The last game you completed, and rating (Console Edition)

Soldato
I haven't, are they similar? I tried XII and I couldn't get into the combat system (too automated for my liking). Will be trying the XIII trilogy later though since I really enjoyed the sphere grid system and thats used in those games too I believe.

It all went down hill after X I'm afraid, you may get on with X-2 (I didnt) but XI is a MMO, XII is a complete change up and gets rid of the fight instances (Some like it, I didnt) XIII is basically on rails. XIV is MMO and is apparently pretty good after a massive reset. XV was lack luster at release but may be a little better now.

Only ones I haven't spent a fair amount of time with are the MMO and the XIII trilogy. X was the last great FF imo.

Man of Honour
It all went down hill after X I'm afraid, you may get on with X-2 (I didnt) but XI is a MMO, XII is a complete change up and gets rid of the fight instances (Some like it, I didnt) XIII is basically on rails. XIV is MMO and is apparently pretty good after a massive reset. XV was lack luster at release but may be a little better now.

Only ones I haven't spent a fair amount of time with are the MMO and the XIII trilogy. X was the last great FF imo.

Dragon Quest took over the top JRPG title many years ago.

Soldato
If it was on game pass then you did pay for it.

Haha, yes ... everything should entirely be taken literal at all times, especially when followed by a tongue-in-cheek smiley :D

(the above sentence should not be taken literally)

I personally didn't think it's "very" short, it struck me as "just right" more than anything. No fluff, just good gaming experience that sets up a potential long running franchise. I hope more will be made, but it's doubtful.

Man of Honour
Haha, yes ... everything should entirely be taken literal at all times, especially when followed by a tongue-in-cheek smiley :D

(the above sentence should not be taken literally)

I personally didn't think it's "very" short, it struck me as "just right" more than anything. No fluff, just good gaming experience that sets up a potential long running franchise. I hope more will be made, but it's doubtful.

It’s fine for a game pass game to be very short, in fact it’s probably a good thing.

I think Titanfall 2 and A Plague Tale are the only two games I’ve recently played with absolutely no filler in the game.

Soldato
It’s fine for a game pass game to be very short, in fact it’s probably a good thing.

I think Titanfall 2 and A Plague Tale are the only two games I’ve recently played with absolutely no filler in the game.

Looks like our playlist is very similar - played Plague tale too and it's excellent. Yet another game I had totally written off when it came out, but so glad I played.

Associate

I did play XV back when it came out. Definitely felt lack luster but I still enjoyed what it had. I really like the music from the XIII trilogy so I think I'll go play it for that alone.

Associate
Uncharted 4 for the second time. Amazing all round. Loved the characters, story, graphics and stunning environments and scenery. Gun play is a lot meatier then the first 3 games. 9/10.

Currently also playing TLoU2. About 30% through. Only playing at weekends. Amazing so far.
Don't you find uncharted is let down by the amount of gunfights? Becomes generic and repetitive regardless of the memorable set pieces.

Associate
I "completed" the story mode from Mario Maker 2 on Switch.

Having recently replayed Super Mario World I was really looking forward to all the great levels Nintendo could come up with, but I have to say I was annoyed overall at how short, gimmicky and puzzle style so many of them are. Out of 100 levels at least 30 are inventive granted, but annoying departures from the Mario style as you lose action flow of a Mario game and it becomes more of a puzzle game.

Some levels were great but I skipped many using Luigi, overall still good and that's just part of the whole package.

As an aside regarding the Final Fantasy games, I haven't really enjoyed one since 9, I tried 15 and I've ranted about this already, but they're the worst, unimaginative and most unlikeable character designs I've ever seen in any game, up to 9 FF games always had some likeable/well designed characters at least without the uncanny valley effect of trying to make them look more realistic like that mostly forgotten FF movie that lost Square so much money in the early 2000s that was criticised for uncanny valley effect as they tried to make it look real.

Within 10 minutes of playing FF15 it has you doing a cringe group selfie photo complete with 12 year old K-Pop fan style poses, with the worst character designs in any of the FF games, and you're supposed to be high ranking military, but are skinny little twinks wearing all black goth style flouncy outfits with spiked frosted tip style hairdos. Couldn't bring myself to play it barely any beyond that.

Man of Honour
Mass effect 3 - 8.5/10

And with that I’ve finished the remaster. Did every single mission and dlc. What an absolute blast. So few games are as fun these days.

Soldato
Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart

8/10

Bloody great game and looks amazing at times just really wish there was a little more of it!

They have come on story telling and some of the weapons are a pretty fun to use, just over too soon for me.

Second R&C game I've got the platinum trophy on but this one was supper easy.

Back
Top Bottom