The last game you completed, and rating.

Soldato
Just finished Valhalla. On a par with odyssey which I loved.

Pros: story arcs, combat more interesting, more diverse world
Cons: kill animations got a bit samey, materials/upgrades were a bit grindy.

Overall about 85 hours, 8.5/10

Associate
Finally finished Ghost Recon - Wildlands. Bit late to that party :p I'd give it a 7 out of 10. The last few hours I just wanted it get through it and some of the stealth missions were frustrating.... But got there in the end. Now really fancy Valhalla but it seems to be £40 everywhere so that may have to wait.

Associate
Assassins Creed III on the Xbox One.
I think I totally missed the party :p
I would give it a 9/10. Great game. Great story line. Just wish I had completed more of the non-essential missions as I played through the main story, rather than leaving all the Homestead / Feathers / Almanac / Frontiermen / etc until after completing the main storyline.

Still cannot climb those damned tree view points!

Associate
Assassins Creed III on the Xbox One.
I think I totally missed the party :p
I would give it a 9/10. Great game. Great story line. Just wish I had completed more of the non-essential missions as I played through the main story, rather than leaving all the Homestead / Feathers / Almanac / Frontiermen / etc until after completing the main storyline.

Still cannot climb those damned tree view points!

Only 6 more (60-80+ hours each atleast) to go before you get to the current one. :D

Soldato
Finally got around to completed Black Mesa.

Score: 7/10

-1 point for the Interloper level. I really didn't enjoy it. I get that it was adding to the story somewhat, but it was as though it was made by a completely different developer. It was far too long, repetitive game mechanics (conveyors, bouncy things) and I just felt like I was wasting my time and it broke the immersion. There was no direction.

I did enjoy the Xen episode as a whole though. Final boss fight was good and the levels preceding Interloper were also very good. I felt immersed in those.

On the whole though, an excellent remake.

Soldato
Assassins Creed Origins 7/10

For a long part of the story it dragged on and I would have given it a 6 to 6.5 but with the expansions and additional content it did get better to earn a 7.

There's quite a few things that could be done to improve this.

Gear score doesn't fit IMO, the items should have fixed locations that would be impossible to reach at a low level.
Side quests are so boring, you find yourself skipping the dialogue.
Character models have the same over used appearance, far to many assets are reused over and over which to it's disadvantage can make it feel even more repetitive when doing side quests.

Good things.

Main story missions
Expansions gave a good amount of extra content
Arena/Racing/the Red icon dude on the world map that gave a good challenge to beat/The scrolls leading to hidden treasure/Lore
Talent tree and crafting had some nice progression

Associate
The Talos Principle 9/10 - Loved the soundtrack. Great puzzles and frustrating at times. Did not require help but some took me ages to figure out. Managed to get 2 of the endings but not the 3rd as didnt bother with collecting all the stars. Story was very interesting.
Would occasionally get frame drops and wasnt sure what was causing it as experienced them even on the lowest settings.

Soldato
Control 9/10.

This is a great game. It looks great with RT, it runs great with DLSS, minimal image quality hit. Fun game mechanics, challenging. The world is fun and side quests although few in numbers are still a great addition. The story is not that great but the journey is fun.

I only bought the game to try out RT but in the end enjoyed it quite a bit.

Last edited:
Associate
Mad Max - 7.5/10

I played this as something relatively simple to play with a controller while looking after the baby. I enjoyed it, it did get a bit grindy but I fully upgraded Max and the car.

What a climax.

Soldato
Finally finished Ghost Recon - Wildlands. Bit late to that party :p I'd give it a 7 out of 10. The last few hours I just wanted it get through it and some of the stealth missions were frustrating.... But got there in the end. Now really fancy Valhalla but it seems to be £40 everywhere so that may have to wait.
£35 at CDKeys: https://www.cdkeys.com/assassins-creed-valhalla-pc-eu-uplay

Always check CDKeys first, they're almost always some way cheaper than everywhere else.

Soldato
Just finished immortals feynix rising

Solid 7, the last chapters dragged it down from an 8.

The story it self is good and funny in parts, however the last two chapters drag on and on as it just keeps throwing puzzles on you that offer nothing and one stage task is climb a mountain which is dragged on cause of the puzzle it throws at you as they become mandatory.

I'd rather of it been an epic climb with challenging sections to climb so you had to navigate it differently to other areas

The game is puzzle heavy which I accept but it causes a drag on the last two quests and ruins it's flow abit imo

The combat is good too, the godly powers are allot of fun

As its still made by ubisoft whilst game has ton of stuff and filler quests I stopped going for it as didn't feel the rewards were worth it and felt it didn't add that much over all.

Plus when a reward is a skin I'm just not arsed

However I'd still recommend the game and well worth a play

Soldato
Cyberpunk 2077. 100+ enjoyable hours. The side quests do get a bit repetitive but no more so than the usual for open world games. The setting and atmosphere was fantastic, I loved the adult elements of the game although I would have liked a bit more variety in terms of who you could "connect" with. A different doll on alternating nights in Japan town would also have been most welcome! :D I didn't encounter any game breaking bugs, just a few floating objects on occasion. I'm hoping for improvements in terms of additional content or gameplay but I'm of the view that if you're avoiding the game due to the negative press it's getting, then you're missing out. 9/10

Man of Honour
OP
Finished The Medium. What a brilliant game. Intriguing story, unique game presentation, visually stunning at times, powerful immersive audio, moving story. Pretty basic gameplay, but then that’s not really the point of this one. 8.5/10.

Associate
Cyberpunk 2077

Rose Tinted Score - 9/10
Tint Free - 6/10

I really enjoyed this one. It's one of the very few open worlds I've connected with. I loved the characters, story and the first person aspect as it helped to immerse me. The graphics are fantastic but I feel that you really do need an RTX card to appreciate them. The difference ray tracing makes to the world and the overall atmosphere is something special and was worth sacrificing some frames to experience.

There is no denying that the game should not have been released in this unfinished state but there is enough good content for me to find enjoyment. To find that enjoyment however I had to overlook a lot of issues. Not just technical but with poorly implemented core mechanics.

If you haven't already purchased the game it's currently £22 from CDKeys. I personally feel it's in a good enough state to be worth the price but... if you can wait, come back later in the year and see how the game has shaped up then.

You could always buy the Steam key for that price and play it on Geforce Now. They only support up to 1080p but it will give you RT and decent performance. Something to consider.

Edit: Geforce Now Founders is currently £25 for 6 months.

Last edited:
Soldato
Doom Eternal 9/10. What a fun game. Also very challenging, quite a bit harder than Doom 2016.

Metro Exodus 7.5/10. Visually gorgeous game and very immersive until visual bugs come into play. I felt the gameplay was lacking, the formula may have worked in confined spaces of meto in previous games but the sneaking past everything in an open environment just didn't feel as fun. the gun play is sluggish and clearly not the focus of the game. An interactive visual gorgeous movie...with a mediocre plot.

Edit: I have to say, Metro's introduction of unkillable enemies without the game ever saying that the enemy is immortal is very bad game design and this oversight can be seen in many elements of the game. Immersive and pretty to look at but these gameplay directions make the game annoying. Started playing the DLC and its poorly thought-out combat encounters are quite infuriating.

Last edited:
Soldato
Bioshock Infinite (replay)

Still amazing. The only downside, as I felt at the time too, is the moment to moment gun play is just alright. Nothing wrong with it, just a bit samey

The story, characters, VO and setting hold up amazingly well. One of gamings best endings imo.

9/10

Back
Top Bottom