The Hills Have Eyes (Merged)

Associate
dmpoole said:
Whooooooooooosh - straight over the bar.
You of all people.

Oh wow - you're calling my mate a moron now.

and i didn't even say that either, i called the taxi driver a moron and thats it.

tbh it looks to me like your just trying to pick a fight with me for no apparent reason, and i don't even no why am trying to defend myself or pursuade you otherwise as your clearly not in the mood for rational thinking.

am now leaving this thread so do another one of your trolling posts to me and be done with it.

Man of Honour
EasyG said:
and i didn't even say that either, i called the taxi driver a moron and thats it.

Okay apologies for taking the mick but look what I wrote and then you replied

EasyG said:
dmpoole said:
What a coincidence.
The bloke who gives me a lift to work pulled the DVD out of his bag this morning and said it was one of the worst fims he'd ever seen.
QUOTE]

me and a m8 got a taxi to the pics one time to see batman begins, the driver asks what we were seeing and we told him batman, his response was " yah divin wanna see that man its a load of *****".

what a complete moron he was lol.

You quoted me and then replied in a way that suggested my mate is a moron also and theres no way you can get out of it.
There is no other reason why you would tell your tale and then end it with 'What a complete moron he was' unless you were tying it in with my story, otherwise you would have left my quote out.

Now the fact is my mate is a complete moron but thats beside the point.

Soldato
I spotted the original The Hills Have Eyes was showing on Sky Cinema so I Sky+'d it and watched it yesterday. Gotta say what a load of **** it was :o Though I can understand that in it's day I suppose it might have been gory / scary etc.

I'm yet to see the new one but a couple have people have told me it's pretty **** too, but very gory.

Man of Honour
Richdog said:
Aye I gathered, but joking + internet = someone taking it completely the wrong way and fracas ensues = thread de-railed in a pointless fashion.

Point taken and my fault.
Lets get a nice Don to once again delete posts because of my micky taking.
I forget that some don't get my sense of humour.

Consigliere
Saw this last night.

Powerful eye opening film to be honest. Extremely well acted, especially Brenda (Character's name). Well worth watching, next on the list, Hostel...

Associate
dmpoole said:
Point taken and my fault.
Lets get a nice Don to once again delete posts because of my micky taking.
I forget that some don't get my sense of humour.

Well it is quite wierd :p

I thought the original sucked tbh, boring. Will watch the remake though to see if they made it any better.

Soldato
Worthy said:
I'm going watching it as part of a first date later. Not 100% sure it's a good idea after reading some of the comments in here. :)
First date and you're going to see this! Hmm.
Lets think:

1. She might go girly and cuddle up to you on the gruesome scenes - bonus point!

2. She might hate it and get freaked out for the rest of the night so you don't really feel at ease - no points for gryfindor I'm afraid :(

Go for dinner or bowling or quazar (w00t) orrrrrr a nicer movie!!! :p

I haz 4090!
Don
We're going for a drink and something to eat, then bowling, and then finishing off with the pics! It was her idea to watch it though. I'm scared already - I've got a phobia when it comes to scary films. It all goes back to my troubled childhood (I watched Halloween when I was 7 and it's scarred me for life!).

Soldato
Worthy said:
We're going for a drink and something to eat, then bowling, and then finishing off with the pics! It was her idea to watch it though. I'm scared already - I've got a phobia when it comes to scary films. It all goes back to my troubled childhood (I watched Halloween when I was 7 and it's scarred me for life!).
So you're going to be the girl for the night - snuggling into her. How embarrassing! Not on the first date dude, don't do it!!!

Soldato
But then she might like to see a feminine side to you.....

;)

I was a little hasty in my initial review of the film. Whilst it didn't scare me in the slightest, it did make me think.

The film wasn't afraid to push the boundaries. How many times in films would we be in a situation like that rape scene, and the girl would just be saved at the last minute. Thinking back to it, it was a 'refreshing' (and I use that word hesitantly :p) change to the usual films.

I remember talking with an ex about this before - children never die in films. E.g. War of the Worlds - the son is alive at the end. Aratnaphobia, or whatever it is - the kids just get away before the spiders bite them. I would find it an interesting change if for once....the kids didn't get away.

Anyone else feel the same? Like its interesting to see a film push the boundaries and shock you a little?

Soldato
There's a lot of people that really liked it here. When I went to watch it with some friends, they came out of the cinema talking about how absolutely awful it was. They thought it was one of the worst films they've ever seen. Personally I thought it was okay but I think it's interesting how greatly opinions of it differ.

Associate
I don't quite understand what people mean when they say the film 'made you think'. Made you think what? Maybe we shouldn't test nuclear weapons for fear of creating a rampaging gang of disfigured mutant cannibals? Okay.

It seemed to me to be pretty mindless violence. It was over the top and in parts plain stupid. For me, it was far less disturbing than The Texas Chainsaw Massacre, despite being far more violent and gruesome.

Soldato
chrisd said:
I don't quite understand what people mean when they say the film 'made you think'. Made you think what? Maybe we shouldn't test nuclear weapons for fear of creating a rampaging gang of disfigured mutant cannibals? Okay.

Made me think about the movie business in general.... not about the film :p

Back
Top Bottom