The forgotten FPS thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
WARGASM... :D

wargasm.gif

And it really annoys me that its been unplayable on Windows since WinME.

Last edited:
Associate
G|mp said:
Eh up dude :)

I currently PwN COD2 ;)

Got COD2 in the post should arrive tomorrow ;)

If your on though I'll stick to bots, more of a challenge :p

back on topic though I still have exhumed for the Saturn, from what I recall I keep dying on the part where you have to swim out after pressing some switch or other :)

Whoop

Soldato
not quite as old skool as some of the above, and possibly not even forgotten, but star wars rebal assault 2 was pretty FPS-ish even though it had space flight etc in it :)

I_REBL22.JPG

I_REBL21.JPG

Permabanned
Give me a shout on icq or msn one of the days Whoop

Im clanned up so i can give you a tour on our server :)

Associate
Psyk said:
Requiem avenging angel. Can't find a decent screenshot though :(
Basically you played an angel sent to earth to kick some ass. As well as the staple FPS weapons you got biblical powers like swarms of locusts and turning people to salt.

I had that, it was a great game. You could do somekind of astral projection, possess the monsters, and start fights within the mobs. Then wade in after the damage was done. Then when everything was slaughtered you could resurrect the dead so that they would follow you around as your minions. I used to think that was such a cool idea.

requiem8.jpg

This is a guard being 'salted'...

Last edited:
Associate
Trip Hazard said:
I can't believe no-one has mentioned Driller, dark side or total eclipse

theoccuppier-driller.JPG

proper fps action from 'back in the day' running at a mighty 6 frames per second (if you were lucky)

I have Driller for the Spectrum boxed in the attic :)

G|mp - I don't use msn or icq, never wondered why I'm not on :o

Only thing I have these days tbh mate is Xfire so I can follow people into bf2, got completely out of 300 message a day icq as it took longer to chat than play :)

Whoop

Soldato
OP
Sutters said:
I had that, it was a great game. You could do somekind of astral projection, possess the monsters, and start fights within the mobs. Then wade in after the damage was done. Then when everything was slaughtered you could resurrect the dead so that they would follow you around as your minions. I used to think that was such a cool idea.

requiem8.jpg

This is a guard being 'salted'...

Aye thats the one - quality :D

Soldato
Trip Hazard said:
I can't believe no-one has mentioned Driller, dark side or total eclipse

OMG! Total eclipse! I had that on demo tape on the C64... I got lost behind a pyramid - took about 10 mins to run around the darn thing.
TE1.gif
TE2.gif

Krazy Ivan was another one - demo was on the first PC mag I bought back in '95.
krazyi6.jpg

Oh and by the way careful on hot-linking images guys - its against the rules and bad mmkay?

Last edited:
Soldato
The one game I thought of straight away was Terra Nova :). I loved that game and played it for ages. It didn't do too well in the shops though, perhaps because of the system needed to run it nicely :(. It's now 10 years old.
Wiki (with some screen shots): Terra Nova

Soldato
OP
molinari said:
The one game I thought of straight away was Terra Nova :). I loved that game and played it for ages. It didn't do too well in the shops though, perhaps because of the system needed to run it nicely :(. It's now 10 years old.
Wiki (with some screen shots): Terra Nova

I remember playing a demo of terra nova - kinda reminded me of Midwinter on the Amiga.

Associate
UOcUK Poopscoop said:
Remember playing that!! :D

Remember a game called Green Meanies? :)

Hrm, was that the one where you dug holes for them to fall into and then whacked them on the head or is that dig dug maybe. There was another one where the space alien comes down the screen and even faster when you fired at him, think that was blue meanies though.

I was only like 7 at the time, still knew how to change the code to alter the keys though :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom