The last game you completed, and rating.

Soldato
Completed them all in 2 months so...

Yakuza 0 - 9/10
Yakuza Kiwami - 7.5/10
Yakuza Kiwami 2 - 9/10
Yakuza 3 Remastered - 6.5/10
Yakuza 4 Remastered - 7.5/10

Waiting on 5 in Feb and playing through Judgement, which is shaping up to be a solid 8-9/10.

Very underrated series of games, if you haven't tried them yet you should, and you can pick 0 up for a measly £15 (best entry point)

Associate
Halo Reach - solo campaign. Story was ok, sets up the other games so worth playing just for them. Gameplay could be very frustrating though, going from difficult to very easy, and having to play the same section several times. 6/10

Soldato
Jedi Fallen Order - I'd give it a solid 7/10

The calls about the gameplay being highly repetitive are true but the story is pretty good and there are a few really amazing moments that just keep you coming back for more!!! It's the best star wars game there has been for a very long time!

I do wish they'd move out of the current time period though... I'd love to see a Kotor game with this amount of polish, or something set in the future after the events of the films.

Question is, what to play next?

Caporegime
Played all of the Fallout games, the Witcher, Skyrim, RDR2, Wolfenstein, the AC games, GTA V etc etc Never played the dying light games...

Prey is another that's definitely worth a look.

Also, I know it's old but System Shock 2 with mods has excellent voice acting (among the best I've ever heard in a game) and a great story, IMO.

Can't go wrong with some of the other oldies like Stalker with mods for immersion and atmosphere, as well as a deep and engrossing story.

F.E.A.R. is fantastic in that regard as well though I expect you've played that.

Soldato
Remedys Control.

This is my personal Game if the Year for sure (granted I've played limited new releases this year)

By the Team behind Max Payne and Alan Wake. Great atmosphere and overall art direction.

A few technical issues hold it back a bit but its essential imo.

8.5/10

Caporegime
Last week Control was £32 on Humble Store and you'd get a further 20% off if you were a subscriber (I think). Epic's Xmas sale starts on Thursday so maybe they will have it on offer.

Associate
Just finished Hellblade, game play and combat so so, lots of repetition, good story 3/5. Wanted to play it after seeing the sequel trailer.

Soldato
Ace Combat Skies Unknown - 9/10

Been having an absolute blast playing this game. All around phenomenal and if you enjoyed previous games, will love this. To be honest, even if you never played prior games, would be worth a punt on steam sales with their refund policy IMO as I expect many who have not played prior games will enjoy this. Visually the game is stunning, the soundtrack and music is amazing, blends in and out perfectly. Combat is fun and fluid and the missions themselves are diverse and fun. Weaving though enemies, ducking into and out of clouds (which muffle the noise) etc is a blast. Does explain why Digital Foundry's John Linneman rated this his best 2019 game. That said the overall length of the game is pretty short for main missions. On first try probably complete it in around 10 hours or so. There is replay ability but as you can imagine is so so. The world is fictional so those brand new to the series may not know the context behind some parts of the story however.

+ Graphics
+ Soundtrack / music
+ Missions themselves
+ Details on models and planes
+ Combat

- Short length

Back
Top Bottom