The 'Hiper-Explosive' Club

Soldato
Maybe everyone who's Hipers have died can post in here pics and details of exatly what has blown in it, then maybe we could decide what the problem is? Maybe its a certain type of components, and if everyone has the same one, then maybe thats why and maybe other batches of the Hipers are actually fine?

Permabanned
I've had mine for around 14-15 months 580w, it's still going strong. Jeez, I never knew these were so bad...

Associate
My Type r 4M580w non-modular just died.

At boot it up something went awry, it didnt boot up right and turned itself off after 2 seconds. There was a slight burn smell but no smoke or bang.
When i try to start it up, it runs all the pc components for about 4-5 seconds before switching off, but leaving all fans in the pc spinning. The fan in the psu itself doesnt spin, it just jumps a bit. After the 4 seconds the fan starts spinning.

13 months of near 24/7 operation under various loads... not bad imo.

Last week or two she was running hot, and the pc in general was a tad unstable temp wise.

Whats my next move, email hiper to setup an RMA. Im a little worried because the "Warrant void if removed" sticker got removed owing to it needing encouragment to slot into my case... i wonder will a picture of the bits of it stuck to my case do :D

Man of Honour
A customer of mine has just had what appears to be a PSU failure - lights are on but nobodys home. Its a hiper type-R 580w (bought nov 2005).

RMA time :(

Soldato
Looks like im the newest member....

I have a 580W Type R Modular, Shiney Chrome Silver one. Got 'HPU-4K580-MK V2' on the back :)

Its been working fine since my dad got it with his 2 6800Gts ages ago, and now i have it as he needed more power for his new system.

I have nothing to report tho, no noise, no clicks, fans are fine and computer always starts etc :)

Craig!! :D

Soldato
craig_kennedy83 said:
Looks like im the newest member....

I have a 580W Type R Modular, Shiney Chrome Silver one. Got 'HPU-4K580-MK V2' on the back :)

Its been working fine since my dad got it with his 2 6800Gts ages ago, and now i have it as he needed more power for his new system.

I have nothing to report tho, no noise, no clicks, fans are fine and computer always starts etc :)

Craig!! :D

Your in the wrong club :p You need to be in the hiper active club :D

uZi

uZi

Associate
Had a Hiper 580w modular fail on me - refused to boot my DFI NF4 as the 5v rail was too weak - replaced it with a Enermax liberty :D

Soldato
firewallblocked said:
hiper type-R 580w has just blown up! I now feel like I have joined an elite club, where angels fear to tread. :eek:

Luckily I was in the garden at a friends house and we caught the whole thing on camera. :D

That image looks like a house from emmerdale exploading.

Back
Top Bottom