The last game you completed, and rating.

Soldato
Homesick

Took 2 hours. 4/10

Graphics and textures were beautiful. Puzzles weren't that challenging and were slightly repetitive. Story might have been good, but unless you go back round and read every scrap of paper just before the end, you'll miss it. TBH I can't be bothered.

Soldato
7/10 for Wolfenstein the old blood, i replayed it again because it's related to DOOM.

is it better than Doom 2016 ??????? not sure, it has a far better story, but DOOM 2016 has far better Combat and is much more fun

Associate
Firewatch 9/10

** Disable map location in the settings for an even better experience **

Short (I did it in 4 hours) but such an adventure of emotions, was a pleasure to play it on my new Steam link setup in the living room. No jumpscares, inspirational art style and a real sense of chemistry between voice actors.

Definitely recommend it while it's in the summer sale.

Soldato
DOOM. 9/10

Could have been 10 if it had been longer but I got a good challenge from it playing on the second hardest difficulty. Took me about 12 hours. Really good graphics and well optimized. Worth another play through.

Soldato
Bioshock 2 + Minervas den dlc - 8/10

I know a lot didnt like the second game as much but I thought it was great. I have played it before a long time ago but wanted to mop up some achievements and finally play the Minervas den dlc.

Think i'll play through BS1 again at some point, I actually cant remember a thing about it it was so long ago since first playing, so hopefully it'll be like playing it fresh.

Soldato
Just completed Bioshock 1 for the first time. Really cool game 9/10. I've played them in reverse, starting with Infinite (best story in a game ever for me). My copy of Bioshock 2 actually corrupted on my old PC but I've re downloaded it my new rig and it's seems ok so I'll be able to play this right through shortly.

Also completed F.E.A.R 2 last week. Not quite as good as the first but really enjoyable and some great moments. 8/10. Playing the Reborn DLC just now.

Soldato
The Evil Within - 7/10

I should have played it on a higher difficulty as it was way too easy, but I enjoyed it. Similar to Resident Evil 4, but with much better gfx and atmosphere. The story was a bit confusing, even after collecting all the files etc. Now onto the dlc..

Soldato
I'm halfway through NFS 2016 and I don't know if I'll be able to finish it. I got the game cheaply and was actually enjoying it for a while but it has so many glaring flaws I just can't overlook.

Firstly, the handling is mostly atrocious. What's the point of having a grip setting if the only thing it does is prevent the car from turning at all? Completely useless, since you have to drift like crazy even in normal races if you want to clear corners fast enough.

Secondly, the city is very pretty at times but also awfully empty and bland. They've captured that late evening/night/early morning atmosphere perfectly but that's where the positives end. The map feels like a huge stepback from previous games. They even had the gall to rehash courses through the entire career instead of making new ones so be prepared to race through the same bits over and over again with some variatons.

Thirdly, the car selection is crap. Who the **** decided it was a good idea to have a dozen Porsches or an old ass Golf? Customisation is also very limited. Why make it a huge selling point of the game if there's only a handful of available parts for the majority of the cars and some you can't customise at all?:confused:

Also, some design choices are just plain daft. They've made the game always online so don't be suprised when some random bloke crashes right into you during a race because he's just happened to be coming at full speed from the other side. And what if you need to go for a slash? Or answer an important call? You'll have to restart the race since there's no pause button.

And don't even get me started on those bloody unskippable cutscenes. If I wanted to watch a bunch of morons bickering and trying to be cool, I'd watch a political debate.

To sum up, everything a NFS title should do right, this game does wrong. Poor handling, repetitive races, bland setting, samey cars, lacklustre customisation, bad design choices and untolerable amounts of fistbumping.

I'd give it a 4/10 for the graphics, nice night/early morning atmosphere and being able to do some clever stuff with vinyls/liveries.

NFS should really go back to it's roots. Fast exotics on beautiful tracks, sense of speed, great handling and an atmospheric electronic soundtrack. That's all the series has ever needed. I doubt it'll ever happen but one can wish. Codies have done it with Dirt Rally so maybe someone with a bit more brains finally makes a proper reboot of this franchise.

Associate
Transformers: Devastation

If you like the old cartoons you will love this.. button mashing fun... for 7 quid its the only game i have actually played start to finish in the last 2-3 years.

9/10 from me.. although I am biased as I love G1 Transformers

Associate
Final Fantasy VII

Finally got round to replaying the version hat was released on PS4. Still as amazing the 10th+ time around as it is the first. Love it. 10/10

Going to get round to FFX HD again soon.

Soldato
Bioshock Infinite - 9/10

What a fantastic game! Amazing world and environments, voice acting, character and relationship development, with pretty good combat. The only thing that stops it becoming a 10 is the slightly long middle sections, such as having to see Slate to get a plasmid to unlock the tram which at the time just seemed like padding (admittedly at the end of the game, the Comstock - Slate hostility makes a bit more sense).

But the ending is one that is going to sit with me for a while I think!

Back
Top Bottom