The last game you completed, and rating.

Soldato
The Stanley Parable

After getting and selling a lot of Steam cards I had a free (I guess?) £2 in my wallet and finally picked up this game. It was fantastic! It's been a while since I enjoyed something this much.

Granted it is short, there are 19 endings, and has zero reply value once you have explored all aspects of it. As a game it is very different and I'd highly recommend it if you want something unusual.

I'd quite like to play something else quirky like that now.

Try Pony Island. I've not played it myself, and have avoiding finding out much about it before jumping in but, from what I do know, I reckon it's right up your street if you enjoyed SP.

Antichamber might be worth a look too. I have played that one, and it was pretty smart.

Soldato
Yeah the first chapter is quite different from the rest of the game - I also thought 'Oh no, not another Outlast type clone' when I was playing it but I was very wrong. You are not injured in the next chapter and won't be to the same extent as in the first level again throughout the game.

Thanks it's about £5 on cdkeys so may just grab it then! Sounds challenging which I like and ammo scarcity sounds good

Soldato
Thanks it's about £5 on cdkeys so may just grab it then! Sounds challenging which I like and ammo scarcity sounds good

The ammo balance is perfect, you never have loads but never absolutely run out. Similar with the challenges - it makes you feel on the border of being overwhelmed and that you'll never get past it but you never are and you always do. There is an amazing sense of relief when you do find yourself well stocked in ammo or with health stimpacks. Enjoy.

Associate
I've held back on buying Dishonored 2 as there are a large number of Steam reviews suggesting it's poorly optimised and borderline broken. :(

I actually taught it ran well enough.Mind you I had to make some adjustments but overall it was good.Enjoyable experience:)

Last edited:
Caporegime
Antichamber might be worth a look too. I have played that one, and it was pretty smart.

Only game to have ever left me feeling sick to my stomach with a pounding headache. After only 10 mins...

And it's not even VR!

I had two attempts, both left me feeling ill. A quick Google suggests it affects a fair few people like this.

Just a friendly warning :p

Associate
Life is Strange:
Had it sitting in my steam list for a while, a very good point and click adventure. It really ups the bar on the telltale games but i don't think i enjoyed it as much as the walking dead (first) or wolf among us.
Had some great rewind options and a well crafted story but i was expecting a bigger twist at the end, i didn't really like the 'choose ending' option either.
7/10

Soldato
Life is Strange:
Had it sitting in my steam list for a while, a very good point and click adventure. It really ups the bar on the telltale games but i don't think i enjoyed it as much as the walking dead (first) or wolf among us.
Had some great rewind options and a well crafted story but i was expecting a bigger twist at the end, i didn't really like the 'choose ending' option either.
7/10

Just finished this myself last night and was a bit so so on it. Probably 6-7/10 for me too. First 3 episodes were the better ones, 4 and 5 just felt like retreading old ground. Less buggy than any telltale games I've played, only had one issue where Max's lips weren't moving but found it funny.

I did like that the rewind gave some extra gameplay however towards the end it felt like there was only 1 path and making wrong choices forced you to rewind until getting the path they want you to take. Whereas early on rewinding was more optional

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Try Pony Island. I've not played it myself, and have avoiding finding out much about it before jumping in but, from what I do know, I reckon it's right up your street if you enjoyed SP.

Pony island is great. mental but great

Associate
Been playing Factorio recently, and last night I finally managed to completely automate my rocket launches.

I've put more time into this £15 game that I have any other AAA title over the last 5 years.

Absolute 10/10 for me. Best £15 I have ever spent, and that includes Minecraft! If you have not played this game, you absolutely have to, it epitomises the "just 10 more minutes" mindset. I swear I am dreaming of transport belts and inserters!

Associate
I did like that the rewind gave some extra gameplay however towards the end it felt like there was only 1 path and making wrong choices forced you to rewind until getting the path they want you to take. Whereas early on rewinding was more optional

Yep. To start with I really thought making the wrong choices would come back to hurt you later on in the game but it didn’t quite feel like any of them did. The last episode just felt like I was funnelled toward the ending.
I guess that’s the limitation with these types of games, too much work to create multiple branching stories to cater for different choices.

Soldato
Yep. To start with I really thought making the wrong choices would come back to hurt you later on in the game but it didn’t quite feel like any of them did. The last episode just felt like I was funnelled toward the ending.
I guess that’s the limitation with these types of games, too much work to create multiple branching stories to cater for different choices.

Indeed, along the way it felt semi meaningful but turns out it boils down to the final choice to play 1 of 2 cutscenes I guess?

I went with this choice
Sacrifice Chloe, couldn't stand her anyway! Game tried too hard to make me care I think

Associate
I have Life is Strange but havent installed it yet. May have to give it a go soon. I have just finished FireWatch and really enjoyed it, even though you don't really do much apart from walk around the map. The characterisation and radio chatter between you and Delilah is very well written and worth the outlay on it's own. I hope it gets a bigger and better sequel, it certainly deserves to.

I got Everyone's Gone To The Rapture in the Steam sale, so that's going to get installed in the near future. I do like these atmospheric "Games". It's a pity that this kind of writing isn't crammed into many AAA titles these days.

Apart from Ethan Carter and Dear Ester are there any others along the same lines as this that anyone would recommend?

:)

Soldato
I have Life is Strange but havent installed it yet. May have to give it a go soon. I have just finished FireWatch and really enjoyed it, even though you don't really do much apart from walk around the map. The characterisation and radio chatter between you and Delilah is very well written and worth the outlay on it's own. I hope it gets a bigger and better sequel, it certainly deserves to.

I got Everyone's Gone To The Rapture in the Steam sale, so that's going to get installed in the near future. I do like these atmospheric "Games". It's a pity that this kind of writing isn't crammed into many AAA titles these days.

Apart from Ethan Carter and Dear Ester are there any others along the same lines as this that anyone would recommend?

:)

The Witness, sort of the same open world, totally different art style and with puzzles... So not really the same actually lol

Associate
I went with this choice
Sacrifice Chloe, couldn't stand her anyway! Game tried too hard to make me care I think

I went for:
The same. Sacrificed Chloe, i found it really annoying how apparently you haven't seen this friend for 5 years, even though you live in the same town and now all of a sudden you wont leave her side.
I also accused Nathan and got him expelled, took the charity money to pay frank and left the gun there when i found it in his RV

Back
Top Bottom