was my poor car, totally selfish :(

Thanks Oracle, it's the 1.6 version and it gets to 60 in just over 10s, 10.6 or something (official), very sure that my speedo is correct.

Think there is less damage because the bumpers on this fez (mk3.5) are quite chunky...

Nooo dont scrap it! All those parts can be had no problems at a scrappy! I'll even give you a hand if you can get hold of the parts!

*Thinks* My sister drives a fez the same as yours... i wonder if I could get her to reverse it into a wall :o :D

Soldato
I had an Fez Mk 3.5 as my first car i hit a staitonary car head on and there was a lot more damage than that. I hit him at only 30mph

You are very lucky , so is your car.

Soldato
sigh, you could get the parts needed to fix it for prolly 60 quid if you shopped around :/ Spray them yourself for an extra what, £30? Honestly, it ll be more expensive to get another "cheap" car!

Soldato
I would definitely ring around scrappies and at least price up getting it fixed, minor damage IMO.

At least you are ok, walking away is always the most important thing.

Soldato
Del Lardo said:
You got away unhurt which is fantastic. An ex's father spent several weeks in hospital after hitting a deer at 60mph whilst driving in the Cannock Chase area several years back.

Cannock Chase + 60mph is a bad combination. So many of the little blighters around the wood its crazy

Don
It is definately repairable, but if you have no faith in it, it might be time to fix it up, sell it and buy a Mk1 MR2 or something fun to drive ;)

Soldato
OP
Lopéz said:
Change the rad (£10-£20), buy a new numberplate (£6)

FIXED!

Plus, two headlights + fixings, indicators, bonnet and a bumper. One front tyre and a spare.

Not worth the time or day.

And yes it was a deer, definitely not a baby one. I guess I am very lucky - I was expecting it to go through the windscreen and hit me.

Soldato
Nathan said:
sigh, you could get the parts needed to fix it for prolly 60 quid if you shopped around :/ Spray them yourself for an extra what, £30? Honestly, it ll be more expensive to get another "cheap" car!
quoted for the truth

Soldato
I hit a motorbike at 10mph in my old si and did more damage :eek:

Glad you walked out of it ok, the scrappy will have all of those parts for cheap.

If you scrap it and buy another cheap run around, you will end up spending more money on parts, etc...
Makes no sense to scrap it imho.

Back
Top Bottom