The Jaffacake- An Antec Striker MATX Build

Soldato
Hey all,

So finally getting to do something a little different with a build and doing some modding. This is a little in flux with certain parts, colours, design but progress has been made over the last few weeks so thought I would share where I am at and where things are aiming for.

Hope you enjoy :)

First up, parts list. All purchased to get it working.

Main Parts
  • CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950x (Purchased)
  • GPU: AMD 6900xt (Purchased)
  • Motherboard: Gigabyte B550M Aorus Pro MATX (Purchased)
  • RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32GB (4x8GB) DDR4 3600-CL16 (Purchased)
  • Drive: 1x Sabrent Rocket Q 2TB M.2 NVME, to be used as OS & software drive (Purchased)
  • Drive 2: 1x Sabrent Rocket Q 4TB M.2 NVME, to be used as games drive (Purchased)
  • Case: Antec Striker ITX case (Purchased)
  • Power Supply: Corsair SF750 80+ Platinum (Purchased)
Watercooling - Blocks & Rads
  • CPU Block: EK-Quantum Magnitude - AM4 Copper + Acetal (Purchased)
  • Reservoir/Pump: EK-Quantum Kinetic FLT 240 DDC PWM D-RGB Plexi (Purchased)
  • Rads: EK-Coolstream SE240 (Purchased) + PE240 (Purchased)
Watercooling - Fittings
  • EK-Torque HTC 14mm hardline - Black (Purchased)
  • EK-Torque HTC 14MM Fitting colour pack, this will get re-anodised in orange to match system (Purchased)
  • EK-Torque Angled 90degree Rotary Fittings - Black (Purchased)
  • EK-Quantum Magnitude Accent - Black , this will also get re-anodised in orange to match system (didn't purchase, change of plans)
Watercooling - Fluid & Fans
  • Coolant: 2x EK-CryoFuel Solid Fire Orange 1L (Purchased)
  • Fans: 4No. Lian-Li Uni fans, one set of 3 with controller + single additional (Purchased)
Peripherals
  • Iiyama G-Master GB3466WQSU-B1 34" 3440X1440 144Hz monitor (Purchased)
  • Logitech G915 Lightspeed RGB wireless keyboard (Purchased)
  • Logitech G903 Hero wireless mouse (Purchased)
  • Logitech wireless mouse mat
  • Logitech Pro X Wireless headset (Purchased)
  • Generic headset stand (Xmas present from family member)
Other
  • Custom wiring to PC (Price TBC, approx £150 on quote)
  • Custom anodising to plates/panels (All done, see photos below)
  • Transfers for logos/names (Price TBC)
Cost wise including a few custom parts and all the little extra, tools etc needed this build should

NEW Current build cost is coming in at £4697.28 for whole system, with tower costing £4198.34 of that. As above got cables and custom transfers to go cost wise. I have also got to make a PCIE riser shroud from some steel plate I have and will go black and pick up another heatsink for the second M.2.

Proposed Design Images:
6dJ7kQG.jpg
9PH0cxJ.jpg

General Build
With the above all set out in concept and that I have now started putting parts together that I have managed to purchase currently. The MATX board of course was step 1 to making this all work. The case is officially only designed for ITX boards.

Fortunately the case is an all metal/glass construction which meant I could drill & tap the 2mm thick aluminum motherboard tray to suit the larger mobo. For this I had tried different orientations to suit hole positions bearing in mind the other cutouts to the frame from stock. This lead to the conventional rotation of the mobo.

Cabling
Utilising an SF power supply has meant there is plenty of room for cabling and tidying. Custom cables will be getting produced, which at the moment I am talking with To The Wire on FB to do the cabling in January (earliest available). That will include the 24pin & 8pin mobo cables, two PCIE cables as needed for the GPU (unless go 3080 with 12pin) and custom cabling the DDC pump to use just the fan header rather than the Molex for power.

I have yet to confirm details and also depending on the case fans (looking at the Lian Li Uni fans) might have those done too. Oh and also I am loosing the front IO panel and switching to just a stock on/off button that needs integrating into the case and also have the cables done.

Work complete
The white panels have been stripped of paint and cleaned ready to off to be anodised black. I am yet to do the pre-finish and give the panels a brushed look to match the heatsinks on the Gigabyte Mobo.

As can see from pictures I have test fitted the mobo, blocks, one of the radiators (waiting on the PE) and I have borrowed a CPU to get windows installed and check components are working at this stage.

I am currently in process of making the custom plate to cover the front IO section as per the renders. This will be made from 0.9mm aluminium and also anodised to match. Underneath will be a 2mm orange acrylic panel to match to give the orange edge as per render.

Current build images:
GKeUy6Q.jpg
5wzM2ei.jpg
eceUY2X.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
This was the prep work to get the radiator & reservoir block on back of PC build. This meant moving the radiator 8mm to the right to allow the reservoir to clear the frame. A few of the holes will not be connected to the chassis due to the opening. At the moment I haven't changed the aperture of the radiator area to match the new location as for the most part the frame from the radiator is there anyways. The same was done for the holes needed for the reservoir.

ytYNEdB.jpg
PSf1ia0.jpg
ub2IHTR.jpg

Soldato
OP
Been playing with the renders since taking the paint off and wondering if going brushed aluminium and no anodising to the panels would work.

ptjYex9.jpg

Or even just going painted/polished anodised orange

NfDrFB3.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
So today didn't consist of too much. The 90 degree fittings arrived so had my first go at bending some hardline acrylic tubing. Wasn't too bad.

Not quite right at moment, as you can see the top fitting isn't 90 degree due to the two bend directions I had to do but I could probably heat it up again to bend it out a little.

Still playing with if I am going to do the kink at top or space out the 90degree. Will do a pure 90degree tomorrow to see what spacers would be needed. There is about 3mm clearance between the bottom fitting and glass panel so will be pretty snug.

wrTcG7t.jpg

4jkVq7P.jpg

Soldato
OP
update to cooling, may be a possible design change depending on if it pans out so have test fitted another tube.

imSM8HX.jpg
eGp1E8P.jpg
f0YxN9p.jpg
xRiMXoM.jpg
MKJLDE6.jpg

The second rad, fans and fittings rings should be here on Monday so then will just be CPU & GPU to go and then will get hi-res shots and build videos over the next month or so. The panels should be off to anodiser by end next week and then parts for custom cabling will follow.

Soldato
OP
Unfortunately not a lot happening at moment. The rest of the components less the CPU & GPU have arrived. However the wrong radiator was accidently picked & dispatched so it is way too thick to fit into the case. With that it also appears stock is non-existent of the CoolStream PE 240 and so until that arrives I can't do too much. I have got the plate for the front IO cover all cut and so all the parts that need to go to the anodising company are ready to be dispatched which will happen on Friday. Will get some pictures of the bits and pieces sorted later anyways and will try and do a full shot of all the parts/boxes I have received to date.

Soldato
OP
So small update (sorry lacking pictures).

The last radiator has been dispatched to me and is on it's way after the wrong one turned up as above. Also all the fittings & plates have been sent off to the anodiser to get sorted. Decided on the Orange based on the feedback I have had overall. These should be back in a week or two depending on other jobs he has on (I just said slide them into a space as no rush since haven't got all the parts). Without me being able to get a GPU thus far I have still gone and got an EK block for the reference 6800/6900 from EK which should also arrive over the next few weeks. With that it means that the second tube I bent when possibly going air is going to be changed.

Still on the hunt for the CPU side of things but with stock starting to trickle through a couple of different companies it looks like it wont be too long till can order a 5950x for this. Going to try the F5 war for a 6900xt as well and see where I get too. Well over double what I would really want to be paying but I just want this built tbh. Then last thing is the second M.2 drive. Prices have risen to almost double what they have been previous and so am waiting to see what happens with regards to that. Nothing went on sale for Black Friday/Cyber Monday with them and at moment it is more cost effective to get an 8TB second hand from CEX than a new 4TB so yeah that may well be the January upgrade.

So far the only actual build issue I have is the length of the dongle for the Logitech Pro X wireless headphones I have picked up is way too long and need to get an extension cable to plug into the mobo and then I can double-side sticky tap that to the mobo tray panel. Next on my list whilst I await for the arrival of the panels back and radiator to do some more tube bending is to design the logo transfer to get printed for the panel. Want to go for something larger than initially designed and wrap it over the front third. Oh and I need to spray the small grey panel that has Antec on the front to black or make it polished silver to match the EK logos. Will see how looks once stripped.

Yeah I think this covers the small update. Will get photos once stuff comes back and there actually progress to show.

Soldato
OP
Tiny update. The anodising is done...bar one part which ended up being nickel plated so that will be what it will be. Sorry about picture quality, it is off a message through FB messenger.

aN7J5DV.jpg

Back
Top Bottom