The last game you completed, and rating.

Associate
Rime 9/10.

Rime is a fairly short game (5-8 hours) but the visuals and sound track are amazing. Wanted a game that I could sit back, relax and enjoy using a controller and Rime delivers well on that. Fairly easy and the puzzles are not too difficult and there is no combat.
Only downside I could see is the pricing of the game. Its currently listed at £30 on steam, which is too high for a game like this. I picked it up fairly cheap for a quid or two but otherwise would have steered clear.

Soldato
Halo Wars 2 5/10

It was okay it's short at 8hrs, fun for the most part but it's a very dumbed down RTS.

I did enjoy it's blitz mode but can't every find any one online to play it as it's mp is dead. The AI is also very repetitive repeats same tactic so once you work it out easy to beat it

Caporegime
Far Cry New Dawn 9/10

Pretty short but really enjoyable apart from the annoying ending. Really missed having PS4 trophies though by playing on PC as it would have made me play a bit further to do some collectables and things.

Associate
The Fidelio Incident 5/10.
Was a very short game. Finished in 2 hours. Walking simulator with light puzzles and a pretty linear gameplay. The game doesnt allow any chance of exploration and the plot seemed lacking to me which is mainly narrated through letters that you pick up. Graphics are decent and the sound track is very good.

Soldato
A Short Hike. 8.5/10

I just fancied something different and bought this based on the Steam reviews. Given all the negativity and bad news these days, it was a very welcome, pleasant way to spend a few hours. It's the definition of "chillout gaming" :)

Associate
Shadow of the Tomb Raider - 7/10

Bought this on release day and only finally got into this game during the COVID-19 quarantine. Great way to spend a week. Excellent graphics, audio, and game play. Not quite as good as the previous two but I did really enjoy it. You can now get it for $10 which is a lot cheaper than I bought it 2 years ago. A steal for 30+ hrs of game play. (completionist)

Soldato
Gears of war 4 6/10 - probably the weakest of the gears game, glad I finished it though. I played the previous gears and would have rated them all 8-9, so I do like the series. I'm gonna checkout gears 5 next and then onto tactics.

Soldato
Halo: Reach MCC 6/10

Only ever played the first Halo on the original Xbox, picked up Reach to fill the boredom of not going out. It was OK, it has to be judged on its age I guess. Missing lots of common modem day shooters such as key binding weapon switch. Lots of cheap instakill moments which I don't remember from the original.

Playing through Halo MCC now, I feel it flows better as a game and that soundtrack! The enhanced textures take away something from the interior sections I feel and the same issue with controls

Soldato
XCOM - Chimera Squad 8/10

I really enjoyed it, a lot shorter than a normal xcom but i didnt mind especially as it was only £8.49, still a lot of game for your money. It was a different take on the franchise and i enjoyed the differences. Characters for the most part were okay, some occasionally funny moments between them. Def worth playing if you enjoy any form of strategy game

Soldato
Super Mario Brothers on NES. Only took my 35 years. 9/10 fantastic game from the era but jumping sometimes frustratingly unresponsive.

And more relevant dying light the following expansion. 8/10. Fantastic coop zombie killing with some interesting parts to the map, spoiled a little bit with obvious putting checkpoints at either end of the map continually. Not as good as main game but I can't say I have not had more than my monies worth out of it.

Soldato
The Division 2 6/10 completed it was as much as I could bare to. Highly repetitive after level 30 (endgame?) Wish it ended there tbh despite the extra hours of relative fun.

Ghost recon Wildlands 8/10 loved how the story went. Breakpoint next but I suspect I will not like it was much.

Soldato
Ghost recon Wildlands 8/10 loved how the story went. Breakpoint next but I suspect I will not like it was much.

I've literally just completed Wildlands - and this is BIG, believe me - I DO NOT complete games, in fact I usually barely scratch the surface before losing interest!

Finished all of the missions except the alternate ending and the Predator mission and loved (almost) every minute - a solid 9.5/10 for me!

I tried Breakpoint but it just doesn't have the same feel as taking down a cartel! Just need to decide whether to buy either of the DLC's!

Associate
@StevieP - IMO Fallen Ghosts is a worthy DLC, but Narco Road is forgettable and very out of place.

Totally agree re: Breakpoint, the Mrs and I co-oped Wildlands and loved every minute, but we got bored of Breakpoint and packed it in approximately halfway through. It just felt so pointless and empty compared to Wildands, and the whole drone angle did nothing for me particularly compared to rolling up the cartel.

Associate
Ori and the Will of the Wisps at 100% completion. 8/10. I'm probably in the minority but I don't think it's as good as the definitive edition of the Blind Forest. Still an excellent game though and well worth playing (both of them are).

Back
Top Bottom