-dante6491 (1)
-eggcup (1)
-collisster (1)
-sugoi (1)

Hiper PSU Census
-Total PSUs Failed: [ 17 ]
-Total Failed PSUs that took out components: [ 1 ]
-Total PSUs still working(members of The Hiper active club): [ 22 ]

think you need to update those figures mate ;)

Associate
580 watt type R
1st. early 06 - Dec 06 Installed as part of rolling upgrade on 8 month old Gigabyte mobo
2nd Jan 07 - Jul 07 Installed in a new build on brand new Asus mobo
3rd Sep 07 - Sep 07 Thats right.. didnt last a month!

Same defect each time... powers up but machine doesnt boot, requires repeated power cycling to achieve full operation. Luckily no components killed, and the original mobo ram and GPU involved is performing faultlessly with a £20 cheapy installed.

Now seeking a replacement, has to look good and be reliable... (or am I asking too much?)

Associate
well after 2 years my hiper gave up the ghost 2 days ago. some wierd and wonderful noises and smells and that was it.

new psu in and no harm done from what i can gather so far.

Associate
Well tried to look into the problem today and as well as the failure to power up the ram, Im getting a ideo adapter fail beep. Not sure if this means the heap of garbage has taken out £140 worth of video card or if it just means the power supply that would normally go to the 6 pin on the graphics card is dead.

Calling them on Monday and this time I want to speak to someone who can address this problem as Im getting close to having paid double for this in terms of postage costs. Time to talk to trading standards too I think, this isnt acceptable. The giga machine with the £22.50 psu continues to run smooth as silk and is again serving as fall back.

NEVER BUY HIPER!

Associate
Originally Posted by Joe42

Current Members List [ 14 ]
-Nickg (1)
-elfy (1)
-pastymuncher (1)
-Justintime (2)
-rafster (2)
-waveydave79 (3)
-Solaris (1)
-Zefan (1)
-jellybeard999 (1)
-Raymond Lin (1)
-dante6491 (1)
-eggcup (1)
-collisster (1)
-sugoi (1)

Hiper PSU Census
-Total PSUs Failed: [ 17 ]
-Total Failed PSUs that took out components: [ 1 ]
-Total PSUs still working(members of The Hiper active club): [ 22 ]

Joe42 man, update those figures, I had a Type-R 580W Modular blowup on me as well, completely out of the blue. I havent been able to determine if any of the other components died or not I am waiting for the replacement... I will post an update as soon as I know.

Associate
i have also had one fail, lots of noise and barely enough power to light up my fans, this was about 4 months ago after having it for 10 months, still in warenty so rma'd and replacment is so far okay.

I hadn't seen this thread before and didn't realise they failed so much.

Soldato
Hi, I wish to propose that I join this exclusive club. My Hiper Type R 580 went bang on Saturday morning. It's now waiting to be sent back to Hiper under RMA for a replacement.

Luckily my other components were alright and my PC booted up fine once I hooked up my new Corsair 520 HX modular. Phew! :D

Soldato
Suppose I should add mine, Hiper 580 purchased Sep/Oct 2006, blew up in a puff of smoke upon plugging it in for the first time, thankfully nothing got damaged.

2nd one was fine though, although its been replaced by a HX620 now.

Soldato
My aerocool snuffed it yesterday. I believe they are hiper based so Im posting it here.

Was the 450w edition, still powers the motherboard, still turns on and starts its fans but only for 1 second before turning itself back off.

Nothing damaged, no apparent signs of failure just....

No components lost anyhow and a 300w 5 year old no name brand psu has taken its place for the meantime. I downclocked my conroe and 8600gts and it keeps running fine even in games so quite impressed at its low power draw

Back
Top Bottom