The last game you completed, and rating.

Associate
Its poor and does not add anything that cannot be adjusted with a mod

I was just thinking, you know with those AI Neural Network enhancement apps and websites, like letsenhance.io, it would be cool in the future if there was some kind of on chip enhancement of game textures and effects for lower resolution games. That would be interesting (also deep-dreamifying of games but thats another discussion)

Soldato
Resident Evil 0 Remaster - 10/10

A biased review, as I am a huge fan of the older Resident Evil titles. This is the same game, but with prettier visuals and extra costumes.

Now that I'm older and no longer scared of zombies and other mutated experiments, I'm actually finding knife speedruns pretty fun. I finished a 2 1/2 hour knife speedrun on RE1 Remaster.

Same, loved playing through RE1 and 0 when they came to PC. This is why I don't get the complaints about remasters, if games wern't remastered awesome games like this would end up being forgotten as not many people hang onto old consoles. There are certain games that deserve to be remastered for the next generations.

I really hope they do RE2 justice! I think that was my favourite of the classic RE games.

Soldato
Far Cry 5 - 7/10.

A hugely enjoyable game until you begin to see it's many flaws. There is a lot of great gameplay here but it is somewhat tarnished by dreadful AI, asset popup, lack of weapons vs previous titles and core mission structure. Can't even replay the game (which is very short) unless you wish to restart because for some useless reason it has only 1 save slot.

Soldato
Same, loved playing through RE1 and 0 when they came to PC. This is why I don't get the complaints about remasters, if games wern't remastered awesome games like this would end up being forgotten as not many people hang onto old consoles. There are certain games that deserve to be remastered for the next generations.

I really hope they do RE2 justice! I think that was my favourite of the classic RE games.
I think the point is most remasters are junk!

When done properly IE Resident Evil they are great. Each junk one is a missed opportunity which is a shame...

Associate

Yeah, I can't wait to hear more news and a release date. I've always wanted to see raccoon city remade with current gen graphics.

Soldato
Completed Deus Ex: Human Revolution and loved it from start to finish. My thought was to do an all non kill game (pacifist) but seems I messed up somewhere, although now having searched for it, I found this on the DeusEx wikia.
This achievement starts from the first moment of the game, when Adam Jensen is not yet augmented; killing anyone in the prologue chapter will lock out this achievement.

And I think it is there I messed up. Always thought the prologue in a game was the learning stage and what you did there didn't count. If I remember right I think I shoot someone. :o But can also be that I granted the detective his final wish to die, although that be a bummer if it was, can't seem to find if it mattered or not.

But in any case, I still enjoyed the game even if I did not get the Pacifist achievement (not that I play a game for the achievement's, just would been nice knowing one succeeded playing through it without killing anyone :p ). Only bug I saw was a floating guy high in the air outside a building.

Would definitely recommend this game if asked ! :cool:

Associate
I finally completed Witcher 3. It's a fantastic game. My only issue with it is that once I completed the Kaer Morhen bit, the game just couldn't top it. That whole section was brilliant and felt like it would have been a great natural conclusion to the game (with a few bits done differently obviously). The sections after that dragged for me. On to the DLC's now.

Soldato
Final Fantasy 15, got over 60 hours out of it by doing all the side quests, not too fussed on completing all the hunts.

It's a game of two halves really, the first part your in a semi open world and can explore, then you'll end up with a more linear second half that pushes you towards the end of the story. The ending really hit me and I've not had that in a game for years.

Soldato
Just finished Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor. 50 hours put in over about 2 months, pretty satisfied! I've been working through classic titles since getting back into PC gaming in 2016. Before that was Batman:Arkham Asylum and Fallout 3.

Any recommendations for where to go next? :D

Caporegime
Just finished Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor. 50 hours put in over about 2 months, pretty satisfied! I've been working through classic titles since getting back into PC gaming in 2016. Before that was Batman:Arkham Asylum and Fallout 3.

Any recommendations for where to go next? :D

Some I'd consider classics and all very satisfying - Skyrim, Fallout 4, Witcher 3, Prey.

Soldato
Kingdom Come Deliverance and Far Cry 5, both completed on the same day a week or so ago. I was gutted, both excellent games.

KCD - 10/10 (i did not have any issues with bugs or performance)
FC5 - 9.5/10 delivers exactly what you expect, plays brilliant except for the average vehicle handling. Just like wildlands!

Soldato
Doom (2016)?
I actually gave this a quick go at Christmas with a mate, loved taking turns and yelling at the pace but not sure I can hack it on my own!

Some I'd consider classics and all very satisfying - Skyrim, Fallout 4, Witcher 3, Prey.

I watched my mate play FO4 on PS4 while I played 3 on PC, feel like I've experienced both enough, for now at least. But Witcher 3 keeps popping up. I couldn't get into the second one.

Cheers :)

Back
Top Bottom