The last game you completed, and rating (Console Edition)

Man of Honour
Trine 4. Got all achievements on Stadia and was a fantastic experience. The puzzles really got challenging near the end.

I’ve just started playing the first one in 3 player coop and it’s a lot of fun. In coop you have to get all heroes to the end rather just 1 so it’s a lot harder.

Man of Honour
Maneater - 7.5/10

Really enjoyed this one, great fun. Great visuals and varied environments, combat and objectives are a little basic and repetitive. Quite a short game and all achievements are easily obtainable. A few crashes which were annoying. Another game I wouldn’t have played without game pass.

Only a few days until the Doom Eternal enhanced patch, so that’ll likely be my next game. Then hopefully onto flight simulator.

Associate
Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart - I finished this last night. I thought it was excellent, the most fun I've had playing a game in a long time. I even Platinum'd it, admittedly an easy platinum, but not something I usually bother with. 9/10

Caporegime
Astrow's Playroom - 4/5
It's not much more than product demo to market their controller and console but it's done so well and it's amazing fun while it lasts.

Bugsnax - 3/5
I enjoyed the variety of ways to catch bugs, some of the characters were amusing to talk to and it had a good, if short, story, but the novelty wore off pretty quickly and it wasn't very exciting to play.

Associate
Mario Odyssey 9/10 Main game story, not all moons.

Late to this and avoided all spoilers, played all prior main games going back to Super Mario Bros on a Nes as kid in the 80's, so I've seen the evolution of the Mario platform series first hand, mostly within a couple years of the games release, or on release with Super Mario World and Mario 64.

I loved Mario Odyssey, I feel it's the true sequel to Mario 64 I was waiting for after Mario Sunshine being more limited location and both Mario Galaxies the smaller globe Worlds got old for me quickly, but Mario Odyssey was exactly the freedom and larger open World style I wanted from a new Mario game.

I loved the changeable costumes, the little craft that you travel around in, loved all the little details. I think I prefer this to Super Mario 3D World on the Wii U which I also liked more than any of them since Mario 64. I know the Switch version of that adds a new Bowser game to 3D World so I might have to get that on Switch too.

Going in with no spoilers or guides some of the secrets were awesome, with some genuinely surprising level themes and bosses.

I'll probably try collect all moons as it's a great pick up and play game for that purpose even after the main story is over.

Caporegime
I got half way through it an dropped it as it just wasn't grabbing me like the first one did. I might give it another shot at some point.

Well I can absolutely say you must play Dead Space 2. It’s even more of a thrill ride than the first one with some new weaponry, some new baddies and improvements to elements like zero-g, stasis and telekinesis. I haven’t been able to stop playing since I started.

Last edited:
Soldato
I got half way through it an dropped it as it just wasn't grabbing me like the first one did. I might give it another shot at some point.

It's not a patch on the first one in terms of atmosphere and creepiness, but it's still decent. DS3 was abysmal, not sure how I pushed myself to ever complete it.

Caporegime
A Plague's Tale - 2/5

Story and most of the characters were very good but the puzzles were far too easy, I wanted the kid to get eaten, the sling was a bitch to control and the AI was thick as ****.

Became very tedious to play near the end.

Edit: Changed score to a 2, 3 was too high for how much it annoyed me.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Dead Space 2 (PS3) - 9/10

Just as good as the first entry but it went on a tad too long for my liking so I docked a point for that.

Remember Me (PS3) - 7/10

This was something different, it's a shame Don'tNod have abandoned it and no sequel was made.

Caporegime
ICO (PS3) - 8/10

Loved this game. It would have got a perfect score but there were two bits that absolutely did my head in and I nearly gave up.

Only seven games left to play before I box up my PS3 forever and try to flog it.

Back
Top Bottom