**The iPhone 5 accessory thread**

Soldato
Strangely mine arrive today despite saying it saying the 1st.

tmshIl.jpg

7IREil.jpg

It does actually fit in properly, didn't push it all the way down for the photo, oops.

Yep, got mine too :) it's a rather beautifully made leather pouch too I have to say.

Edit: My only worry is the seam rubbing on the anodised coating and rubbing it off.

Last edited:
Soldato
My problem with pouches are thats the most likely time you'll drop the phone, taking it out the pouch, since you'll only have a pinch grip doing so.

Dunno why bumpers are not compulsary. They're the best things for iPhones. Add grip, keep the unit 1mm off the ground and still keep the device looking good. Albeit naked is still nicer looking... But a good compromise to say the least.

Si.

Si.

Soldato
i'm a pouch person, never found a bumper or case that I like the look of, they all make the phone look cheap..

I've not found a good iPhone5 pouch yet though.

Caporegime
Im kinda sad then - Im a bumper and pouch person :p. It was brilliant that a bumpered iP4/4S fitted pretty much into the vast majority of standard iP3GS pouches.

I really need Knomo to make a pouch wide enough to hold a bumpered phone - though thats when I get it replacement.

ps3ud0 :cool:

Soldato
I have just had to arrange a replacement as my phone arrived scuffed and dented:

Applecustomerservices2.jpg

Applecustomerservices1.jpg

I am debating whether to get a leather pouch or not. I have used a Speck case on my iPhone 4 for about a year and I took it out for the first time a few days ago and it has scratched the corners of the phone.

The thing that worries me most with leather pouches is the opening at the top and part of the sides. Also when I take it out of the pouch it will have zero protection. I really cannot decide!

If I was to buy a leather pouch it would probably be either knomo or a sena one. I was also looking at the Spigen Glas.t screen protector and perhaps using a combination of either the zagg extreme or a case for the back and sides.

Really cannot decide :(

Soldato
I have just had to arrange a replacement as my phone arrived scuffed and dented:

Applecustomerservices2.jpg

Applecustomerservices1.jpg

I am debating whether to get a leather pouch or not. I have used a Speck case on my iPhone 4 for about a year and I took it out for the first time a few days ago and it has scratched the corners of the phone.

The thing that worries me most with leather pouches is the opening at the top and part of the sides. Also when I take it out of the pouch it will have zero protection. I really cannot decide!

If I was to buy a leather pouch it would probably be either knomo or a sena one. I was also looking at the Spigen Glas.t screen protector and perhaps using a combination of either the zagg extreme or a case for the back and sides.

Really cannot decide :(

Your top picture is exactly where mine has a slight bit of metal showing through. It really is tiny but I am worried will get worse with time. I don't think anodised coating is a good idea on an item that gets handled constantly. It is bound to chip and wear. Still debating switching for a white, but now i've got my black pouch maybe not so good an idea :o

These plastic cases are a waste of time as they only make your phone look cheap whilst potentially causing scratches anyway!

Get the Knomo pouch, you won't be disappointed :)

Last edited:
Soldato
Well my Case Mate Tough just turned up. Now all I need is an iPhone 5 to put in it. ANywhere ther case looks very good. Quite slimline too and not much if any bulk over the pixelskin hd I am currently using on my iphone 4.

Associate
I've been looking for a nice black case and ended up buying three of them to test. My girlfriend will get one of them so i only really bought an extra one and it's always handy to have a spare case.

SwitchEasy NUDE Plastic - UltraBlack
SwitchEasy Colors Silicone - Stealth
Cygnett SecondSkin Silicon - Black

Will let people know what i think of them when they arrive and i've test fitted.

Sam

Sam

Soldato
Anyone received there Switch easy case yet? i ordered on 21/08/12 and have yet to receive which is rather disappointing really as my iPhone is currently unprotected

Sam

Back
Top Bottom