The IT Crowd

Soldato
There were a few good moments - it's got potential, most shows aren't great when they are bedding in.

The 'screensaver' was funny, as was the chairs being pulled together in the stress meeting. 'Let me put my larger glasses on' is bound to become a catchphrase in my office come Monday.

Also liked the white noise when Moss was talking to Jen about programming - I'm sure I've seen that happen when I'm trying to explain stuff to people...
Jen and her shoelust was good I've worn shoes that looked nice but hurt like hell :rolleyes: though they didn't quite do that to my toes even if it felt like it :eek:

Funniest bit for me was the telephone number for the police. Just so silly.

Loved Chris Morris's outfit in the second episode - think if Chris thinks it's a winner I'll stick with it cos the man is a God in my eyes :)

Associate
I wasn't wildly impressed but there were a few funny moments. The only thing that irritated me was the channel 4 announcer calling it "The it crowd" instead of I.T. :confused:

Oh and the fact that the guy with the glasses seemed to be playing pretty much the same character as he was in Darkplace.

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
I liked it. Yes, they crowbarred in the standard 'Have you turned it off and on again?' gag, but at least it's out of the way now. They could have made it more subtle but then it wouldn't appeal to a wide audience. Chris Morris is doing a great job of the intimidating boss, and the bit where he was pouring a glass of water then suddenly appeared immediately in shot in the guys face was genius - very Father Ted there. I reckon when the actors have grown into the characters more it'll get funnier; the audience will never latch onto new characters in a new series immediately but I think these first shows will appear funnier once they have.

Associate
Didn't see the first one only the second and i thought it was rubbish. Would have been better without the canned laughter, however i only found one bit funny and i can't remember what it was which is a good indication of how rubbish it was.

Soldato
Angel said:
Didn't see the first one only the second and i thought it was rubbish. Would have been better without the canned laughter, however i only found one bit funny and i can't remember what it was which is a good indication of how rubbish it was.

-Mic- said:
Not.canned.laughter.apparently.

Soldato
wush said:
The laughter track made me puke. True fact.
Filmed infront of a live studio audience. Even truer fact.

I thought it was ok, the second episode was better than the first for me. I'm sure it will grow on me.

Soldato
Watched 20 minutes of the first one and turned it off, it really was painful to watch. It really seemed like they were trying way too hard and never hitting it, cringeworthy stuff imo.

Back
Top Bottom