The last game you completed, and rating (Console Edition)

Caporegime
That’s the worst chapter. 5, 6, and particularly the 2 DLC chapters are the best.

Maybe I should have another go tonight and see then.
---

Gears of War 2 - 6/10

I'm not sure I really liked this. There were some good moments (particularly the tension generated in the research facility - which is referenced in Gears 5) but my memory was fooling me into thinking it was much better than it really is. I do recall Gears of War 3 being the best of the originals so it should only get better.

Soldato
Alan Wake should be gone tomorrow. It's not strictly a first party game as it was only published by Microsoft, developed by Remedy. However, I am really surprised that this game is leaving GP. I thought it would have stayed there forever.
Yeah that’s what I would have thought, oh well.

Might give quantum break a go once I’ve finished RE7.

Soldato
Tell me why 5/10. I had high hopes as I really enjoyed life is strange but this just didn't click for me. I guess I just wasn't invested in the story, didn't like the theme and the only character I really liked was Michael.

Man of Honour
Tell me why 5/10. I had high hopes as I really enjoyed life is strange but this just didn't click for me. I guess I just wasn't invested in the story, didn't like the theme and the only character I really liked was Michael.

I enjoyed the game except for the clearly forced “woke” issues. I’d give it a 7/10.

Soldato
Finally finished Death Stranding. The storyline was utter nonsense although I really liked the ideas behind it of bringing people together. Absolutely loved the gameplay though, I'm not sure why but I found it really meditative. It loses points for combat, but for being bold and having broadly lovely gameplay, 8/10

Soldato
I enjoyed the game except for the clearly forced “woke” issues. I’d give it a 7/10.

Yeah I nearly stopped after the first ten minutes because of that but in the end I'm glad it didn't become the main focus of the whole game.

Just finished walking dead: Michonne. 7/10, it was a lot shorter (I think) from the other ones but I think I'm just a bit done with the whole humans worse than zombies thing. Stopped watching the show too after about season 6.

Soldato
I finished Alan Wake and the DLC, just in time for it to leave Game Pass.

It's a great game, I really enjoyed my time with it although the scares dropped off about 1/3 the way through and it became more of a thriller.

An 8.8/10 for me, better story telling and gameplay compared to the Last of Us, and I'm looking forward to trying Quantum Break now.

I also played those two in quick succession. Quantum Break was much better than I expected. Not sure why, but when it came out originally I dismissed it for no particular reason. So glad I got the chance to play it.

Soldato
Seems to be a more common thing in TV and games now. I stopped watching American Gods in Series 2 because it just went way too over the top.

As far as games go, I just look at forums like this (and for PC, Steam reviews) to see if real-world politics have been shoe-horned into a game. Games and TV are for escapism so unless it makes sense in context, I'm out. :D

Nice, I’ll play QB ahead of RE7 then.
Quantum Break was superb - really enjoyed it. :)

Soldato
What remains of Edith Finch 9/10. Loved it, kept me engrossed all the way through which is rare for me now. I loved the weirdness of it, it doesn't run great but it didn't really matter about the odd slowdown due to the nature of the game. If you like the walking sim type games like gone to the rapture etc you should play it.

Soldato
What remains of Edith Finch 9/10. Loved it, kept me engrossed all the way through which is rare for me now. I loved the weirdness of it, it doesn't run great but it didn't really matter about the odd slowdown due to the nature of the game. If you like the walking sim type games like gone to the rapture etc you should play it.

For the type of game it's a masterpiece. Such a beautiful and weird setting that pulls you in.

Resident Evil 7 (gamepass)

Finished it in just over 10hrs on normal, not normally one for scary games but I could cope quite well with it after a while, will hold off RE8 for now, maybe wait for price drop or maybe it to possibly hit gamepass like the above in the future. 8/10

Soldato
Great game. I really enjoyed it, a nice break from the usual stuff out there :)

Caporegime
Assassin’s Creed - 6/10

Just finished game 1 of my Assassin’s Creed marathon. Boy was that both extremely repetitive and the last few sequences as tough as nails. Had to cheese my way through it. I swear I never want to play this game again. Still looks very pretty at 1440p on Series S. Now on to ACII. Can’t decide whether to play it at 1080p60 on XSS or 4K30 on PS4 Pro though!

Soldato
OP
Mortal Kombat 11 8/10

I enjoyed the story fights, and the combat is great even though I can't string more than 2 combo together! Will start the DLC shortly

Soldato
Assassin’s Creed - 6/10

Just finished game 1 of my Assassin’s Creed marathon. Boy was that both extremely repetitive and the last few sequences as tough as nails. Had to cheese my way through it. I swear I never want to play this game again. Still looks very pretty at 1440p on Series S. Now on to ACII. Can’t decide whether to play it at 1080p60 on XSS or 4K30 on PS4 Pro though!

Nice, I used to love the Ac series but prefer to look back with Rose tinted glasses, I'd be tempted to go back to play Ezio's arc. 1080p @ 60fps is probs best :)

Associate
The Saboteur on 360 ... have not enjoyed a game as much before or since... Dive off the Eiffel tower into a pond is cool and was great to score 1000G on it :)

Associate
Final Fantasy X. Was initially very put off by the first couple hours due to how dated everything felt, but after forcing myself to get through it something clicked and I couldn't put it down. I can definitely see why its been so widely acclaimed.

Associate
Final Fantasy X. Was initially very put off by the first couple hours due to how dated everything felt, but after forcing myself to get through it something clicked and I couldn't put it down. I can definitely see why its been so widely acclaimed.

Have you tried XI? I kinda like FF on the earlier ones but the look now puts me off

Associate
Have you tried XI? I kinda like FF on the earlier ones but the look now puts me off
I haven't, are they similar? I tried XII and I couldn't get into the combat system (too automated for my liking). Will be trying the XIII trilogy later though since I really enjoyed the sphere grid system and thats used in those games too I believe.

Back
Top Bottom