The last game you completed, and rating.

Associate
Horizon Zero Dawn - 9/10

Reading the previous posts I think I may buy a PS5 for the next instalment. Will be my first console since the Gamecube.

Associate
Wahey. Sony strategy worked on you then. :D

Indeed. It's rare that an open world game hooks me in this completely. I find them bloated and I'm rarely able to finish them but this was something quite special. The new consoles look very impressive to boot and I'm looking forward to seeing what they can do.

Soldato
Outer Wilds (PC) - 7.5/10

Just completed it after 11 hours, according to Steam.

Spoilers ahead - Don't read if you've not played the game yet.

Unfortunately, I've discovered I am the sort of person that really needs their hand held through a story :p The story is pretty good, but to progress, you're completely on your own. Some people have loved that about this game, and I can understand why some people would, however in the end it became a little frustrating when I spent loop after loop trying to discover something, but ending up with nothing. I knew about the Time Loop mechanic before starting the game, and I was really intrigued. At first I really enjoyed it, but it didn't take long until the intrigue wore off, and it was a bit tiresome near the end.

By far and away, this game has some of the best music/sound production I've ever heard - It produced atmosphere in the different environments like no other game I've played before. Trying to silently zoom through Dark Bramble without disturbing the fish, was actually terrifying - And the music always comes on at the perfect time.

Overall, I did really enjoy it - It's something completely different to what I've played before. It was disorientating in places, and there were quite a few "WTF" moments :p I would recommend it, but be prepared to get your detective cap on - Even now there are some parts of the story that I'm not sure I fully get - So I'm now off to the Outer Wilds wiki to hopefully get clued up :p

Soldato
Horizon: Zero Dawn - 9/10 - Really enjoyed the story and setting and while the port wasn't quite as good as it could have been, even a bit cluncky in places, I had no issues and it ran well. If you are on the fence about it wait for a sale but well worth picking up.

Destroy All Humans: - 4/10 - I never played the original but after the first hour or two goes by it shows it's limitations and becomes very repetitive and with only 4 side game modes there's no compelling reason to come back to it. I only finished it because I hate leaving game's half done. But if you want a bit of fun for a couple of hour's and you can get it for a fiver or so it could be worth a punt but not at any price above that. (fool that I am I paid £17 yikes)

Associate
Titanfall 2 (7/10)

I had fun with this fairly short but action packed campaign.

So long, BT. In terms of the story I did have to question why that insta-kill smart pistol would only be part of an emergency survival kit and not standard issue. Of course I recognise that this would have upset the gameplay experience for the player, it just seemed a bit silly

Associate
just completed the single player campaign on Titantfall 2. I originally went through it on xbox when it launched and then purchased it on PC recently for less than £5. Even now, after all these years it's a stunning game, well put together and has an excellent story line. if you haven't played it, you've missed out on a classic!

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
just completed the single player campaign on Titantfall 2. I originally went through it on xbox when it launched and then purchased it on PC recently for less than £5. Even now, after all these years it's a stunning game, well put together and has an excellent story line. if you haven't played it, you've missed out on a classic!
Played probably about half of it when I had my PS4P when I got it free with PlayStation Plus, was good but no way near as good as I was expecting based on people saying how great it is. Maybe I would have enjoyed it more on pc, but I don’t do origin so EA miss out on my money.

Once they get their games on steam without needing origin I will start buying their games again.

Associate
Outer wilds

8/10

Amazing unique art style, the exploration of the game is half of the fun. Flight controls take a little to get used to but they are simple and easy to pick up.

Back
Top Bottom