The Haunting of Bly Manor | Netflix

Soldato

The Haunting of Bly Manor is the follow-up to 2018's The Haunting of Hill House. Arriving October 9th, this new chapter in the Haunting anthology series revolves around Bly Manor and the lives of its inhabitants, both living and dead. The Haunting of Bly Manor stars Victoria Pedretti, Henry Thomas, Oliver Jackson-Cohen, Kate Siegel, T'Nia Miller, Rahul Kohli, Benjamin Evan Ainsworth, Amelie Smith and Amelia Eve.

Soldato
Just came across this and I can't wait. Usually can't stand horror things but the first season was so good I watched it a few times.

Hopefully this is just as good as the first

Soldato
Maybe less of that car jump scare though! That one genuinely got me!

Though I do remember myself having some weird sort of out loud cheer when it cleared up the whole bent neck lady thing.

Associate
Another fan, I really enjoyed the first, I was of the view how will they follow up and make a second series?

Definitely looking forward to seeing how they make the story.

Just wish another series of Manhunter would be made. :(

Soldato
Fingers crossed, season 1 was some of the best horror we've had for a decade or two, in either TV or movie form.

Does haunting of hill house take a few episodes to get going, I think I watched 2 episodes and to be honest I thought it was slow and could not understand what was going on, perhaps I need to give it a rewatch.

Soldato
Does haunting of hill house take a few episodes to get going, I think I watched 2 episodes and to be honest I thought it was slow and could not understand what was going on, perhaps I need to give it a rewatch.

I wouldn't say slow, more deliberately paced, no rushing, no hooks episode to episode and not many jump scares. Good character building and an impending sense of suspense and fear that builds through the season.

On a technical note, it's got one of the best standalone 'single take' scene episodes i've ever seen, no camera trickery, just a few long single take scenes across an entire episode.

Soldato
I wouldn't say slow, more deliberately paced, no rushing, no hooks episode to episode and not many jump scares. Good character building and an impending sense of suspense and fear that builds through the season.

On a technical note, it's got one of the best standalone 'single take' scene episodes i've ever seen, no camera trickery, just a few long single take scenes across an entire episode.

Yeah slow was the wrong word to use, your reply has tempted me to give it another go, will start from the start again tonight hopefully.

Soldato

Well started this again and up to episode 5 now and Im enjoying it a lot, I never gave it a chance on 1st viewing, perhaps because of how the story kept going back and forward in time I got a bit lost with who is who, but the more episodes I have watched it all starts to come together.

Back
Top Bottom