**The iPhone 5 accessory thread**

Soldato
Associate
I dont like cases. I tried loads for my iPhone 4 but nothing beats using it without a case.

I will however be getting both front and back screen protectors to ensure that it doesn't get scratched.

That is as soon as I find a front screen protector for the iPhone 5 on eBay that also includes a rear film. If anyone finds one, let me know please :)

Associate
I used to rely on the InvisibleSHIELD screen protectors then a mate recommended the Media Devil ones and I've used for the last 2 years or so now. I've just signed up to be notified when they start selling iPhone 5 ones. They're badly priced either at about £8 for 2 in a pack. Unfortunately with Media Devil you have to buy the front and backs separate.

Soldato
I think I'll go for front and back screen protectors (obviously the back isn't a screen, but hopefully I'll be able to get the clear plastic type), and a bumper.

Soldato
OP
That is as soon as I find a front screen protector for the iPhone 5 on eBay that also includes a rear film. If anyone finds one, let me know please :)

That was the main point of this thread :p

I used to rely on the InvisibleSHIELD screen protectors then a mate recommended the Media Devil ones and I've used for the last 2 years or so now. I've just signed up to be notified when they start selling iPhone 5 ones. They're badly priced either at about £8 for 2 in a pack. Unfortunately with Media Devil you have to buy the front and backs separate.

I stopped using invisishields, they are horribly priced and not actually that great

I think I'll go for front and back screen protectors (obviously the back isn't a screen, but hopefully I'll be able to get the clear plastic type), and a bumper.

That's what I plan on doing too, just want some protection until then :D

Soldato
OP
Won't bother with a screen protector, I'm yet to see a Gorilla glass screen scratched. Will probably go for a leather case of some kind though. Really tempted by some of the nice wooden ones that are done mind...

kd

Really? I thought the iPhone glass was damn easy to scratch. hell, mine got scrathed from a little bit of sand that was in my jacket pocket :mad: (ip 4)

Soldato
I've been using an iPhone 4 for nearly 2 years without any scratches. Cases, for me in my opinion, mostly detract from the user experience and are designed for those that want to protect their purchase to sell it rather than enhance the use whilst they own it.

Associate
Used a 4gear full hard case and then got given the top of the range otterbox for my 4. It still looks new compared to the day I got it. Despite travelling in my bag with a bunch of tools, being dropped repeatedly, being crashed onto (came off my bike) falling onto a broken pint glass screen first etc.

That said, i'll wait for a lifeproof for my 5 as I need a full waterproof case ideally.

Associate
Im the same in regards to cases. They really detract from the design of the iphone 4/4s

However, i am currently using a pinlo slice 3 and a glas.t screen protecter and it is an absolutely amazing combo. Bit pricey, and i reckon the case will warp over time due to it being obscenely thin (0.35mm I think), so a replacement will probably be needed, but even so, i'll be doing a similar thing for the iphone 5

Soldato
Long shot that it will fit, but think this (in orange) will look snazzy on a black iPhone for when it's first out the box!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/STYLISH-i...lePhonesCasesPouches&var=&hash=item3a79b9c9bd

I have always got the thinnest scratches on my iPhones when I didn't use a case/screen protector, so hard to believe some people don't have ANY marks, even just laying it on a table to charge, a short slide and a microscopic peice of grit will mark my iPhone 4 / 4S . Screen protectors usually take away the feel of the phone to me so I wont be using them and taking the risk! A bumper like this should do fine for a while until there's some sleeker ones about (metal ones?)

Soldato
I've had a slipcase for my 4S (which is still mint)... I'm debating going fully naked this time round though, might get another slipcase just because when I leave it on tables and things I like having something for it to lay on.

Soldato
£25 for a dock adaptor for a piece of plastic that costs prob 20p to manufacture , apple can go f themselves , if they changed the port which they have every right to at least they could dam well include one dock adaptor with the phone ....

Soldato
Don't know if anyone has noticed, but now the charger and cable are sold seperately for £15 each. i.e. 3-pin plug with USB port £15, Lightning cable, £15 :'(

Back
Top Bottom