The last game you completed, and rating.

Soldato
Watchdogs 2.

I didn't like the way they designed WD2. I prefer the more serious tone like the first game was. It felt like they leaned more to a SR's theme with this one.

Though it had the classic network puzzles and a new world to discover. The world is big. But it had the ability to fast travel (something lacking in Mafia 3 unmodded i.e. on console).

I didn't really like the story of WD2 either. We're never really told what the gripe is with the main character. It all seems a bit petty. All hype with not much seriousness.

I complained early on in the game but it did pick up the atmosphere in the last third of the game. Though the ending wasn't that difficult.

Soldato
Assassin's Creed ll - 8/10

After the repetitive first game, this is a master piece. The only disappointment for me is the difficulty. It's too forgiving compared to the first game. Also the unlocking off the Altair outfit should be able to be completed before nearing the end game, so sort of felt a little pointless.

Soldato
Assassin's Creed ll - 8/10

After the repetitive first game, this is a master piece. The only disappointment for me is the difficulty. It's too forgiving compared to the first game. Also the unlocking off the Altair outfit should be able to be completed before nearing the end game, so sort of felt a little pointless.

This was how to do a sequel! Only one I played through and to 100% as well!

Associate
I finished metro last light redux on the weekend. An awesome game.
As for ratings and achievements etc. They don't interest me.
I did finish watch dogs 2(main story) and titanfall 2 recently. Both games were superb.

Caporegime
Back into the Dungeon mod for Legend of Grimrock 9/10.

+ a must play for those that enjoyed playing Dungeon Master on the Atari ST or Amiga
+ the assets/features of the LOG engine serves this mod well

- quite a few of the original monsters from DM that I was hoping to see recreated weren't included. Instead, substitutes from LOG were used, which, for the most part, did a good enough job. Slightly disappointing, though.

I never actually completed DM back in the day (struggled with knowing what to do when facing Lord Chaos), so to finish this version was very satisfying.

Last edited:
Soldato
Far Cry 4 - played 90% of the game when it was first released then got a bit bored. Finally went back and finished off. Great game - terrible story. Especially when compared to Far Cry 3 - expectations were set in that game so when I ultimately didn't get to bed Anita I felt let down and cheated! :D 8/10

Soldato
Star Wars the force unleashed. Really surprised by this game. The story takes place between Episode 3 and the execution of order 66 and A New Hope. If you know what I'm talking about and you haven't played this game then you must - the story is a real treat for Star Wars fans. 8/10 as Star Wars fan. 7/10 for the actual game.

Associate
Mafia 3 - 7/10

I delayed playing this one until it was properly patched and I will say I enjoyed it. Quite a lot of racist **** in this game but those were the times. If you held off before due to it being buggy, it's cleaned up nicely now. One side note, I knocked it down a point because it's not SLI compatible - so be warned.

Soldato
Fallout 4 (with the Minutemen and with Nick as companion for most of it).

Bit disappointed if I'm honest because the storyline wasn't that great and the game doesn't feel like it has the same amount of depth that FO3 had. Hated some of the choices you are shoe-horned into making.

I still spent a fair number of hours on it and Far Harbour was probably the best part. I'll give it 7/10.

Caporegime
Far Cry 3: Completed this for the second time, having previously played it on the 360. I got everything, every last nick nack. I think it starts a little bit awkwardly, and it's hard work when you can't carry much ammo and have to constantly switch guns, but once you get some crafting done and can carry a few guns and lots of ammo it gets a bit more straightforward. I like that the stealth works well, and that even when you mess it up you have a chance at coming back from it. It feels quite well balance in that regard.

Tomb Raider (2013): Way too much combat, and some of the quick time events nearly forced me to give up. There's not enough of the proper old fashioned platforming. It looks really good, so there's a plus there. I finished it and then spent half an hour gathering some extra collectibles before I lost patience with it. Compared to Far Cry 3, where I went out of my way to find every last thing, this was way more tedious and trying.

Soldato
Ryse: Son of Rome 8.5/10

Picked this up on steam for about £3 last weekend. A very short campaign but for the price i'm not complaining.

Played through the whole thing maxed on my 55" 4k TV with xbox one controller and i had a great time. Epic graphics, really fun chaining kills together and Damocles is bad-ass.

A lot of nods to the film gladiator all the way through.

People hated on it for all its QTE's but for the price i enjoyed it.

Full price i'd probably have given it 6/10 for the length (around 6 hours)

Caporegime
Quake 4: False Dawn.

+ looks pretty much like a professionally put together piece of work
+ interesting ending
+ quite an impressive looking game world

- very short though I don't really mind that
- I couldn't enable all the sikkmod options without graphical corruption (IIRC an earlier driver would solve that though I didn't bother with it)
- most of the in-game dialogue at the end was hard to understand

Back
Top Bottom