The last game you completed, and rating (Console Edition)

Associate
Just completed Resident Evil Village last night. First RE game I've played and thoroughly enjoyed it. Not difficult but a handful of jumps, mostly in the first half of the game. Will definitely given 7 another go (I never got very far). I'd give this 7.5/10

Me and the boy finished It Takes Two yesterday as well, was excellent, 8/10

Last games I'll play for around 6 weeks or so as tomorrow I've having an operation on my arm as I've managed to snap the tendon that connects my bicep to my elbow. It doesn't hurt but needs fixing.

I'll pick up R&C once the sling/cast is off

Soldato
Ratchet and Clank A Rift Apart

A solid 7-7.5/10 for me.nice visuals and a great showcase for the PS5 controller. The use of the SSD for the first feature was nice, if a little underutilized.

The 2 characters needed something to set them apart in a gameplay point of view. Same guns, same moves, etc essentially just a skin swap in gameplay.

I'd say if you can find it on a fair offer or pre-owned give it a shot for the haptics etc.

Next up probably FF7 Remake. Didn't play it originally but grabbed a PS4 Copy for the ps5 upgrade

Soldato
I "completed" the story mode from Mario Maker 2 on Switch.

Having recently replayed Super Mario World I was really looking forward to all the great levels Nintendo could come up with, but I have to say I was annoyed overall at how short, gimmicky and puzzle style so many of them are. Out of 100 levels at least 30 are inventive granted, but annoying departures from the Mario style as you lose action flow of a Mario game and it becomes more of a puzzle game.

Some levels were great but I skipped many using Luigi, overall still good and that's just part of the whole package.

As an aside regarding the Final Fantasy games, I haven't really enjoyed one since 9, I tried 15 and I've ranted about this already, but they're the worst, unimaginative and most unlikeable character designs I've ever seen in any game, up to 9 FF games always had some likeable/well designed characters at least without the uncanny valley effect of trying to make them look more realistic like that mostly forgotten FF movie that lost Square so much money in the early 2000s that was criticised for uncanny valley effect as they tried to make it look real.

Within 10 minutes of playing FF15 it has you doing a cringe group selfie photo complete with 12 year old K-Pop fan style poses, with the worst character designs in any of the FF games, and you're supposed to be high ranking military, but are skinny little twinks wearing all black goth style flouncy outfits with spiked frosted tip style hairdos. Couldn't bring myself to play it barely any beyond that.

Started Mario Maker myself yesterday and I see what you mean already. To me though, these levels are essentially just showcasing things that you can then do in the creator rather than being full on traditional mario levels if that makes sense. More like a source of inspiration

Caporegime
Detroit: Become Human - 4/5

Loved Fahrenheit and Heavy Rain so expected to enjoy this and wasn't let down.

Great graphics and voice acting, some amazing characters and character interactions and multiple story paths that you can unlock depending on the decisions you make earlier in the game. Would've been nice if Quantic Dream used a different control system but it suits this type of game and works well, just feels a bit dated now.

Soldato
Resident Evil Village. Totally bonkers, fun romp. RE4 crossed with 7. Quality production, fun gameplay, epic moments, if a little confused and disjointed. The action, exploring and upgrading weapons was spot on - I just wish it felt more like a complete experience rather than a movie directed by 5 different people. Totally recommend either way. 7.5/10

Resident Evil 2: Remake. I went into this off the back of Village and was blown away. The purest in me avoided it at launch (how dare they tinker with RE2?!) and I was wrong. It's up there with RE4 and the original as the greatest RE to date. Solid and consistent in tone, pacing, and intrigue throughout. Something that can't be said of much of the series. Gorgeous looking, tense and takes you on a proper journey. Uber fast load times on Series X too. 9/10

Associate
Ratchet & Clank: A Rift Apart - 9/10

An absolute gem of a game. Pure, unadulterated, ebullient fun from start to finish. Continues on from where all the previous entries left off, adding in another set of characters. Feels incredible to control: beautifully tuned weight, feel and control with shooting, completely added to by the haptic feedback in the triggers. Looks stunning with HDR and ray tracing, seriously stunning. Doesn't outstay its welcome. Basically, the perfect console game.

Associate
Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order 8/10

Gave up on this a few times mostly around mapping and navigation. A bit frustrating but eventually got in the zone. Having to travel back to start of levels felt a bit retro/padding.

Really enjoyed the story. Gameplay mostly fun. Fighting worked for me. Game became so much more intuitive once skills unlocked in game. Skill tree also added some cool stuff.

Graphically, it looks fantastic and runs amazing on the Series X. Played 2nd half with enhanced version.

Associate

Gave up on this a few times mostly around mapping and navigation. A bit frustrating but eventually got in the zone. Having to travel back to start of levels felt a bit retro/padding.

Really enjoyed the story. Gameplay mostly fun. Fighting worked for me. Game became so much more intuitive once skills unlocked in game. Skill tree also added some cool stuff.

Graphically, it looks fantastic and runs amazing on the Series X. Played 2nd half with enhanced version.
A good Star Wars game, that's a first! Usually generic throw away games

Soldato

A good Star Wars game, that's a first! Usually generic throw away games

I've just finished it and I wasn't that impressed. It's basically a game with no original ideas at all. And it has some very annoying sections. I'd give it a 6/10. I should add that I'm not a Star Wars fan :cry:

Soldato
Dark souls (1) remastered - sad to see it done. Follows DS2 (similar feelings). Have been playing DS3 - not feeling it yet...

3 was fine, but felt like a collection of all their systems/ learnings over the years into one game. Like a greatest hits. Lacked something for me. Still worth a play but I feel 2 will always hold the top spot for me

Associate
Yep. Wierdly after starting ds1 and feeling I was playing a 90s game, I ended up liking it the most. Or rather felt sad at the end wishing there was more. DS2 and Bloodborne - I was ready for the end even though loved them. Think because the latter levels on both were getting quite small and too easy

Soldato
Detroit: Become Human - 4/5

Loved Fahrenheit and Heavy Rain so expected to enjoy this and wasn't let down.

Great graphics and voice acting, some amazing characters and character interactions and multiple story paths that you can unlock depending on the decisions you make earlier in the game. Would've been nice if Quantic Dream used a different control system but it suits this type of game and works well, just feels a bit dated now.
Great game - absolutely loved it

Soldato
Metro Exodus, enhanced Edition series X: 9/10

It was a slowish burn at the start, and at some point I wasn't too sure about it, as it's quite punishing if you don't play the game like it's intended to (i.e: it is not a run and gun shooter). I kept at it and I very glad I did. It's beautiful, the pacing is excellent and the story, while not being particularly deep, is great. How the story ramps up at the end was just great and I'm 100% going to pick up at least one of the DLCs at some point soon.

Also pretty stoked on how rare some of the achievements were that I got without trying.

Last edited:
Soldato
Not complete but i got half way through serious sam 4 and couldnt take it anymore

That game is nuts, you get endless hordes of enemies charging at you. a lot of them

i would rate what i played a 3 or 3.5 out of 5 maybe

Back
Top Bottom