The 'Hiper-Explosive' Club

Associate
mrdbristol said:
**** NO COMPETITOR REFERENCES ***

You went to ** ***** ? :eek:

How many assistants ( via their supervisors ) did it take to recommend the replacement ? :D

it was the only place open *hangs head* never actually seen assistant on the shop floor, i had to find it myself and carry it all by myself and even deliver it to myself !!!! no next day, chauffer driven delivery crew for me, i'm old skool

edit:for them to be a competitor that would mean ocuk admitting they're equals ;)

Last edited:
Man of Honour
All the Hiper Active members bloody well get out!! You are kicking people out of your thread so keep out of this one. ;)

My Hiper Type R 580w Mk2 blew up a few months ago after 14-16 months of use. No warning, just a big bang and a cloud of thick acrid smoke. Took out a brand new motherboard that cost me £109. :mad: Could'nt get any response from Hiper and ended up costing me over £300 by the time i replaced the motherboard again and got my gorgeous Seasonic S12 650w Energy+. The thing that made it worse (if it was'nt bad enough already) was that nothing was overclocked at all. These things are bloody rubbish.

It's all very well people saying, "well mines ok and running faultlessly". They do until they blow up!!

Where are all the other ex Hiper owners. I know for a fact there's at least a hundred on here. Yewen has had four fail/blow on him alone. Get in here and post your tales of woe.

Man of Honour
pastymuncher said:
All the Hiper Active members bloody well get out!! You are kicking people out of your thread so keep out of this one. ;)

My Hiper Type R 580w Mk2 blew up a few months ago after 14-16 months of use. No warning, just a big bang and a cloud of thick acrid smoke. Took out a brand new motherboard that cost me £109. :mad: Could'nt get any response from Hiper and ended up costing me over £300 by the time i replaced the motherboard again and got my gorgeous Seasonic S12 650w Energy+. The thing that made it worse (if it was'nt bad enough already) was that nothing was overclocked at all. These things are bloody rubbish.

It's all very well people saying, "well mines ok and running faultlessly". They do until they blow up!!

Where are all the other ex Hiper owners. I know for a fact there's at least a hundred on here. Yewen has had four fail/blow on him alone. Get in here and post your tales of woe.

You do realise that running a Hiper for 14-16 months qualifies you for membership of the " Hiper-Active " Club , shall i put you down as a maybe ? :p

Seriuosly though , sorry about your loss/damage :mad:

I'm just trying to guage some opinion.

Mark

( I'll butt out now , i said i wouldn't post in this thread :o )

Last edited:
Associate
bought mine from A competitor! last summer as I was desperate for a new psu after my enermax died

it powers

asus a7n8x-e deluxe uber bios 1013
pc 3200 corsair 2x 512 dual channel
hercules prophet 9700 pro
2x maxtor sata raid 0 2 x 250 gb
1 x pioneer 111d
1x liteon 54 cdrw
thermaltake xaser super tower with 8 fans

if it were to go it would have gone during last summer

however I prob had an earlier batch rather than you lot :p

Associate
you lot got me worried now

I should trust my instincts and stick with enermax

hmm i gonna keep on an eye on asus probe for a few weeks before i make a decision

Soldato
1 Type R which died within 1 day (the infamous 1ms reset loop)
1 which died within a year (didn't take out anything though, but probably because I could smell its impeding failure and took action quickly)

Associate
rafster said:
1 Type R which died within 1 day (the infamous 1ms reset loop)
1 which died within a year (didn't take out anything though, but probably because I could smell its impeding failure and took action quickly)

Did you just disconnect it or was the action more radical than that?

Soldato
OP
I should probably specify a time after purchase in which the psu must have died to be eligible for membership in the Hiper explosive club, as all psus die eventually and its unreasonable to expect any psu to last forever.
Whats the warranty period on these? 3 years?

Back
Top Bottom