The IT Crowd

Associate
I thought it was pretty good, better than most attempts at comedy these days. At least that's one more good thing to watch now on TV amongst all the other rubbish.

Soldato
I couldn't believe its by the same guys that did Blackbooks and Father Ted. There were plenty of stereotypical jokes in there. "Did you turn it off and on again?" C'mon thats a joke for normal people not geeks ;) I did think the 2nd episode was an improvement though. It did have some very lol moments, not that I can recall any.

Caporegime
-Mic- said:
Its filmed in front of an audience. Someone on here was at the last episode.

Crap show. Horrible.

Even if it is filmed in front of an audience its still very annoying, I just cant enjoy comedy programs when theres laughter like that.

Permabanned
I watched 10 mins and fell asleep, some guy interviewed the creator (also did father ted) on bbc1 this week and he said he went by rules like "no swearing, jokes anybody could understand and also so kids could watch it.

That what it seemed like a show for kids with goofy characters.

Trailer Park Boys for me tonight.

Soldato
watched both episodes earlier in the week, posted a thread about them too... i think its great and is right up there with Black Books, Bottom, Father Ted etc...etc...

great comedy and is nice to see something good and slightly different.
and indeed, it is filmed in front of a studio audience, there was a few special features (outtakes, set building, props etc...) on the website but they've been taken down now. will more than likely be back up next week for the next episode.

its annoying how people call it "the it crowd" instead of "the I.T. crowd" though :-/

the advert got it wrong and now everybody calls it "the it crowd" :confused:

Permabanned
they should ad things like my pc is on but i cant see anything , turn on your monitor lol, or iam printing but its not printing, lol phone call you printed it at our head office in the states lol.

Associate
I have to say I love the first two episodes. It appeals to my sense of humour exactly. The whole fire thing in the second episode had me in hysterics. "I like that screensaver" lol :D

My only critisism would be the rather wooden acting by the two IT guys. I don't think that's the fault of the actors, I think the director told them to do it in the false belief that making the IT guys sound like robots would have a deep, meaningful and funny effect. He was wrong. Nonetheless the script is good and the acting, aside from the above issue, is also good. I love the boss; excellent manager stereotype. Jen's also a good character but they need to play on her lack of computer knowledge more, then again theres lots of time for that in other episodes. It would be nice if there were a few more references for the geek audience, and I hope they have more telephone conversations with the people upstairs where you get to see both sides of the conversation. A long tirade of tech speak can be very funny when it's said to someone who barely understands the concept of a keyboard.

As for canned laughter... well everyone finds it annoying, but I think it does actually serve a purpose, whether you know it consciously or not. Some shows need it more than others.

In any case I'm certainly looking forward to the next episode.

Last edited:
Soldato
this is really frustrating me now, i watched the first episode and didnt think it was too bad, but I CANT FIND THE LINK TO WATCH THE SECOND?! grrrrr

Anyone found it?

Tom.

Back
Top Bottom