Poll: The Great OcUK Distro/Derivative Poll III

What are your favourite distrobutions or UNIX derivatives?

• Red Hat

Votes: 160 40.7%
  • Mandrake

Votes: 104 26.5%
  • Suse

Votes: 66 16.8%
  • Debian

Votes: 39 9.9%
  • Gentoo

Votes: 66 16.8%
  • Slackware

Votes: 60 15.3%
  • LFS

Votes: 9 2.3%
  • FreeBSD, NetBSD, OpenBSD

Votes: 36 9.2%
  • Other UNIX (Solaris, IRIX etc)

Votes: 25 6.4%
  • Other, please specifiy

Votes: 21 5.3%

• Total voters

fIREfox

F

fIREfox

I voted RH as its nice and easy to maintain in work when I cant afford to brake it and not fix it quick :p I also voted for Slak, Gentoo and the BSD's as Slak is the best one ive used previously, Im seriously impressed with Gentoo and will be the next distro I install. As for BSD, that to is on my 'must try' list as my housem8 swears by it and has convinced me its worth a try :)

Grumpy

G

Grumpy

Slackware for me :)

I already had 3 "slacker" t-shirts so..it just kinda fitted me :D

Remember kids..
There is no joy in having nothing to do. Joy comes from having a lot to do, and not doing it.

ade

A

ade

What about us people who use linux on other archs.
Show of hands for those with Familiar on their ipaq ?
:p

ade

A

ade

I have to say I'm quite happy with my nec Vr4111 powered compaq aero 2130 WindowsCE machine, running with a linux kernel and my quick bundled busybox and X, gtk+. and when I get my other CF card back, I'll compile gpe for mipsel r4k too :)

One guy in love with his palmtops :)
most find a palmpilot with flash someday......

Soldato
I'm being put in charge of a Debian Linux cluster of around 20 PC's next Summer so I've got the work to buy the 7-CD set 'cause I couldn't be bothered with downloading it. I'm new-ish to Linux so this should be fun.

:)

dai

dai

Associate
Man I didnt realise so many ppl liked Rh

Slack all the way :)

or as my sig on another Linux Forum states

"Once you have Slack you'll never go back"

Associate
slackware 8.1 on my web and dns servers.. still tweaking the fbsd boxen that will be my mail servers and assembling hardware for an OpenBSD firewall..

my desktop dual boots 2k/slack8.1 and suprisingly enought my laotop has win98/slack8.1 :)

oh and im putting OpenAP on my wireless access point as soon as i can aquire a 2MB+ linear maped pcmcia sram card...

all thats left for me to do is sneak tound at nite and install slack on my 4 housem8s pcs =]

Last edited:
Associate
Sorry to butt in on your poll an' all, but I have just installed my first ever Linux!!! and I couldn't resist seeing what you guys get up to in here.

Since it was ClarkConnect, I voted "Other", although it would be hard to say it was my favourite yet... ;)

Back
Top Bottom