The last game you completed, and rating.

Associate
Xcom 2.

Really enjoyed it, but was a little disappointed by the end cinematic sequence. Still, managed to have all of my squad survive seeing as I had got quite attached to them by the end of the campaign :D

9/10

Caporegime
Metal Dead - 4/10

Point and click adventure. Bought because people said it was funny. For me, it is not.

There is no pause, and if the phone rings you will miss conversations, as they happen without the player needing to advance them.

Puzzle solutions were immediately obvious, barring the very last one, which was not only contrived but also gave you a game over if you didn't solve it in 20 seconds (a real kick in the nuts).

Would not recommend. "Time Gentlement, Please!" is a much, much better example of a funny point and click.

Associate
Inside - 8/10

I've been struggling with maintaining an interest in playing games for months now but risked this and I'm afraid that I'm going to have to join the love-in for it.

If you have any interest in game design you will want to experience this. Rather blummin' good.

First game of its ilk I've played, had surprises and didn't outstay its welcome.

Associate
The Last of Us Remastered PS4

10/10

What I liked:

- Poignant story with a thought-provoking ending;
- Top-tier voice-acting;
- Great soundtrack;
- Tense/challenging gameplay;
- Visuals

What I didn't like:

- Over-use of clickers as a means of increasing difficulty;
- Repetitive puzzle-sections

Last edited:
Associate
Bloodborne on PS4.

The good:
> Felt similar in some ways to Dark Souls, but different enough to be a fresh new experience and the horror vibe really appealed to me.
> Some great boss design, and plenty of variety with fights that were geared to test a number of different play styles.
> The Old Hunters DLC....upped the difficulty and actually provided some of the best areas and bosses in the entire game.
> Chalice Dungeons were a great addition and kept me going back for more.
> The gun instead of a shield was much better in my opinion for both the pace of the game, and for parrying.
> I also loved how the game differed from Dark Souls in that it rewarded aggressive play styles with such mechanics as the ability to regain health by attacking shortly after taking damage.

The not so good:
> The game itself felt a lot easier than any of the Souls games. Sure, some areas were challenging, but certainly towards the late game I felt the difficulty of the bosses and some of the enemies dropped a great deal.
> Coming from Dark Souls 3 on PC this looked a little dated in comparison with a LOT of shimmering on most objects and noticeable jaggies. Enemy and boss design was fantastic though.
> Frame rate and frame pacing issues! Enough said...if you've played it you'll know.

Overall these were minor issues and it ranked up there just behind Dark Souls 3 in my opinion. There were some great moments in this game and some of the bosses (Shadows Of Yharnam, Father Gascoigne, Vicar Amelia, Ludwig, Orphan Of Kos in particular) were among the best in the series. Many were not too hard though and the only boss that I had to attempt about half a dozen times was Martyr Logarius. Thoroughly enjoyed the experience even if the PS4 itself didn't win me over enough to hang on to it.

Score 9.2/10

Associate
Ryse - Son of Rome

A little repetitive on the buttons you have to push at the the "right" times or you get punished for it but I thought the game was better than the reviews it got tbh, It's something different, I liked the setting and the fact it's an easy game to play when you can't be bothered playing other stuff.

7/10

Soldato
Singularity - Ive had this in my library for years but never got round to playing it. Overall it wasn't a bad game for its time and kinda reminded me a bit of Bioshock meets Half-life. 7.5/10

Associate
Ryse - Son of Rome

"...it's an easy game to play when you can't be bothered playing other stuff."

That's precisely why I played it. Repetitive button mashing mostly. Though I'm not sure that's a good position to be in. I tried firing up Divinity: Original Sin the other day and just... couldn't... be... bothered...

This makes me sad but that's where I'm at (and have been for some time!).

Soldato
That's precisely why I played it. Repetitive button mashing mostly. Though I'm not sure that's a good position to be in. I tried firing up Divinity: Original Sin the other day and just... couldn't... be... bothered...

This makes me sad but that's where I'm at (and have been for some time!).
Divinity: Original Sin is an understandably daunting game to first start up. I have trouble getting going with games like this often, too. Just so much to see and do and so many systems and features you need to learn. It's also quite slow to start.

Sounds like at the moment, you'd benefit from something with some good pacing and doesn't have a high skill level required. Maybe try:

Rise of the Tomb Raider
The Evil Within
SOMA
South Park: Stick of Truth

These are all pretty constantly engaging games.

Associate
"... Sounds like at the moment, you'd benefit from something with some good pacing and doesn't have a high skill level required. Maybe try:

Rise of the Tomb Raider
The Evil Within
SOMA
South Park: Stick of Truth"

These are all pretty constantly engaging games.

Thank you for your input, I appreciate it. SOMA was one of, if not the, last game I completed. South Park was fun and I played that while I was 'in my gaming groove'.

I have The Evil Within and will give it a go. Thanks again.

Soldato
Inside - 8/10

Great graphical style and some very edge-of-seat moments (which there should have been more of, IMO).

It all just got a bit too weird at the end for me and it seems there were some missed opportunities to make a good game great. More rounding off of story instead of being ridiculously abstract, more suspense/edgy moments and also a less weird ending.

Soldato
DOOM (the new one). The single player is a fantastic throwback and I loved every second of it. The game was pretty big, tons of things to find and at the right difficulty, it's fairly challenging.

I miss these games where your main goals are to jump around like an idiot blasting enemies in the face without needing to reload or take cover.

9.5/10

Soldato
A bit late as always but completed AC: Black Flag

Really enjoyed the ship battles and ocean faring parts. Felt like two different games in one with the land and ocean stuff. Tons left to explore but it's really samey samey after a while. Sunk about 40 hours into it and completed the main story.

Loved the ending too.

Highly recommended

9/10

Soldato
The Fall - 8/10

Very atmospheric and great story. Some of the puzzle solutions were a bit obscure though and I had to resort to a guide a couple of times. :(

I'll definitely buy the sequel.

Back
Top Bottom