• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The GTX 980 Ti owners thread.

Soldato
Boom 1.4 is far too high, I would turn that down now, I am running at 1.27v at 4.5 to give you some idea, personally I would not go above 1.3 unless you have some serious custom cooling.

Yeah I run @ stock for 24/7 use, that was just a quick OC to see if it could do 4.6Ghz stable. I'll work down from 1.4V when I get more time to see what it can really do. Cheers.

Caporegime
I'm at 1.275V constant C-states off for 4.6ghz, anything more than that speed wise requires 1.335v.

Anyhoo that's going away from the thread topic now :D

Associate
So I finally found some time to go to the post office and have just sent off my Amp! Extreme for a Refund. Does anyone know the length of time that it takes for them to issue the refund after they have received the card?

Associate
They do it immediately (as it's just a return and they don't have to test it) and you'll get the money on the account in 24-48h.

It is actually an RMA for refund (within 28 days) on the grounds that the card has bad coil whine when used with the two high end PSU's I tested it on, the pulsating fan problem, and the blank backplate. So I assume they will test the coil whine and fan problem (which are both present and a big problem) So I assume I will see the refund on Friday or Monday possibly.

Associate
gtx 980 ti hybrid

just bought the Inno3d Ichill gtx 980 ti hybrid s black series , just wondering if anyone else has got this or the EVGA hybrid 980ti can you tell me your temperatures at full load gaming ? im hitting 76-78c in Grand Theft Auto 5 62-67c Counter Strike Global Offensive, fans on full, ive tried intake and outtake in case setups no difference in temps at idle its like 35c but isn't my full load temperatures really high for water cooled GPU ? im abit panicked as I spent £630 on this and its a lot of money just want to know its working right. ive watched videos of the EVGA 980ti Hybrid and same clocks its 50c max under load :S is the ichill different shouldn't be that much ?? HELP HELP HELP lol

Thanks Ben

Associate
im hitting 76-78c in Grand Theft Auto 5 62-67c Counter Strike Global Offensive, fans on full

Mid to high 70s sounds way too high for a Hybrid cooler. Usually it's rare for them to even hit 65c as far as I've seen. With my Hybrid solution tacked on to the MSI 6G I've yet to see anything over 55c as a peak temperature. Hopefully a few inno3d black owners can share their Max temps under load but mid 70s should be for air cooling.

Soldato
It arrived....

It's the OcUK reference model and it was branded by Manli :p

GTX.jpg

Quick run on 3D Mark with everything set to stock speeds

Bench_At_Default.png

Will have to look into overclocking etc and see how far I can take it :)

*EDIT*

Quick overclock experiment just adding a bit onto the core 102Mhz and clocking the CPU back up to 4.2GHZ

Score: 14564
Graphics Score 18678
Physics Score 11169
Combined Score 6633

CPU - i7 3770K @ 4.2Ghz
GPU - GTX 980ti 1102/7000
Mem - 16GB

http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/8151387?

Last edited:
Associate
You can play Portal 2 at 4k with DSR probably. The Evil Within is another game that looks great (DSR from 4k, even more since it's supposed to be played with locked 30 fps).

Back
Top Bottom