The last game you completed, and rating.

Soldato
Doom 2016 - 9/10

Never played a Doom game before, picked this up as it was like £4 and seeing Doom Eternal released aswell decided to give it a go

Wow what a game, loved it throughout and is so much fun to play, completed it in about 3 days :D

Soldato
Finished MGS V: Phantom Pain not long ago, after a few months playing it.

Great fun stealth sandbox silliness. A bit grindy at times, but consistently damn good fun, and easy to dip in and out of for quick half-hour sessions.

8/10

Man of Honour
OP
Doom 2016 - 8.5/10

Having attempted to get into it multiple times I finally persevered and ended up really enjoying it. Took some adjusting having just finished Black Mesa e.g. I kept trying to reload for the first 1/3 of the game. The damage modelling is fantastic, the sounds fantastic, the visuals brilliant.

I will wait for Doom Eternal to come down slightly in price and will then fire that up too.

Soldato
Mass Effect: Andromeda

Some good, some bad.

It was nice to feel like I was back in the ME universe, but the story was too weak to sustain this for long, and there weren't the memorable characters of previous ME games.

The main questline was a bit dull and much of it felt repetitive. There were none of the type of missions from the original trilogy that felt momentous and engaging. By a dozen hours in, every quest felt like a rehash of something I'd already done several times over.

The main enemy felt very familiar as well. I kept thinking "haven't I fought against exactly this enemy but with a different aesthetic before? More than once?"

I probably wouldn't have stuck with it but for one thing: the combat was really good fun! The frantic pace of playing as a vanguard build trying to manage health and shields and target priority enemies second-to-second in pitched battles was some real fast-paced fun. I also quite liked crafting weapons and using mods and augments to complement my playstyle. Some of the skills were nice, too.

But the game was too long given how the content dragged and repeated, even bearing in mind a nice combat system and quite well-integrated modding, augmentation and leveling systems.

6/10

Man of Honour
OP
Two Point Hospital - Off the Grid DLC

7/10

I completed the new DLC today - 'Off the grid'. It reminded me what I love about this game and they have made a good few QOL improvements since I last played. It was quite challenging at times too. I'll wait until the rest of the DLC is in a sale to pick it up.

Associate
Call of Juarez Gunslinger. 8/10

Late to this game I know but what a fun game and cool story. I really enjoyed how the narrator could instantly change the world you were playing in. The guns were a little weak - not enough variety in my opinion. Loved the time slow down function. For $3 USD it was the better way to spend a weekend while locked down due to COVID19.

Quick note: Steam has a free demo of it available.

Soldato
Finally got round to finishing the Monster Hunter World main story, 7.5/10. The story is not the greatest but fun to follow along, graphically the game is amazing as well as sound. My major gripe is with the amount of tutorials, I mostly just stuck to what gave the highest damage for the weapon I enjoyed the most (Switch Axe), I just felt beyond lost in what I could change/upgrade/what would be best etc.

My other major gripe is with some of the bosses, at some points I'd be 2 hit, bosses felt cheesy and the hit boxes were incredibly broken at some fights.

However, now it's time for Icebourne, I'm excited. But I really need to sit down and understand what is best to use per boss.

Man of Honour
OP
Another game of the lockdown finished.

Shadow of the Tomb Raider - 6.5/10

I enjoyed it, but it isn't a patch on the previous two titles. Everything just feels a little cheaper.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Resident Evil 3 Remake - 8/10

The game is indeed short, but then so is Resident Evil 2 Remake, the only difference is you play again with small changes and a new character. So in the end it’s about replay value. As I am getting a lot of replay value out of Resident Evil 3 Remake I am happy to give it an 8. On my 4th playthrough right now.

Soldato
Axiom Verge - 8/10

Really enjoyed this and I was never a massive Metroid fan. Amazing that it was all made by one guy!

Not sure how this slipped past me but I'm glad I played it - 3 sittings for a 15.5 hour completion :)

Caporegime
Gears 5 - 9/10 (campaign only)

Flippin' great. I don't know what everyone was moaning about. Maybe it was the multiplayer portion but I'm not bothering with that. The campaign felt epic, graphics were nothing like I've seen before really.

Soldato
REmake 3 - 8/10

I was initially somewhat disappointed with the "streamlining" but it grew on me. There are a couple of things it does better than RE2:
-dodging
-boss battles
-music
-enemy variety
-unlockables
-difficulty levels above Hardcore

Unfortunately, there aren't any choices or alternate scenarios so it doesn't feel as complete as RE2. Even though the differences in A/B were fairly minor, you still got to experience the game with a different character using different weapons, visiting different minor locations and seeing some different cutscenes + there were bonus modes and 2nd run scenarios. It wasn't much compared to the original but it was something.

There's none of that here, though the new difficulty levels mix things up. If the game had branching paths, like 30% bigger city section, less setpieces and a bit more exploration + Mercenaries mode, I'd rate it above RE2.

If you only want to play it once, wait for sale. It's a 5-6h game starting on Hardcore and taking it slow, not counting cutscenes. It doesn't count inventory time unlike RE2, though. I paid half price and was pretty satisfied with my first playthrough and I know I'll replay it a fair few times so it's around 8/10 for me. For others it might be 6-7/10.

Caporegime
Inside 9.5/10

Just the right length, didn't overstay its welcome. What a great game. And a massive surprise towards the end. I wasn't expected what happened, to happen. Now I have to replay again as I didn't get all the bonus items for the alternate ending.

Associate
Gears 5 - 9/10 (campaign only)

Flippin' great. I don't know what everyone was moaning about. Maybe it was the multiplayer portion but I'm not bothering with that. The campaign felt epic, graphics were nothing like I've seen before really.

Ill be starting this soon, reviews praise the campaign. Did you get it on Steam for 50% off? I did, hehe.

I beat Doom (2016) again, and before that i finished Doom Eternal. 9/10 for both.

Caporegime
Ill be starting this soon, reviews praise the campaign. Did you get it on Steam for 50% off? I did, hehe.

No, I played the whole campaign during those four days whilst it was free. :D I'm probably going to buy it when I get the Xbox Series X later in the year as it should run it better than my PC, I know they are updating it with a patch.

Soldato
Division 2 - Warlords of New York with Uplay+ (all season and mission unlocks).

9.7/10.

A vastly upgraded experience from the original release, one of the best games of its type ever produced.

Congrats to the dev. team and Ubi for sticking with it during the dark days of Division 1.

Soldato
Divinity: Original Sin 2 Definitive Edition

What a game, i would say its equal to witcher 3 if not better in terms of story and combat. I kickstarted it and waited a good year after release to reach a definitive edition. My first attempt was with a party of 4 but struggled as i didnt learn the mechanics and made a rubbish party. Second attempt i went in with two party members with lone wolf and love the pairing. The story and the world around it was brilliant. 10/10

Going to give the first game a go which wont have an spoliers as they are set a 1000 years apart.

Back
Top Bottom