The last game you completed, and rating.

Soldato
XIII (original 2003) 7/10

I got this free from gog. I never played it upon its release way back when It came out.

I really enjoyed it, loved the comic book theme and art style through out. Cliff hanger ended sucked though :(

If it helps at all, XIII is not just comic-styled, it's based on a comic. Reading that should resolve the plot for you.

s k

s k

Associate
Dark souls remastered (coop)
Overall 8/10 (used to rate a 9, but after playing ds3 and ds remastered close together, I think ds3 is better)
- Starting area is great, feels very flexible in pathways
- Difficulty is pretty spot on, anor lando archers can suck it though
- I don't like how upgrading weapons worked. It feels unflexible. It would also be nice to be able to reset stat points.
- I'm sure you all know about the coop, it is not implemented well imo.

Associate
it takes two, gf not a big gamer but she loved the look of it so we gave it a shot and absoutley blew me away, getting slightly sloshed and playing this with the gf was most fun ive had in gaming in a long time, 10/10 loved it

Soldato
Dark souls remastered (coop)
Overall 8/10 (used to rate a 9, but after playing ds3 and ds remastered close together, I think ds3 is better)
- Starting area is great, feels very flexible in pathways
- Difficulty is pretty spot on, anor lando archers can suck it though
- I don't like how upgrading weapons worked. It feels unflexible. It would also be nice to be able to reset stat points.
- I'm sure you all know about the coop, it is not implemented well imo.

I take it you tried to play through most of the game coop? Is it pretty much the same as in 3 for the Remastered version (password summoning bypasses level limits but scales high level characters down)? And how did you find the invasions? My lad wanted to play DS3 coop with me, but lost interest around Smouldering Lake largely becasue we were invaded non-stop whenever I joined his world.

s k

s k

Associate
I take it you tried to play through most of the game coop? Is it pretty much the same as in 3 for the Remastered version (password summoning bypasses level limits but scales high level characters down)? And how did you find the invasions? My lad wanted to play DS3 coop with me, but lost interest around Smouldering Lake largely becasue we were invaded non-stop whenever I joined his world.
We got invaded rarely, maybe 5 times total. Mostly in anor Londo.

Soldato
We got invaded rarely, maybe 5 times total. Mostly in anor Londo.

Ah cool. That sounds perfectly tolerable. In DS3 it was every time the invasion counter renewed and just became a constant annoyance. The odd invasion now and again would be okay, though. Maybe we will switch our DS coop experience to the remaster of DS1.

Cheers.

Soldato
The Beast Inside - 7.5/10. Great format, flicking between the two timelines. Varied gameplay kept it interesting throughout, much more than just a 'walking sim' as some horror games fall into. **** myself a few times which is always fun. Slightly unsatisfying endings I thought but still recommended if you like horror games.

Soldato
Just 100%'ed Blasphemous. A pretty good metroidvania with cryptic lore, atmospheric locations and a focus on exploration with very little hand holding.

Hoped to get more out of the combat and the platforming is too archaic and got tedious after a while so I'm rating it 8/10. Can't really complain for what I paid.

Soldato
Finally finished Resident Evil 2 remake. Bought it when it came out back in jan 2019 and it's sat on my drive far too long. They did a cracking job on this remake and, despite the controls being a little clunky, still turned out to be a great game and finished it with both leon & claire and got the "true ending"

I also got Resident Evil 3 with my last gfx card so i'll be running through that one next. :D

Soldato
Cyberpunk 2077 - 8/10

Played 150 hours now and got all endings, skills all maxed out and maps all complete. Waited for patch 1.2 to clear up most the quirks and issues (for PC) I found. That or I was fortunate to not encounter loads like other people have.

+ Graphics are really stunning for most the part. Odd textures here or there, but on the whole with a settings notched up, it looks really good. Night time with RT and rain / puddles in particular in city centre looks really good.
+ Attention to detail is really amazing, seeing textures on your hand, details inside all the various cars in such detail and so on
+ Overall really loved the main story and most the side mission. Some real memorable moments which I expect I will be able to recall for a long while yet.
+ Relationship with other main characters, some really wicked moments, one - one convos, moments when its quiet etc.
+ solid amount of depth, can easily envisage the world to an extent
+ Audio and music is amazing. Played it on a Atmos system with height channels and world sounds amazing.

- AI is garbage in combat. This becomes more apparent as you level up and rank up. even on hardest difficulty entire game becomes a cakewalk so you need to basically avoid entire skill lines and weapons to not wreck levels in seconds. Last big bad guy built up throughout the game, knocked him out in 6-7 shots on hardest difficulty. So you need to find ways to make it artificially harder such as not spending perk points or best gear etc.
- Some minor quest bugs still remain which I cannot complete without unwinding hours and this is when game was started post patch 1.2. Mind only 2 quests out of 100's so not a big deal.
- Can be some pop in's still at times. Fortunately not as bad as what some people see but I think it may be due to having a fairly high spec system.
- Odd but for some reason once in game cannot customise your character! for a game where you can swap out your hands and implants, its odd you cannot get a haircut! Minor quibble but odd none the less.

Overall loved the game. There are some quirks, AI is garbage which makes combat trivial, but story, dialogue and chatter for me make up for it. That said, it does feel some areas need work and content was cut at times so plenty of areas to improve / make the experience better IMO.

Soldato
Have you played Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines?
Yes! Only discovered it for the first time about 3 years back. I'm actually long overdue a second playthrough. My last was with a female Malkavian which I don't expect to be able to be topped it was so cool! A masterpiece of a game though. Shame about all the issues it had when it was released but it has a serious cult following doesn't it.

Soldato
Sniper Ghost Warrior and Sniper Ghost Warrior 2.

1 is good, some problems but still a decent one to finish. Second game is much better and feels more freshed out and overall better quality. I didn't like a few mission in the first game as they moved away from the whole point of the game, which is sniping.

Going to start the third game soon.

Soldato
Tides of Numenera - 8/10

Took a bit of time to get into it. World is very different and fascinating from the onset and downright bizarre so can put people off initially. There is a lot of text and reading to get the most out of the world. When you do get going, will find, bar a few battles can talk your way out of most combat or go all in. So many sides stories that require you to explore everything.

Overall a pretty unique game and mesh of magic, worlds and sci-fi. Really feels at times they took so many genre's threw it into a bowl and spun this out, but it works.

ne0

ne0

Associate
Resident Evil Village - 8/10

Loved it all apart from the area with the weird, ugly fish dude which was for some reason clearly a lower standard than the rest of the game in pretty much every way.

Wanted the big tall lady with big boobies area to last longer.

Soldato
My wife just finished her first ever playthrough of ME1 (legendary edition) and gave it a solid 10/10. She's seriously hooked into the world, at 0100 last night. She didn't even hesitate to boot up ME2 and get cracking with that.

I'm so jealous of her getting to experience this trilogy for the first time!

Soldato
My wife just finished her first ever playthrough of ME1 (legendary edition) and gave it a solid 10/10. She's seriously hooked into the world, at 0100 last night. She didn't even hesitate to boot up ME2 and get cracking with that.

I'm so jealous of her getting to experience this trilogy for the first time!
Good to know, I've been meaning to finally play them. A few people recommended skipping the first as it might be off-putting. But those same people said it's too RPG-like and I love RPGs...

Associate
Mass Effect Andromeda

Really enjoyed the game, after a few patches the game got a lot better , only shame is you can tell it was not given as much love as the trilogy and also really needed the dlc to finish it.

Soldato
Good to know, I've been meaning to finally play them. A few people recommended skipping the first as it might be off-putting. But those same people said it's too RPG-like and I love RPGs...

The first one is purely story driven, it shows its age in side quests. I'd suggest starting with the 1st if you're able to look past the age of the mechanics and some of the copy paste side quests.

Back
Top Bottom