The last game you completed, and rating.

Soldato
Wasteland 3 - 8.5/10

Great game, some bugs which mean some quests cannot be resolved a certain way so dropped 0.5 points for that, otherwise great fun if your a fan of the Genre imo. Story is okay, but there are some fantastic moments at times, love the humor you see at times and some of the decisions can be pretty deep. Well worth playing, more so on game pass if your a fan of similar games.

Caporegime
Wasteland 3 - 8.5/10

Despite my moaning about the tech problems with Game Pass, decided I should give it another go before it doubles in price. Still got offered a £1 month offer so quickly paid for it via mobile phone and off we go again. This is just downloading now, I want to see what all the fuss is about.

Soldato
4 years late but I played and finished Titanfall 2 in one sitting (first game I have ever done that)
sure the campaign isnt long but HOLY people really werent kidding when they were comparing it to one of the best campaigns ever.

The level variety, clean platforming, great shooting, some down right incredible mechanics (time travel!) and just the constant pace is incredible from a game that was basically made for MP.

Campaign 9/10.

Soldato
Despite my moaning about the tech problems with Game Pass, decided I should give it another go before it doubles in price. Still got offered a £1 month offer so quickly paid for it via mobile phone and off we go again. This is just downloading now, I want to see what all the fuss is about.

IMO if your a fan of the type of game, you will largely enjoy it. Few quirks but scratched that itch for me. If you played previous ones such as Directors cut, this one has been made much slicker in terms of team members inventory and perks shared which makes things much more pleasant. Best game for me so far this year.

Associate
Prey Mooncrash 6/10. Was a weird one, I liked the concept but had mixed feelings about playing it. Towards the end was just getting bored and wanted to get it out of the way. Also was left feeling at odds with the endingwith uncertainty if any of the characters actually made it off the base.

Soldato
Shadow Warrior 2

Had it for ages but played it allot over past day or so really enjoyed it. Lots of fun, bit of a messy upgrade system though.

Visually it was nice. Enemies could varied enough though some levels far too similar over all though I enjoyed it and the shooting mechanics were fun too.

8/10

Soldato
The Last Campfire

Lovely looking 3d puzzle game. The puzzles are pretty simple, and you'll get through it in a few hours but sometimes you want something that wont demand all your time.
Soundtrack is great, and after an hour or so I got used to the narration. I saw people say the controls are grim with mouse/kb, but I used a controller and had zero issues.
Epic exclusive which is lame, but it's available on the consoles and even iOS.
Definitely give it a go if you're wanting something chilled out.

8/10 for me.

Associate
I finally, finally, finally finished Red Dead Redemption 2 single player after getting it on PC a few months back.

By the time the game ends it's both been a great game but also one hell of a slog to push myself through it.

My eyebrows were first raised a bit when I saw that something like only 30% of all the game owners on Steam had even got to chapter 3, barely a third through the game. That % drops as you carry on through the game to the extent that barely 20% of owners like me have completed the story.

It is an ALMIGHTY slog to get through the game's last 20 hours or so, as without spoilers, it's a surprisingly long and drawn out experience - great at first but it really drags it all out by the end. The horse riding is by far the best horse riding in any game, but I'm now completely sick of that concept in a game because you really have to spend a long, long time in the saddle in this game, with excellently rendered horses that are skittish and sometimes a pain in arse to control due to that realism.

I think this game also really shows how much energy and life the real life soundtracks add to the GTA games, the music in RDR2 is superb but does get boring and dusty feeling after a while, it definitely gives the game less vitality than the GTA games.

The gameplay is mostly great, but the "emergent gameplay," IE, getting interrupted ALL THE TIME is likely to grate heavily with completion-ists: you literally are constantly given reasons to go off track or interrupt your journey - again can be great, but by the end it's just a real slog. I completed all story missions, most all side quests and helped all I saw, so likely not nearly as much a drag just avoiding those extra quests and just doing main storyline ones.

You see a lot of posts about "now I'll finally get the time to finish RDR2," well you better put a long weekend aside because you've likely got another 30 hours at least to go.

It's a mostly great game that dare I say, outstays its welcome by 20 hours or more. If you're one of the 20% like me that actually completed it, then you'll know what I mean, the opinion of the game drops as you get closer to the end, because it really is an almighty slog to get through it.

I completed GTA 5 twice and I'll likely do the GTA 5 story again, I won't play through RDR 2 again unless it gets a director's cut that allows skipping almost all the horse riding, even with fast travel you still have to ride a huge amount of time.

8/10 the absolute higher end of my rating having actually completed it, I was considering a 7, though mid way through the game feels more like 9/10.

Though it's pretty obvious that most people rating the game and even calling it the best game ever or game of the year have not completed it or likely even come close, I'll say wait till you have completed it to judge it fully.

Associate
I finally, finally, finally finished Red Dead Redemption 2 single player after getting it on PC a few months back.

By the time the game ends it's both been a great game but also one hell of a slog to push myself through it.

My eyebrows were first raised a bit when I saw that something like only 30% of all the game owners on Steam had even got to chapter 3, barely a third through the game. That % drops as you carry on through the game to the extent that barely 20% of owners like me have completed the story.

It is an ALMIGHTY slog to get through the game's last 20 hours or so, as without spoilers, it's a surprisingly long and drawn out experience - great at first but it really drags it all out by the end. The horse riding is by far the best horse riding in any game, but I'm now completely sick of that concept in a game because you really have to spend a long, long time in the saddle in this game, with excellently rendered horses that are skittish and sometimes a pain in arse to control due to that realism.

I think this game also really shows how much energy and life the real life soundtracks add to the GTA games, the music in RDR2 is superb but does get boring and dusty feeling after a while, it definitely gives the game less vitality than the GTA games.

The gameplay is mostly great, but the "emergent gameplay," IE, getting interrupted ALL THE TIME is likely to grate heavily with completion-ists: you literally are constantly given reasons to go off track or interrupt your journey - again can be great, but by the end it's just a real slog. I completed all story missions, most all side quests and helped all I saw, so likely not nearly as much a drag just avoiding those extra quests and just doing main storyline ones.

You see a lot of posts about "now I'll finally get the time to finish RDR2," well you better put a long weekend aside because you've likely got another 30 hours at least to go.

It's a mostly great game that dare I say, outstays its welcome by 20 hours or more. If you're one of the 20% like me that actually completed it, then you'll know what I mean, the opinion of the game drops as you get closer to the end, because it really is an almighty slog to get through it.

I completed GTA 5 twice and I'll likely do the GTA 5 story again, I won't play through RDR 2 again unless it gets a director's cut that allows skipping almost all the horse riding, even with fast travel you still have to ride a huge amount of time.

8/10 the absolute higher end of my rating having actually completed it, I was considering a 7, though mid way through the game feels more like 9/10.

Though it's pretty obvious that most people rating the game and even calling it the best game ever or game of the year have not completed it or likely even come close, I'll say wait till you have completed it to judge it fully.

I finished this early this year. Took me a month to get through it. It was fantastic at times, but as you say it goes on for ever. The low point was definitely when you do the chapter that takes place off the main map, and it won’t actually let you save anywhere. When you get back, you have a long cinematic horse ride with accompanying music. Then you find the rest of the gang and you still can’t save- instead it sends you straight into a massive shootout. After THAT, you can save the game.

Got to bed at 2am thanks to that.

Associate
I finished this early this year. Took me a month to get through it. It was fantastic at times, but as you say it goes on for ever. The low point was definitely when you do the chapter that takes place off the main map, and it won’t actually let you save anywhere. When you get back, you have a long cinematic horse ride with accompanying music. Then you find the rest of the gang and you still can’t save- instead it sends you straight into a massive shootout. After THAT, you can save the game.

Got to bed at 2am thanks to that.

Yeah, thankfully I played right through that part that was off the main map so didn't notice not being able to save, though when I got near the end of the whole game I powered through until 4am just to get it done, so it's kept me up late as well.

I will say this to help any others, don't worry too much about the side quests or emergent gameplay quests, you'll get an opportunity to do them after completing the main story if you still want to, something the game doesn't make clear so I was doing them in case I missed them.

Being totally honest, RDR2 desperately needs a director's cut to cut some chaff out, I also feel it was a mistake to not have licensed music - they still had rudimentary phonographs then as far back as 1877, it wouldn't even need to be explained in the game, a few song options of classic country and western, blues and some cowboy film music like Morricone or RY Cooder along with being able to choose that would have made the game less realistic, but a lot better.

The horses are quite delicate and less fun than cars or bikes in GTA 5, you can't explore with as much freedom or abandon as if you fall off even a fairly low drop your painstakingly leveled up horses can die.

They also need an option to skip every single horse ride journey in the game, as over a year later only 30% even got to chapter 3, but you already have a long time riding by then. The game clearly does have big issues with pacing in terms of people fitting the game in their lives. Even with all that, it is still a great game overall.

ne0

ne0

Associate
Red Dead Redemption 2.

Took me roughly a year to complete. What. A. Ride. Easily the most incredible, immersive and complete gaming experience I've ever had. The level of detail in that game is just beyond comprehension. The graphics are just INSANE (especially with 1000nit hdr). At times I actually stopped and said out loud things like "that is just *****ing ridiculous" when seeing the level of detail and art in this game. I am actually sad that I've completed it but will definitely be going back just to enjoy the scenery and immersion. Wow.

11/10

Soldato
Resident Evil 3 -

Enjoyable, but not as good as the second. The early introduction of Nemesis and his frequent return, removed all sense of danger; it actually became annoying to have to fight him over and over...and over again. I completed it in under 6 hours despite exploring thoroughly and generally taking my time. Also, no additional "survivor" stories was a let down. I'm sure they could have done at least a couple based upon Marvin and Brad.

5.5/10 (in comparison, I'd give the second 8)

Back
Top Bottom