The Fez is no longer :(

Don
Enfield said:
Plus, two headlights + fixings, indicators, bonnet and a bumper. One front tyre and a spare.

Not worth the time or day.

And yes it was a deer, definitely not a baby one. I guess I am very lucky - I was expecting it to go through the windscreen and hit me.

In a good condition, those fez's are worth circa £1k.. Fix it, sell it.. buy new car..

Soldato
OP
Garrett said:
Sounds very nasty, what road were you on?

Alton road just past South Warnborough heading away from Odiham.

Ci_Newman, I bought the car for £350, it is rusting on the rear arches quite bad and in other places.

I can't be arsed with it.

Soldato
OP
Phal said:
really isnt a lot of damage :\ was the deer running away from you at 55mph ? :|

From left to right.

The picture doesn't show the damage very well but that front bumper is rather solid and it's done it's job at absorbing the impact extremely well!

Caporegime
Never good hitting anything.

I've seen cars hit deer before and the front end is usually very very mashed up, windscreen smashed oftern look worse than hitting another car cause of the localisation of the impact, i find it hard to belive you hit the deer at 60.

Soldato
Looks allright to me, headlights look fine to me whats wrong with em? New rad, plate, bash the bumper back into shape, in the trader, sorted.

Associate
sad thing is i probably have all the parts bar the bumper (which should warm up to repair) in my shed. if you are going to scrap it put it in the local rag spares or repair, probably get 300 as it stands.

Man of Honour
Enfield said:
Plus, two headlights + fixings, indicators, bonnet and a bumper. One front tyre and a spare.

Not worth the time or day.

And yes it was a deer, definitely not a baby one. I guess I am very lucky - I was expecting it to go through the windscreen and hit me.
What's wrong with the headlights?

It doesn't need a bonnet or a bumper.

Soldato
Lopéz said:
What's wrong with the headlights?

It doesn't need a bonnet or a bumper.

excactly... they not excactly falling off. if you dont want to replace them then dont! just for gods sake dont scrap the thing due to a couple of bumps/dents, some dodgy lights and some rust... even the rad should be cheap to replace.

if you just spent money on new shock absorbers, discs and pads then its not really worth getting another 'cheap' car especially if this one still drives fine?

/end of fellow fez saving mode ;)

Associate
i'm jumping on the "fix it" bandwagon.

tbh mate, scrapping, hunting for a new car, buying a new car, taxing, insuring etc will be more of a pain in the arse than buying a 10 quid radiator and fitting it.

not a bad car whatsoever, don't bin it!

Back
Top Bottom